I am enjoying the Hauppauge WinTV-955Q USB digital TV tuner on my Xbox One. Wish I had ordered one sooner. It works so much better than the jury-rigged HDMI converter box I was using before. Changing channels is now very fast. I haven't tried the pause or recorder playback yet, though.
    11-04-2015 11:33 AM
    Have you had any problems since the NXOE?
    I purchased the "official xbox" tuner and worked great before the update. Since the update the video and audio stutters. It does it more on ABC (5.1) and FOX (8.1), but I've noticed it on other just about every channel.
    No other TV in the house does this and it was fine before the update.
    I don't think it is the same issue as HDMI passthrough. HDMI passthrough can be fixed by a reboot. This cannot be fixed by a reboot.
    12-29-2015 08:32 AM
    I'm having the same issues and its not the tuner. I plugged in the tuner into my Win10 laptop and its perfect. You can't go my the virtual channels but for me the issues are on channels 23, 43 and 45... I'm so irritated. I've only had my XBO since Christmas so I'm unaware it is worked better with a previous firmware.
    01-14-2016 07:05 AM
    Use a remote for changing channels. Using the controller sucks for that since you have to pull up the guide just to switch channels.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    03-08-2016 01:36 PM
    Use a remote for changing channels. Using the controller sucks for that since you have to pull up the guide just to switch channels.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Might update this later for the correct terms if I get time or remember:
    To Channel Up/Channel Down, use the right analog stick Up and Down.
    To pull up the mini guide (shows 2 channels), use the D-Pad Up or Down and hit A to select channel.
    To pull up the full guide and have current show in bottom corner, press the "Game Menu" (old start) button, a banner flies out and go to Channels(?) then All Channels.

I agree that the remote might be the way to go. It's a bigger pain IMO to turn on and off the controller. It's a huge waste of battery life to let it shut down on its own.
    03-10-2016 03:28 PM