Switching internal hard drive of Xbox one?

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone changed out the internal hard drive for a 1tb ssd? If so, how did you fare? Was it hard? What ssd did you go for? How did you clone the old drive? I dunno just thinking what id want to do if I got a Xbox one. I know there's a hybrid drive now but its not the same. Thats why I left hybrid drives out of my PC :). Any other thoughts on it?

Thanks all!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
A SSD won't do you much good. The PS4 has been tested as not making good use of a SSD. Some say it's SATA saturation, others say the CPU is too clogged to handle reading data as quickly as the drive can push it. A 7200 RPM HDD or a SSHD (like the Xbox One Elite has) would be a better investment, if you were to try it. However, I've not read of someone who has tried it. What you might do is look up iFixit's teardown of the console, as they'll give you a list of the tools needed to open the console.

The other thing is you might just get a USB 3.0 external drive. It makes your games portable, and the USB 3.0 HDD (7200 RPM) is faster than the 5400 RPM internal drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720