Can someone recommend a First Persons Shooter (that's available now)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I like playing in campaign mode maybe even more than multiplayer so I'd prefer something with a decent campaign. Seems like every game I see listed at the Microsoft store is coming soon lol. I'd like to buy something to play this weekend. Here's what I already have:

COD: Advanced Warfare
Battlefield: Hardline
Far Cry 4
Sniper Elite
Borderlands 2
COD: Ghosts
Destiny
Titanfall
Wolfenstein

Is there anything else out there worth trying out that's actually available now? Some of the upcoming games look amazing but ehh I'd like to play something now. How about Metro Redux? Looks like it has pretty good ratings and I can get it for under $20.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not overly familiar with the libraries on both consoles, but are we talking 360 or One?

I would definitely recommend the Halo: Master Chief Collection. (if its the One) but its pretty famous so you probably already thought about it.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Halo: TMCC is the right answer here. You can probably buy someone's digital code (since they're given away with many console bundles) for $20-30 online, and you get 4 good campaigns to play, with functional-enough multiplayer. Metro: Redux is a tough one to suggest, I couldn't get into it myself. It starts REALLY slowly, and I couldn't get past that. However, people have spoken quite highly of the games over the years, so they might be worth trying. Of course, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is there to follow BL2, if it interests you.

Just an out-of-the-box suggestion I have is Dying Light. It's not REALLY a first-person shooter, since it prides itself more on melee combat. It's played from a first-person perspective and has the option to use guns in it, though. It's got a very long, entertaining campaign you can play, and it's easily my favorite new IP in the last several years.

IcyStorm

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The two Metro games are pretty good, though it's not for everyone. Take a look at the aesthetic and such, and if you're buying into the post-apocalyptic atmosphere and all, it may not be the best game for you.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The two Metro games are pretty good, though it's not for everyone. Take a look at the aesthetic and such, and if you're buying into the post-apocalyptic atmosphere and all, it may not be the best game for you.

"pretty good"???

Those games are fantastic! Not sure if OP is looking for a singleplayer or multiplayer game though.

wxrusss8

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
The Metro Redux bundle is awesome! 2 great games for $40 is a really good deal. If you own a 360, both are free until Tuesday with Games for Gold, if you want to try them out first. The Xbox 1 version is the same, just better gfx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos