Ask the Windows Central team your New Xbox One Experience questions!

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My only real question is it way faster then the current crappy standard dash on the Xbone? The xbone is sooooo slow to open up and stat and party or invite firends to games, slow to switch between apps/games, slow to load games. The Xbox 360 is faster which is absolutely dumb. Or is this just a design change which is necessary and messes up destiny for no reason? The fact that destiny messes up with it just makes me not want to play it because that comes across to me the consumer as "this doesn't work properly and you should still not use it". Sorry just frustrated here.

cool8man

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I like to use Kinect gestures to control the dashboard and my apps on the console, the new update doesn't support gestures or Cortana (Cortana next year). My question is can I refuse to install this update since I don't think it adds anything of value and removed features that I like such as gestures and the achievement leader board?

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
How big of an update will this one be; gigabyte wise? And does this include the full version of DirectX12 support for developers?
I think it will be under 2GB. I wouldn't have an idea about DirectX12

Can I upgrade from the preview to the first public version? Or do I have to reset the console?
Thx
you'll be able to update from preview to public release.

Will apps snap to the right still
yes, apps still snap to the right

one eight seven

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you had trouble launching games like Destiny? I know this was listed as a known issue when they initially released the preview so I didn't opt in since that is the main game that I play. I checked recently and it was still listed. How buggy is the build now?

I'm in the preview program and opted in recently. I haven't had a problem with Destiny and I play it daily.

one eight seven

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
My only real question is it way faster then the current crappy standard dash on the Xbone?

It is a ton faster. Double Tapping the home button (or jewel or whatever the Xbox button is called these days) instantly brings up the slide out menu from the left with your friends list as the first thing shown. It is very quick to invite someone to a party from there. Or, if you already have a party, it is very quick to invite multiple people in from essentially the same menu.

Biffe

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Im about to buy one for my kids, but im wondering if it will be possible to stream tv and music from websites? I dont mean from apps, but just a standard website, maby of our local tv channels offer streaming directly so that would be a HUGE plus in my book if its useable as a mediacenter with my needs.

Regards

Kenneth

ThRaShMeTaL247

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I cant remove items from the ready to install section. Before there was an option to hide each item , now there is no such option. My ready to install section is completely cluttered with every game , demo, beta, etc. , that I've ever installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss