11-17-2015 11:23 AM
129 ... 23456
tools
    voice controls are still in, gesture controls seem to be out
    I'm very displeased with this decision. I use hand gestures quite frequently.
    10-29-2015 02:03 PM
    Do other Xbox One accessories work? Specifically the Media Remote (controlling other devices like volume on TV/Amplifier), facial sign-in and voice commands for Kinect.
    The official Xbox One remote works, I'm using mine with the new dashboard.
    10-30-2015 05:57 AM
    Ditto for the IR commands...no change from prior. My Harmony remote is still working the same as before the update.
    10-30-2015 09:47 AM
    My disc drive no longer works with the NXOE. It worked fine before. I've tried all the fixes I could find online for people who originally had problems, like changing the power settings, but nothing has worked. It's not grinding or making noise. It just does not read discs. It says I need to insert an Xbox One disc or Blu-ray, but, of course, I am. I have tried three discs that worked fine before, and none of them work now.
    Any suggestions?
    10-30-2015 10:57 AM
    Ditto for the IR commands...no change from prior. My Harmony remote is still working the same as before the update.
    so the OneGuide button still works for you? didnt seem to work for the other guy a few posts back.
    Qtweeder likes this.
    10-30-2015 11:48 AM
    Will OTA USB tuning support surround sound in the future? Currently, it down mixes it to stereo. When I use the same Hauppauge tuner on my PC with their software, it records and plays back in 5.1 surround sound. Time Warner Cable app does this also.
    Last edited by JenkTJ27; 10-31-2015 at 07:07 AM.
    10-30-2015 04:51 PM
    Can someone invite me to the preview for Xbox one? That would be sweet :) my gt is: "I Win Often" minus the quotes. It isn't true I dint win often haha 😋.
    10-30-2015 04:51 PM
    Starting with the current, as of today, update to NXOE, YouTube crashes on launch and takes the whole One with it, to a hard-off (power supply light is orange). Any hints, suggestions, solutions?

Never mind.

From Xbox Preview Forum

"Hey everyone,

We're currently investigating an issue reported by multiple Preview users where launching YouTube results in a console shutdown. Your feedback on this issue is much appreciated. Please feel free to post any related information in this thread (don't worry, we're monitoring the other threads too) , and as always feedback from the console is most welcome.

Thanks!

[UPDATE 10/29/2015 9:30 AM PST]

With the help of your feedback (and we have a lot of it :) ), the developers have identified the issue and are working on a fix which we'll deploy to Preview as soon as possible. Again, thanks for the detailed feedback!"
    Last edited by Kar98; 10-30-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    10-30-2015 06:01 PM
    so the OneGuide button still works for you? didnt seem to work for the other guy a few posts back.
    IIRC the OneGuide button works, device controls don't. Also I want to know if the device controls work now (volume/mute buttons).
    10-30-2015 08:21 PM
    And how long does that list get and can we deactivate it at all?
    4 items, and you can't turn it off at the moment
    DJCBS likes this.
    10-31-2015 08:36 AM
    Have they brought background updating for games as part of the refresh? Hate it when I launch a game and there is an update for an element that I don't even want to use.
    That's always been in, you need to have it enabled in the power options
    10-31-2015 08:38 AM
    IIRC the OneGuide button works, device controls don't. Also I want to know if the device controls work now (volume/mute buttons).
    Both are working for me
    10-31-2015 01:37 PM
    Amazing but I cant see who is in the party before join
    11-01-2015 10:06 AM
    Kinect doesn't see my hands on main menu with nxoe ??
    11-01-2015 10:09 AM
    Here is my question. Does the NXOE finally allow BDR support?
    11-01-2015 10:11 AM
    Backwards compatibility allows us to use the disc games or does have to be downloaded from the disc to the XB1?
    11-01-2015 10:40 AM
    Does the main menu still work with gestures? If not, are they going to work that back in again? I HATE losing features I paid for to get an "upgrade". A shame to get so little use out of Kinect considering it capabilities.

Oh, I didn't see the other posts where this was asked and answered.
    Last edited by mtiede; 11-01-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    jlzimmerman likes this.
    11-01-2015 11:01 AM
    Do you still have to yell voice commands as if the Xbox were in the next room? I remember when they showed demos of voice commands and they weren't having to yell as much as for the actual product. Or was there some setting I needed to change?
    11-01-2015 11:19 AM
    Backwards compatibility allows us to use the disc games or does have to be downloaded from the disc to the XB1?
    It works with both disc and digital copies as Phil Spencer stated :)
    11-01-2015 11:19 AM
    1) Do you think we'll finally get OneGuide program notifications?

2) How easy/difficult has it become to navigate between tv and Skype? (asking this one for my grandmother)
    11-01-2015 11:22 AM
    Honestly, I never used the gesture controls. I find voice controls and controller navigation is faster. I know that doesn't matter for those using gestures, but as a small minority of users it is very low priority (if at all) for the Xbox team. I wouldn't expect it soon. You can always start a UserVoice item if one already does not exist.
    Voice is good for some situations and gesture control is better for others. Try navigating the Xbox store and the new dashboard using voice control only: "Xbox next page" "Xbox next page" "Xbox previous page" "Xbox scroll down" "Xbox scroll up" as opposed to just grabbing the screen with you hand and moving it up down left and right. Which one is easier? Voice control is great if you want to tell the system to jump to YouTube at the end of a Halo game or tell it to watch CBS when you're done using Netflix. But for browsing content and scrolling through long lists voice is a terrible control mechanism compared to gesture control. In addition there are tons of countries that still don't support Kinect voice and won't be getting Cortana support for many years to come. For them gesture was the only control they had available via Kinect. And then of course there are the times where voice is not even an option like when you don't want to wake someone who's sleeping or if there are other people in your house making noise or talking and voice control simply doesn't work. Kinect voice control cannot handle cross talk at all and simply doesn't register any input in those scenarios.

This is like someone arguing that PCs shouldn't support the stylus anymore because mouse and keyboard is better and they never personally use a stylus. Tell that to an artist who draws on their PC or a student who has to jot down complex formulas and math equations on their PC. Every input method has it's strengths and weaknesses. Microsoft shouldn't be taking away features or ceasing to support the input methods that we have already. They should be improving input methods, not eliminating them.

On the subject of uservoice they're going to force us to request back a feature that never should have even been considered for deletion? That's disgusting. It's a no-brainer that consumers are going to want back a feature which they have supported for years and was one of the main selling points of the console at launch. Go back and watch the Xbox One unveiling which was broadcast on national TV and tell me how it is okay for them to eliminate gesture control only 2 years after launch. It's wrong for them to even consider burning their consumers like this.
    Last edited by cool8man; 11-01-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    jlzimmerman likes this.
    11-01-2015 11:55 AM
    I did jump on Destiny just to test it, seemed fine, but I don't have The Taken King. I haven't encountered any real bugs with the latest build.
    The major issue is with the Taken King update (Destiny). That's not working. Any known timeline for a fix?
    11-01-2015 11:57 AM
    I did jump on Destiny just to test it, seemed fine, but I don't have The Taken King. I haven't encountered any real bugs with the latest build.
    The major issue is with the Taken King update (Destiny). That's not working. Any known timeline for a fix?
    11-01-2015 12:12 PM
    I found last night playing a DVD that at a certain point on the dvd the Xbox turns off the tv and the av receiver.
    I am guessing the layer change on the disc and a split second there is less power sent to the devices, strange though that the Xbox doesn't turn off.
    11-01-2015 01:44 PM
    Hello everyone from Italy :) i love achievements but....the monthly friend chart is missing in NXOE? :(( I hope not ;(
    11-01-2015 02:14 PM
129 ... 23456