Forza Motorsport 6

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So, weirdly enough, their aren't a thread about Forza Motorsport 6!

What do you guys think about Forza 6 so far (the demo)?

It's my first Forza Motorsport game (besides Horizon 2) and my first Xbox console, and by the look of the demo I am really enjoying it so far. IMO it's even more fun to race in the rain than on dry surface. The puddles really makes the difference! I've been playing other racing games...but none of them looks and feels as amazing as Forza 6. Always a bit scary when pre-ordering games, but this one I am confident about!

Last edited:

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait to get this game. Do you or anyone use a wheel on the XB1? Any recommendations would be much appreciated. They are pricey so I don't want to get the wrong one.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, weird enough, their aren't a thread about Forza Motorsport 6!

So, weirdly enough, this grammar.

I played a few races. The Indy Car event is pretty freaking sweet. The rain one's decent. The track choices for the first group of races (IDK how many are in the demo) weren't impressive, and really only the Indy Car driving was fun. It's solid, same as always, and the added Indy and rain racing are welcome. I just care about the fact we're not getting half of a game's content this time, so that's the key.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So, weirdly enough, this grammar.

I played a few races. The Indy Car event is pretty freaking sweet. The rain one's decent. The track choices for the first group of races (IDK how many are in the demo) weren't impressive, and really only the Indy Car driving was fun. It's solid, same as always, and the added Indy and rain racing are welcome. I just care about the fact we're not getting half of a game's content this time, so that's the key.

English is not my first language, so the grammar might be a bit off :p I'm trying my best!

The Indy Car was fun, mostly because of the speed and the sound in my home theater...but I can see it become a little bit boring with time. There are 4 tracks in the demo, right? And the Indy Car track in the career demo.

What I'm really looking forward to is driving online against 23 others! And split screen against a friend :)

Can't wait to get this game. Do you or anyone use a wheel on the XB1? Any recommendations would be much appreciated. They are pricey so I don't want to get the wrong one.

I haven't tried it with a wheel yet. I am thinking about saving some money to buy the Playseat Challenge and the Logitech G920. Or just getting the Elite controller...not sure yet. It depends on how much I'm finding myself playing the full game after a while.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Any good deals on this game yet ? I have been looking an normally pre-orders have some good deals right before some big releases....

I was going to buy this day one but, I might hold back till I can save a few $$ on it...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy + GCU: $30 for 2 year, and you get 20% off all new game purchases (up to 3 copies/year).

So, you get $12 off all $60 games. Plus, Best Buy accounts can get $10 in rewards for some games' pre-orders, and Forza 6 is one of those games. $48 launch games and $10 off for your next purchase (you can stack those, by the way) is basically the best you'll see, unless you get a free game with a Black Friday bundle or something. It's an effective price of $38, which you'd be lucky to find new within the next 6 months.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the Demo is pretty cool. Not too sure I like the new Ford GT that much though. I love the new wet weather and how puddles can really throw you off track. I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into the full game, but I didn't spend out for the ultimate edition.

I'm slightly annoyed that I'm having my house decorated, starting on the 21st, so I'll be left behind most people.

Anyone up for a Windows Central clan/club?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I see on Twitter that the early access for Ultimate Edition has gone live. I just have to wait until next week now.

I changed my gamertag in readiness though.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy + GCU: $30 for 2 year, and you get 20% off all new game purchases (up to 3 copies/year).

So, you get $12 off all $60 games. Plus, Best Buy accounts can get $10 in rewards for some games' pre-orders, and Forza 6 is one of those games. $48 launch games and $10 off for your next purchase (you can stack those, by the way) is basically the best you'll see, unless you get a free game with a Black Friday bundle or something. It's an effective price of $38, which you'd be lucky to find new within the next 6 months.

Guess it seems like a good deal in the long term but, out of pocket today to join and get Forza 6, not so good of a deal.

Microsoft store had $10 xbox credit on it free, figuring I always use them, I guess it would be a deal. That is $10 off my next digital game, if you want to look at it that way.

Looking forward to get this one...

Maybe I will join best buy's program, over all, if there is a bunch of new releases coming that I know I will buy, it seems like a fair deal (or I can wait 3 months from release and buy it on ebay for $20-35)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Guess it seems like a good deal in the long term but, out of pocket today to join and get Forza 6, not so good of a deal.

Microsoft store had $10 xbox credit on it free, figuring I always use them, I guess it would be a deal. That is $10 off my next digital game, if you want to look at it that way.

Looking forward to get this one...

Maybe I will join best buy's program, over all, if there is a bunch of new releases coming that I know I will buy, it seems like a fair deal (or I can wait 3 months from release and buy it on ebay for $20-35)

See, I disagree with the Microsoft Store's deal. You're locked into buying a digital game, meaning you don't get the pre-order bonus next time. With Best Buy, you'll get that $10 in rewards as well, and it can go towards your next game, or anything else Best Buy does. Plus, you'll get the $12 off of the game, and you'll have a physical copy to trade in when you're done (depending on your preference for keeping them).

For me, the end of 2015 will involve these purchases:

Forza 6
Rare Replay
Halo 5
Yoshi's Woolly World
Fallout 4

That'll be $36 off of the 3 $60 games (I'll probably be getting the Halo 5 console, which won't get me a discount), and $4 off of Rare Replay (since it's $20 at Best Buy right now). I'm going to save $40 on games there, and I'll get at least $20 in rewards (maybe $30, if the Halo 5 console is eligible). If I end up throwing Siege or Battlefront in, that'll be another $12 saved and another $10 in rewards.

That's all gravy on top of the stuff I bought already:

Watch_Dogs
Mario Kart 8
Madden 15
Shadow of Mordor
The Evil Within
Sunset Overdrive

CoD: AW
Halo: TMCC
Super Smash Bros.
Dying Light

6 of those got me the $10 rewards certificates, and all were $12 off, totaling $120 I saved and $60 back in rewards. You basically have to buy 2 games in 2 years to make it worth it. I had to play catch-up with the Xbox One, since I got it in April 2014, and I got a Wii U about 5 weeks later, so I had a lot of games to buy.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I got the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel for Father's Day. It's only $99 bucks, but I would buy something in the $300 plus range if you can afford it. 900 degrees/540 degrees is way better than 250. I have to turn down the sensitivity to bottom so I don't go off the track in Forza games.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I started playing the game just after midnight last night. Looks and plays great. Was certainly fun driving the old Brabham around the 'ring in the pouring rain.

But achievements are not popping for me, which dampens my enthusiasm somewhat. From looking at the official forum, this is also happening for other people as well.

I don't see any car clubs, so I guess any notion of one for Windows Central is out.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
See, I disagree with the Microsoft Store's deal. You're locked into buying a digital game, meaning you don't get the pre-order bonus next time. .

We'll I guess it's all how you see it. SO OUT OF POCKET, it would cost me more right now. I am changing jobs, so in the interim, there might be 2-3 weeks with out a paycheck. I don't want to output more than I have to right now, sure I can afford to do that and much more but, I don't want to spend anything till then but, I have to have this game.

Best Buy seems like a good deal and I will investigate it at a later time. Wise man never pays full price for anything, it's something I try to live by.

I see your point on locking on digital games, your right and I agree with you 500%, Every once and while I build up Microsoft points and grab a digital game. I don't sell games, I keep and collect them. The only reason I would sell game is if I got a duplicate or something.

When it's a game I really wanted and something I will play over and over (Like COD or GTA 5), I don't mind it digital, as I will go back to it months later and it's easier. With a hit and run game (great story but, one play through and odds are high wont play again), no, I would not grab digital unless the price is too cheap to pass up...

On Forza 6, if I had extra points built up, I would of preferred to grab this in digital, as I will be playing this one for months on and off.

Besides Free Xbox live games, 90% of my games are physical...so, I hear ya..

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Got it on friday (release in norway) and it's amazing. Been playing A LOT over the weekend.

The best racing game I have ever played by far.

But yeah, is it possible for us here on WCentral to play togheter in a private hub or something?
I don't see any car clubs, so I guess any notion of one for Windows Central is out.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But yeah, is it possible for us here on WCentral to play togheter in a private hub or something?

I expect so, but I'm not playing at any set times unfortunately. If you want to see just how badly my Drivatar drives, you can add me. See my other thread for details.

If you want some real fun, try driving the Brabham around the 'ring in the rain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon