Confirm this rumour: Gears of War

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
i heard that microsoft was releasing a Gears of War collection for xbox one without gears judgment cuz that was the game that ruined the game n conntrollers n multiplayer but that it will include gears of war 1 2 and 3 and a sneek peek of Gears of War 4

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Can't confirm or deny, but history tells us that popular series *will* eventually be collected, and usually only the 'numbered' entries will be included (Halo, DmC, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, etc).

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see both the Gears and Mass Effect trilogies in definitive collections. Nothing beats 1080p 60fps :D

Indeed. Of all the games I miss when I upgraded from 360 to XB1, I think Mass Effect is the one I miss the most. They're working on a new one, but this one won't have Shepard in it, and I've gotten quite attached to him.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. Of all the games I miss when I upgraded from 360 to XB1, I think Mass Effect is the one I miss the most. They're working on a new one, but this one won't have Shepard in it, and I've gotten quite attached to him.

In terms of seventh console generation trilogies; Mass Effect by far was the best (Halo doesn't count as it was a cross generational trilogy, and now anthology what with Halo 4 & 5 etc) I still think they can most definitely create a new cast that'll be just as engaging as Shepard's crew.

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

shepard is female has been since the first game

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Really? I never knew the main character of ME could also be a female if you choose that?

I've never seen the game covered with Shepard being a female. I've always just though it's like Master Chief being a male, a fixed thing.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
In some cases, like Halo: TMCC, I'm glad that a compilation was made. With others, like Devil May Cry, I sit and get bothered by the laziness of teams. Coming up with new IP is hard and expensive, so they just add HD textures, maybe have a few little chunks of DLC (unless you're Turn 10, then you release a GotY game with no Season Pass content included), and pretend that it's what the fans have been dying for. This generation could get turned into an ugly nostalgia-fest, between game streaming with old titles and all of these remakes.

Did Metro really need a remake? I got it because I heard that the games are good, and I play it for about 30 minutes, get bored, and try again a week later. Devil May Cry 4 was good, but not some kind of amazing game I feel needed brought up to the new generation. Halo, on the other hand, is a flagship franchise that's a decade old and had content (Halo 2 online) missing from the last generation (well, when they took the original Xbox LIVE servers down). Gears of War, I'm on the fence with. I never played the fourth game, so if it's part of a remake, I'd be interested, but I don't have much care for it, and if it's not included, I will be disappointed.

New IP, that's what I want. I feel sorry for Black Tusk, since they had their actual project delayed and/or canceled to work on the Gears series. I guess it'll economically benefit them, but it still sucks. I'm much more interested in The Division and Dying Light than the remakes of all of these franchises (other than Halo).

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Really? I never knew the main character of ME could also be a female if you choose that?

I've never seen the game covered with Shepard being a female. I've always just though it's like Master Chief being a male, a fixed thing.

Oh yeah, FemShep was a huge deal.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
TitanFall was a blast, but I got bored of it rather quickly. Destiny, however... it's practically become a second job. ( :

I don't know why I guess I'm still one of the few that never truly got bored with Titanfall. Destiny is amazing though lol

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
From what I read (and I do follow game news like a religion), Gears of War for Xbox one WILL be coming, as for when, no one knows at this point. I would expect to hear more rumor or word in the next few months. Is it going to be a new game, or all the old games in one, no idea. I am hoping for a new game.

and yes, LOVED the first 3, great games, great story and great game play. The Judgment version sucked, cant believe I paid $60 for that one(should of read reviews before buying)... oh, well, not the first or the last game I have been burnt on in my life time.

It was a ho-hum shooter. It ended up not borrowing from CoD as much as everyone alleged it would, but everything it borrowed, it was the bad stuff.

Not sure I would go there, Yea, the campaign sucked on it, just a bunch of multiplayer games with a video in-between but, you had to do it to get the larger titan.

Over all I thought it was great and a lot of fun, some of the perks of a COD game but, come on...titans and titan battles, that was just freaking awesome.

Even the new COD copied the rocket jumps in Titanfall... I don't play it as much any more but, no question it was a great multiplayer game.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Gears is coming. Had some amazing games on number 2. Games where the team just gelled beautifully. Sadly, I tended to be the weak link, but I enjoyed it.

I bought Titanfall at ?10, I will get my use out of it. Got to be honest, I like it, but don't love it.

The new Hardline looks OK, but is so similar to Battlefield in terms of the look, which may be good and/or bad.

My current favourite is Plants V Zombies. So easy to pick up and play.

Going out on a tangent here, but I would love to see a Bugsy Mallone take on the FPS, with custard guns etc. I really enjoy the fact that with PVZ the whole family can play it. I don't let my kids play anything too photorealistic, or with too many profanities.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Being new to the One, my friends are pushing me to pickup Titanfall. I will be doing so next week with the Deluxe Edition since the price seems good with everything included. I hope not to be quickly bored with it as some as eluded.

As for Gears of War, I will love to see that on the One. I've owned every one thus far and love them. I have been searching the forums for any leaks, but none can be found yet.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I made the jump from the original Xbox to the Xbox One Christmas of 13'. Never owned a 360 ship I can't compare it. After a year with the new Xbox One, the machine is awesome, my family gave me COD Ghosts with the game, that was awesome, the story was really fun and the FPS was fun for a time, I found the maps to be predictable and started to get routine.
I bought Titanfall on the deals with gold a few months back, and absolutely love the game. The inclusion of the AI and the Pilots lets a player at any skill level have a good time blasting things, and throw in the Titans just awesome. I do wish there was a story mode that accompanied it.
Just got Assassins Creed for Christmas and I'm having a hard time getting used to the controls for the game and the general game play, it's my first exposure to the franchise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss