XBox One Gaming-Do I need the disc in the XBox to play a game even it it installed on my console?

Mohieddine Shebaro

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Xbox one Gaming

i have two questions because im new to xbox one:
1- Whats the difference between digital and physical games and give examples please.
2- according to the game "COD Ghosts",after installing it on xbox one via disk , does it need a disk in order to play it though i installed it into my xbox one.?????????

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Digital Game is one that you can download from the store directly. Physical Copy is when you have a disk.

Yes for physical copy games you will always need a disk to play the game.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If you ever receive a digital copy (download from the XBOX Store, get it with games for gold, etc...) of the game that you previously installed with a physical disc - then you won't need the disc anymore.

Otherwise, yes - if you install a game through a physical disc, you'll always need a disc of the game to run it.

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes. However, if you get the digital version from the store then no. For example, I own Tomb Raider definitive edition on disc, but Microsoft are offering it for free on the GOLD. I thought heck and installed that version. Now, I no longer need the disc as long as I am a GOLD member.

mohawk apple

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Bought my son the xbox one couple days ago, And just today i entered the 14 day trial gold thing lol. Whats the diffrence between this gold thing and a regular account? What can he do for the 14 days that its good for? thanks for any help!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Bought my son the xbox one couple days ago, And just today i entered the 14 day trial gold thing lol. Whats the diffrence between this gold thing and a regular account? What can he do for the 14 days that its good for? thanks for any help!

Play games online, download Games with Gold

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss