Xbox One Multiuser Game Installs

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello...
I'm getting the kids (and, to a lesser extent, me) an Xbox One and Kinect, for Christmas.
Each of my kids have Microsoft accounts and their own Windows Phones (and some have Windows tablets and computers).
Will each kid log into their own account, on the Xbox?
Will each have to re-buy the same games?
It would seem to make sense that, like a computer, the game would be installed once and each would have their own settings and characters.
JJ

junjunoori

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, your kids can login with their accounts. I bought xbox one recently and I have two accounts in it(Mine and my friend's). And once the game is installed, all the accounts can use the same game and need not to buy for every account.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Every user/gamer can have his own account.

The purchaser of game software designates a console as the "home" console (in the settings). Every account that plays on the home console gets full access to all the titles on that home console. The true owner of the software does not need to be logged in or online.

Now it's advantageous to get an Xbox Live Gold membership for the head of the household or one of the users on that console. It runs between $30-60/year (MSRP is $60/year but it's regularly on sale between $30 and $40). Gold privileges extends to everyone on that home console so basically a family only needs 1 Gold account. If friends come over and play on that home console, they temporarily get Gold privileges (when they go home, they revert to Xbox Live Free).

Gold privileges also travel with the Gold member. So if you are the Gold member and you go to another console, all the gamers will have Gold privileges on that console while you are logged into that console. On the home console, everyone will always have Gold privileges as long as the Gold member designates that console as the home console.

For the games... On the home console, any user (any user account) can play the game. Gamers can also play it offline and the true owner does not need to be logged in. On any other console, the true owner of the game can play the game as well as any other gamers on that console as long as the true owner is logged into that secondary console. Of course, for the owner to be logged in, the console must be online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett