Ask the Windows Central team your New Xbox One Experience questions!

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
on the official MS xb1 media remote, there looks to be a dedicated oneguide button...

i say looks to be, as by the first time i used the remote, the NXE had installed, and currently does nothing, did it launch oneguide on the old, normal GUI?

Abhi R1

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
The current OS is slow but my Xbox One did not freeze even once at the most a game would crash and I can return back from the dashboard. Could you please tell me if the New Xbox experience update causes console to freeze ( I mean when you have to hard reset the console)

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Latest update for the new experience is very stable. Was playing Forza 6 for around 5 hours last night and not one single crash. Auto resume is also working again for me. Ie when I turn off my x1 my game resumes how I left it. It wasn't working before which was annoying.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there any chance that we might be able to run xbox360 apps? Ones that aren't available on the XboxOne I mean. I'm only keeping my 360 at the moment for watching Formula 1 on Sky...

Srenia Ia

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Using the keyboard right now, but not for games. The mouse would be nice addition. Mouse & keyboard for universal apps, but games I doubt will ever have keyboard on the One.

Bill Daugherty

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you had trouble launching games like Destiny? I know this was listed as a known issue when they initially released the preview so I didn't opt in since that is the main game that I play. I checked recently and it was still listed. How buggy is the build now?
I'm not with Windows Central but I have not had any trouble launching games or apps with the latest build, I did with the first build they released but not the last one. I have had the Time Warner Cable & the VuDu apps to crash occasionally. I personally like the new build but feel it could still be better. I wish they would go back to the blades or something similar to the PS4 dash.

KevinM1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Did they add ways to eject discs outside of having to hit the button on the Xbox One itself? I miss being able to press Y to eject a disc like I could on the 360.

JDasenbrock

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Got the update last night. First app I tried was Youtube. After launch, it powers down my console, complete to the amber light on the power supply. Tried several times and even tried to uninstall the app and reinstall. Same problem. Anyone else have this issue?

I reported it, so hopefully they can get that fixed. Other than that, much faster and I haven't seen any other issues yet.

Griot28

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
im and insider but didn't go to the new dashboard yet because of noted issues with games i play. Has that been fixed in the preview? Also i was wondering now with win 10 on xbox would it be possible to watch tv through the xbox on the tv while i play a game streaming to a windows 10 pc. this will solve alot of problems if they can multitask this otherwise remote play is useless to me

Turbo Brian

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
on the official MS xb1 media remote, there looks to be a dedicated oneguide button...

i say looks to be, as by the first time i used the remote, the NXE had installed, and currently does nothing, did it launch oneguide on the old, normal GUI?

i hope the remote works. i just bought one yesterday for a new xbox i just stuck in our bedroom. its 99% a media device and the remote makes it friendly and easy to watch tv for my soon-to-be-wife. yes, currently the oneguide button on the offical media remote does pull up the oneguide.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
thanks for that confirmation, must just be the new GUI/update then, as that oneguide button doesn't do a thing, but from what i can tell, the rest of the remote works as expected, i too, use it for media mostly, and it gets me around plex etc, changes my AVR volume and the rest :)

i hope the remote works. i just bought one yesterday for a new xbox i just stuck in our bedroom. its 99% a media device and the remote makes it friendly and easy to watch tv for my soon-to-be-wife. yes, currently the oneguide button on the offical media remote does pull up the oneguide.

jimpict

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
My disc drive no longer works with the NXOE. It worked fine before. I've tried all the fixes I could find online for people who originally had problems, like changing the power settings, but nothing has worked. It's not grinding or making noise. It just does not read discs. It says I need to insert an Xbox One disc or Blu-ray, but, of course, I am. I have tried three discs that worked fine before, and none of them work now.
Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12