2015 Games Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
We had this going a bit for the end of last year, thought I'd make another thread for the Xbox One games we pick up in 2015.

I got my first 2015 release in the mail today (issues with in-store ordering at Best Buy): Dying Light. I'm updating it right now, then it's off to what might FINALLY be a good zombie game. If you want to add me for multiplayer/co-op, my gamertag's in my sig.

Anyone else picked up Dying Light, or any other games (even older ones) yet this year? I picked up Killer Instinct at Target a few weeks back for $10, but I'm admittedly not crazy about it. I've never really been good at fighting games, but I'll probably give it a bit more time to get used to it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There's like almost nothing so far that interests me in 2015. The Division maybe, but it's too early to get hyped over it. Then something like Witcher 3 is like "gotta pick it up for 30€ second hand/on sale at some point", so not a insta-buy.

But the release of Nintendo's New 3DS has finally had me interested for handheld consoles... might be that I'll fill the void of Xbox One 2015 game offerings with that.

But even for Xbox One I'll have plenty of games to play and get, just that they were released in 2014.. :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Man, I don't know how you can fail to find anything to get on the One this year. Here's the list of stuff I'm considering:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Screamride
Battlefield: Hardline (depending heavily on how I feel about the beta; never gotten a BF title before)
The Witcher 3 (but only if I can get the first two games on Steam and play through them)
The Elder Scrolls Online (because they're dropping the sub)
Halo 5: Guardians
Crackdown
The Division
DOOM
Forza Motorsport 6 (if I stop being mad at Turn 10 by the time it comes out)
Kingdom Hearts III (though I'm unconvinced that it's coming out this year)
PGA Tour Golf (depending on how it's received)
Quantum Break
Rainbow Six: Siege
Scalebound

There's a crapload of stuff I'm considering getting this year. Halo and The Division are the only must-buys, but there's SO MUCH that could be out there to play that I don't know how you can manage to find nothing exciting.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Man, I don't know how you can fail to find anything to get on the One this year. Here's the list of stuff I'm considering:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Screamride
Battlefield: Hardline (depending heavily on how I feel about the beta; never gotten a BF title before)
The Witcher 3 (but only if I can get the first two games on Steam and play through them)
The Elder Scrolls Online (because they're dropping the sub)
Halo 5: Guardians
Crackdown
The Division
DOOM
Forza Motorsport 6 (if I stop being mad at Turn 10 by the time it comes out)
Kingdom Hearts III (though I'm unconvinced that it's coming out this year)
PGA Tour Golf (depending on how it's received)
Quantum Break
Rainbow Six: Siege
Scalebound

There's a crapload of stuff I'm considering getting this year. Halo and The Division are the only must-buys, but there's SO MUCH that could be out there to play that I don't know how you can manage to find nothing exciting.

Year 2014 was very good for me, while many complained that it sucked, I guess it's preferences :p

Out of the ones you listed, I'm interested in Witcher, Division, TES: Online and Halo 5. However they are all with certain conditions. Witcher isn't really one of my "primary genres". I will most likely get it at some point, but as said it's likely gonna be something I pick up when I find it cheap just to play it through. Not having played Witcher's before is also kind of a letdown for me like you kinda mentioned too. Division looks really interesting, but as said I refuse to be hyped or even really wait for it until we get something alot more substantial about the game. I tried TES: Online in PC beta, my first thoughts were that it seemed to be designed more with consoles in mind. With the sub dropping I'm also pretty interested in that, but only really if at least one of my friends also gets it, preferably 2. Halo 5 is also a "pick it up second hand/cheap to go through campaign"-kinda deal. I'm currently going through Halo MCC mostly to "sophisticate myself", I play a lot of shooters but the mechanics of Halo kinda make me go meh, but the franchise is too legendary to pass up, especially with such a great deal as Halo MCC existing.

I tried Hardline's PC beta. It was... not too bad, but it kinda felt like reskinned BF4, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. BF4's flawed launch put aside, it's a pretty solid game when it works. Hardline makes the emphasis more fresh and interesting (not soldiers and war like every game in the genre, but the cops and robbers and the new weaponry due to that theme) setting. However overall the beta just didn't really leave me longing for more personally. Will probably give it a whirl on Xbox One too, it's a long time since PC beta anyways.

So I'm definitely buying several titles (even if not all 2015 titles) for the One also this year. It's just that not one of those games make me go "I have to have this", the feeling I had several times during 2014.

EDIT: I am kinda looking forwards two new F2P titles on Xbox One though. APB Reloaded and SMITE. APB should be out this year, but I don't think SMITE's schedule is known at this time, I'd assume during 2015 though.

Last edited:

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
There are soo many great games lined up in 2015. These are the ones I will definitely buy:
Quantum Break
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Halo 5
FM6
Scalebound
Homefront: Revolution
BF Hardline
Fifa16
Ori
Dying Light
Division

Not yet decided about these:
Witcher 3
Fable Legends
State of Decay

I am 100% sure that Phil will anounce something new at GDC and E3. Would that be Gears of War trilogy, Mass Effect, Fallout, Banjoo Kazooie? I don't know, but I am fully excited about 2015. Xbox + Win10 + DX12 = :)

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a huge gamer so there are only 2 titles this year I have my eyes on. One hasn't even been announced...

1. Halo 5 : Guardians

Obvious choice, yes. But the Master Cheif Collection - multiplayer bugs aside - is a phenomenal game. Playing through all 4 campaigns, as well as the playlists, is immense fun. Especially with friends online. Halo 2 Anniversary is the crown jewell in the collection and the terminal videos give hints to where the story may be going with Halo 5, with both the Arbiter and Spartan Locke featuring prominently.

I'm excited to see what will happen with the story of Halo 5. Cheif is obviously out to re-encarnate Cortana, and Locke and the Arbiter want to find Cheif. Will there be more Forerunners and Prometheans? I think so. What about the Brutes and the Grunts after the Human-Covenant war? I can see a few more alliances and wars taking place.

I won't be pre-ordering the game - that is what encourages studios to release an unfinished products (like the MCC). But no doubt I will get it on release if they put the work into it.

2. Gear of War (Remastered Collection)

Ok, this hasn't been announced and is pure speculation. Plus, even if it did come out it wouldn't even be a "new game" ! However, I feel the Xbox One needs this collection in its arsenal. Gear of War was such a hit back on it's original release. So much so that it knocked the venerable Halo 2 off the top-spot of most-played game on Xbox Live after 2 years of reigning. With news that a brand new Gears game is in the works, but not expected to land until late 2016, a re-mastered collection of the old games (1-3 would be perfect, they can skip the disappointing "Judgement") would be a well-placed stop gap.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm really excited about the following...

Rise of the Tomb Raider - I loved the first game in 2013. It was my personal game of the year. So good, can't wait to see where they take Lara now...

Halo 5: Guardians - I'm currently going through TMCC and I need more Halo Campaign. Almost done with Halo 4 and I'll move on to Spartan Ops afterwards.

Ori and the Blind Forest - This game looks great. Can't wait to play it.

Quantum Break - The game looks interesting, but since the XBOX Entertainment Studios closed its doors I'm wondering how good the 'outside the game' stuff will be now... But, this is the same team that brought us Max Payne - I'm ready to have fun.

I'm fully expecting Phil Spencer to announce a new Battletoads game either at GDC or E3 and I think it'll come out this holiday.... Him wearing that Battletoads shirt at the Win10 Event was not a coincidence in my mind :).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, my interest in a Gears trilogy probably hinges on the inclusion of Judgment. I played the first three games and beat the campaigns. I only really cared to play the multiplayer in the first game, then barely touched it in the second and never played it in the third. So, while Halo screwed up by excluding Reach (which might be my favorite campaign of the lot) and ODST (which I never got to play, but they're bringing out in the spring), my love for the franchise and the awesome multiplayer had me jumping for TMCC. If they omit Judgment, the only game I haven't played in the series, I'll probably just skip over a Gears collection.

Meanwhile, Dying Light is awesome. It has something of a similar fun factor and feel to Shadow of Mordor and Sunset Overdrive, thanks to the nearly seamless open world (I think I've only encountered two main story hubs with loading screens, and you don't need to visit them often).

By the way, do we really not have any kind of thread in here for sharing of gamertags or requesting general multiplayer partners?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos