TV stuttering NXOE

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I've been running directv through my Xbox since I got it last year and everything was great. Since the new OS update, periodically there is a noticeable stutter when watching TV.

I can fix it by restarting the xbox, but it invariably comes back again, usually within a day. Any solutions?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been running directv through my Xbox since I got it last year and everything was great. Since the new OS update, periodically there is a noticeable stutter when watching TV.

I can fix it by restarting the xbox, but it invariably comes back again, usually within a day. Any solutions?

Same here and even though there is an XBO on my other TV, I get the stutters in my office from time to time. I didn't chalk it up to my XBO causing it though. I think its an AT&T thing. When AT&T engineers got hold of Cingular back in the day, service went from really reliable to unusable. So bad I left and went to Verizon for a short time. Its much improved now but I'm thinking its AT&T. Even Cox is running snark ads about the buffering issue.

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Same here and even though there is an XBO on my other TV, I get the stutters in my office from time to time. I didn't chalk it up to my XBO causing it though. I think its an AT&T thing. When AT&T engineers got hold of Cingular back in the day, service went from really reliable to unusable. So bad I left and went to Verizon for a short time. Its much improved now but I'm thinking its AT&T. Even Cox is running snark ads about the buffering issue.
I'm as ready to blame AT&T as anyone. However, when I hard reset my Xbox my directv box stays on. Then when the xbox comes back on everything is fine. So I don't see how it could be the provider. It has to be the xbox.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm as ready to blame AT&T as anyone. However, when I hard reset my Xbox my directv box stays on. Then when the xbox comes back on everything is fine. So I don't see how it could be the provider. It has to be the xbox.

You may be onto something. How long is it fine after a reset of your XBOX?

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
You may be onto something. How long is it fine after a reset of your XBOX?
Depends really. But I've noticed that it never happens while I'm watching something, only when I have either just turned on the Xbox or have been doing something else and switched to TV.

I can't remember if I have tried force closing the tv app. Next time it happens I will try that and report back.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Depends really. But I've noticed that it never happens while I'm watching something, only when I have either just turned on the Xbox or have been doing something else and switched to TV.

I can't remember if I have tried force closing the tv app. Next time it happens I will try that and report back.

I'll keep watch on my XBOX as well. Most times, I'm in my office watching TV using the Genie. What I had to do once was reset the main Directv box because the response was so much slower than before. That includes my bedroom. Once I reset it, all was good again. But now that you mentioned the XBOX, I'll keep watch and update the thread. Thanks.

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I'll keep watch on my XBOX as well. Most times, I'm in my office watching TV using the Genie. What I had to do once was reset the main Directv box because the response was so much slower than before. That includes my bedroom. Once I reset it, all was good again. But now that you mentioned the XBOX, I'll keep watch and update the thread. Thanks.
Of course now it hasn't done it for a week haha.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here and I'm sure the frequency was not this random. I'll give it more time and if it does, I'll update the thread.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently rebooted my DirecTV box to relieve the jitters. It seemed to so I'm not yet convinced my XBOX doesn't contribute to the jitter issue. I'll Bing The Net and see what turns up. (My new term) :)

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I recently rebooted my DirecTV box to relieve the jitters. It seemed to so I'm not yet convinced my XBOX doesn't contribute to the jitter issue. I'll Bing The Net and see what turns up. (My new term) :)
Funny, I had to reboot my entire directv system last night because of an unrelated issue. Woke up this morning and there is the stuttering again.

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok so now it's pretty much every time I turn on the Xbox. As I'm typing this I've noticed that it went away after 30 seconds though . . . so weird

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. Just quitting the TV app fixes it for me. Not really a fix, but it's a lot faster then rebooting the xbone.

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
So I found this on another forum will test and get back to you guys:

"know exactly the issue you are referring to, because some providers don't always give us all the info about what resolution the signal is coming in at when we get a new signal we take a moment to figure it out. This can happen on a device that is set to automatically send out the native mode of the signal so each time a user changes a channel and the device doesn't tell us everything we need to know we have to take a moment to figure it out which causes the delay.

In order to avoid this just set whatever your device is to display at a specific resolution rather than auto-switching. I have seen cable providers that have this issue if their box is set to native mode and setting the box to 1080 or 720 or whatever your resolution choice is keeps the signal at that resolution when you switch channels and prevents that from happening."

MoeJ

May 29, 2014
Visit site
i notice this when using the USB tv tuner. I havent been able to fix it yet.

Same here. I'm thinking it isn't the same as the HDMI pass through. People have had the stuttering from the HDMI pass through for a while, but OTA tuner showed up after NXOE. That's my opinion though. I could be wrong.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I'm thinking it isn't the same as the HDMI pass through. People have had the stuttering from the HDMI pass through for a while, but OTA tuner showed up after NXOE. That's my opinion though. I could be wrong.

I didn't have it before the new Xbox experience patch. Hopefully it's an easy software update that will happen when the DVR software drops.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I had my USB tuner up and die on me last weekend. As part of my troubleshooting, I reset my Xbox one and replaced my tuner with a new one. I haven't had any stutter in the last couple of days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro