Microsoft just robbed me(?)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got an email saying Microsoft just charged me $83.xx for Battlefield Hardline. Do they normally charge the Friday before a release for a pre order, meaning I ordered it months ago and smoked crack and forgot (which is a possibility)...or did MS just rob me bro?!

P.s. Not trolling, serious. I think I'm going senile!

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is bizarre man. I did download the beta months ago and I don't THINK I placed a preorder but even so, who just charges you out of the blue months later for something that still isn't out? With all the identity theft going on people are more worried than ever about fradulent charges to their credit card.

Ahhhh I think I'm losing it! Did they really charge me for a pre order months later for a game that isn't out? Has this happened to anyone else today? PayPal says Microsoft Inc. and I don't think Paypal would let someone use that name but crack is sooo good and I honestly can't remember of I preordered. If any of you get charged today please respond.

I better be getting BF Tuesday or Im gonna UFC Phil Spencer's forehead!

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Ahhhh I think I'm losing it! Did they really charge me for a pre order months later for a game that isn't out? Has this happened to anyone else today? PayPal says Microsoft Inc. and I don't think Paypal would let someone use that name but crack is sooo good and I honestly can't remember of I preordered. If any of you get charged today please respond.
!

Cocaine is a hell of a drug kids

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
who just charges you out of the blue months later for something that still isn't out?

I better be getting BF Tuesday or Im gonna UFC Phil Spencer's forehead!

uh, do you expect them to charge you AFTER you receive it? every preorder i have ever done anywhere always charges when they are prepping to ship. you won't get a reminder until the shipping notification. it's not their job to remind you.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What the heck is this thread? It's customary for a company to charge for a product at shipping time. The pre-order would be on your Microsoft account, so you could easily see when you made the order, and there should be a tracking number for the package, if the label's been made.

I'm curious as to why the charge is $83. That's either an insane tax rate or a weirdly priced special edition and an atypical tax rate.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What the heck is this thread? It's customary for a company to charge for a product at shipping time. The pre-order would be on your Microsoft account, so you could easily see when you made the order, and there should be a tracking number for the package, if the label's been made.

I'm curious as to why the charge is $83. That's either an insane tax rate or a weirdly priced special edition and an atypical tax rate.

They charged me $59.99 for the game plus a $16.99 "first day" fee. I'm assuming this means you get something extra for the pre-ordered first day edition? As far as charging at shipping time, they didn't issue a tracking number and it doesn't come out until Tuesday so I don't think they shipped anything. I'd think "customary" would be charging my credit card and issuing me tracking number but I don't pre-order much.

I already checked my MS account and saw the preorder I was only half serious. It just threw me off to see my card get charged for something I'd forgotten I even ordered. Plus I'd just spent 9 hours trying to find a bug in some code that turned out to be 2 lines so I was already feeling a little loopy.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not out of the ordinary. I don't order from Microsoft, but when I've ordered from Best Buy, I get charged pretty quickly, then it ships whenever (depends on the time of day I order it). The game releases Tuesday, so it would make sense for it to ship yesterday or today, as they typically get the game to you on release day. Now, my sister's pre-ordered Microsoft Band has already been charged, despite not allegedly available until the 17th (not sure if it's an actual charge or a hold).

The $17 "first day" thing sounds weird. It's not an ordering of overnight shipping, is it? I'd check that, and if it is, maybe cancel the order and just buy the game in-town or re-order it for less and wait a little longer, if necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs