Why isn't DLNA media streaming to XBOX ONE working after an update from XBOX Video to Movies & TV?

bonelezz

May 28, 2014
Visit site
DLNA media streaming to XBOX ONE not working after update from XBOX Video to Movies & TV

Hi Guys, not sure if that?s the right place to ask such a question (and please apologize my english, I?m not a native speaker) but I ran into some issue with streaming to my XBOX ONE since they updated the XBOX Video app to MOVIES & TV.

Well my devices (Notebook WIN10, Lumia 920, Surface RT) find my XBOX and they at least seem to be able to establish the connection cause on the XBOX the MOVIES & TV app is coming up and shows the typical black screen with the turning circle and below it shows "connecting".

So far so good, but there it seems like the MOVIES & TV app is getting stuck and the circle keeps turning and turning forever, without a error message to show up.
I?ve tried to cast from all my devices using several apps like "Tubecast" on my phone and Surface, the movies & TV app on my windows 10 Notebook and also the Play To feature of WIN 10.
No matter what source I use, the behaviour is the same.

What I tried to solve this:

- deinstalled Movies & TV from my XBOX
- deleted my account from my XBOX
- Hard reset
- reinstalled the app
- re-added my account

Problem still persists.

I didn?t do a factory reset yet.
Anybody with a similar experience? Anybody knows how to solve this?
Would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks guys!

Chris

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: DLNA media streaming to XBOX ONE not working after update from XBOX Video to Movies & TV

same problem here with my windows 10 device not sure why this isnt working

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why isn't DLNA media streaming to XBOX ONE working after an update from XBOX Video to Movies & T

I believe there is an app called "media player preview" that you need for DNLA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786