With the updates to the Xbox One, the voice commands are working very nicely lately.

The one area I struggle with it though, is the volume. Everytime I say "Xbox" to get its attention, then "Volume Up" or "Volume Down", it moves one click in that direction. I then have to say "Xbox" again, and the volume command again. Over and over. This gets tedious. Is there a way to keep saying "up" or "volume up" over and over, without having to say "Xbox" each and everytime? Makes it far to hard to control the volume with it.
    01-14-2015 02:17 PM
    With the updates to the Xbox One, the voice commands are working very nicely lately.

The one area I struggle with it though, is the volume. Everytime I say "Xbox" to get its attention, then "Volume Up" or "Volume Down", it moves one click in that direction. I then have to say "Xbox" again, and the volume command again. Over and over. This gets tedious. Is there a way to keep saying "up" or "volume up" over and over, without having to say "Xbox" each and everytime? Makes it far to hard to control the volume with it.
    Not sure if you've tried, but you can say "xbox volume up" in one sentence which will work. The other thing is to change the number of steps. So mine goes up by 4 points everytime i say "xbox volume up"
    Nope, there's no such way. What you can do though is increase the steps in which each command increases or decreases the volume.
    01-14-2015 02:55 PM

Not sure if you've tried, but you can say "xbox volume up" in one sentence which will work. The other thing is to change the number of steps. So mine goes up by 4 points everytime i say "xbox volume up"
    01-14-2015 04:04 PM
    I will have to find this setting and change it. I have the same desire.
    01-15-2015 11:00 AM
    Its not hard to find:

Settings/Display and sound and look for the Volume column and it's the fourth one down
    01-15-2015 11:18 AM
    Yeah, I think the default step is 3. I changed mine to 10 but you'll want to find your sweet spot so you get want you want that is comfortable.
    peachy001 likes this.
    01-15-2015 10:28 PM
    Yeah, I think the default step is 3. I changed mine to 10 but you'll want to find your sweet spot so you get want you want that is comfortable.
    10? Glad you don't live next door to me!
    jasqid and Qtweeder like this.
    01-16-2015 12:41 PM
    10? Glad you don't live next door to me!

LoL. Well, that's only because of my bluray surround. It goes from 1-99. And stepping it up 3-5 you barely notice the difference.
    01-16-2015 04:10 PM
    I don't bother with the voice command for volume control and just use smartglass or one of our remotes to adjust it.
    I did adjust the steps a while ago and others in the house use it, just not my personal preference :D.
    01-16-2015 04:23 PM
    I just grab the tv remote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-15-2015 07:35 AM