for those that opted into new Xbox preview

slick271974

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have not opted in yet. I really want to but have a few questions.

Do you lose all installations?
Will moving games to a external hard drive solve this?
Do you lose all saved progress in games?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have not opted in yet. I really want to but have a few questions.

Do you lose all installations?
Will moving games to a external hard drive solve this?
Do you lose all saved progress in games?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

I opted in, I said what the heck.... Game saves are in the cloud on the xbox one (as long as your gold), if you have some local, as I understand they can be moved to the cloud anyway. So, losing your place in a game should be a non-issue.

They said if you want to EXIT the program, you will need to reset your system back to factory. If you live with it, you should be fine and upgrade it to final later. Putting games on a External drive, SHOULD work to save from re-installing.

I was in the program for years now, when it was first available on the Xbox 360 (along with some betas) but, I have not gotten THIS download YET...

My only issue with what they are having is with Forza 6 but, the game still plays so I should be ok.

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
And just to clarify, if you have the beta version of the OS, you will still be able to upgrade to the final version even if you are a preview member.

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't erase your saves unless you opt out after getting the update, which takes you back to the last general public release.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, I can move all my games and apps to an external hard drive, install the new preview build, hard reset so the preview works better, plug in hard drive again and all my games will be ready to play?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte