On the Xbox app on Windows 10, I have no option to connect to an Xbox One. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On the xbox app on windows 10, i have no option to connect to an xbox one

When I launch the xbox app on windows 10, there is no option to connect to an Xbox one. I have allowed smartglass and streaming on the console and rebooted the console and my pc but still nothing. Is there any chance someone knows a fix to this? thanks!

SonixRage

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
You're on an old version of the Xbox App, The current version of the Xbox app is 7.7.29027.00000.

To locate what version of the Xbox app you currently have installed, open the Xbox app and select Settings. On the general tab, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the About section to see your current version number.

To manually update .. Open the store then click on your profile and choose downloads then hit the check for updates button.

Hope this Helps..

Sonix

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: On the xbox app on windows 10, i have no option to connect to an xbox one

I had that issue too... What seemed to fix it was using an XBox One controller connected to my PC... For some reason it didn't seem to be available with a 360 wired controller connected. I thought it was supposed to accept any controller.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: On the xbox app on windows 10, i have no option to connect to an xbox one

I had that issue too... What seemed to fix it was using an XBox One controller connected to my PC... For some reason it didn't seem to be available with a 360 wired controller connected. I thought it was supposed to accept any controller.

I am able to use my 360 wired controller while streaming. It worked every time until yesterday when it had some trouble i guess recognizing the input, but came back randomly after a couple reboots. It does work though.

Using the xbox one controller on my PC requires me to sync up to my xbox one if i play it without stream which is annoying. So i try to use the 360 controller on my pc and xbone controller on my xbone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss