Should I upgrade from an Xbox 360 to the Xbox One?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

should i upgrade from an Xbox 360 to the Xbox One

I bought my current Xbox in the Christmas Season of 2013 not knowing about the Xbox One. Now that I've seen Quantum Break, ScaleBound and CrackDown 3, as well as Gears 4 and ReCore, I have seriously been thinking about selling my 360 for a nice next gen console on which I can play Far Cry Primal, Deus Ex, Fallout 4 (Which I would love to play, btw) and Mass Effect Andromeda. I'm also planning to buy it over Amazon because of the Elite bundle which isn't available in Serbia and selling my Xbox 360 with my good old Kinect, GTA V, Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition and TitanFall. So should I switch to the XBOne or possibly my least liked, but available in Serbia, PS4? Tell me down in the comments. And which games should I get for the Xbox One.
PS I'm getting the holiday season next year so I can wait for the answer a little bit.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: should i upgrade from an Xbox 360 to the Xbox One

Moving forward many games will mostly be available on the One instead of the 360. Not saying that the 360 won't get any love, but I imagine most game developers will take the EA stance "the old consoles can't support the newer graphics intensive gameplay"..So if you must absolutely have the latest games, going with the One, is probably a good bet

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I traded my X360 in on my pre-ordered PS4... and I can say that was a mistake. I got the SP4 for exclusives, and all the exclusives I care about haven't even been released yet... so it's been a paperweight for the last 2 years... I'd rather still have my X360 and PS3 that burnt out soon after I got the SP4.

That said, there have been some pretty cool games that have come out on the XBOne, and I would love to have had one to keep up with the Forza series.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

I'm in the same boat, although I've had my 360 since launch. But I might finally go for it and get an Xbox one. Backwards compatibility is the biggest reason. Mass Effect Andromeda is the second. In all actuality the games they've released so far haven't intrigued me, but Mass Effect alone will force me to upgrade. Tax money put to good use 😃.

mc511

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I got my xbox one on launch in 2013. I really enjoy the system as MS improves it every month. I actually still got a ps4 last year in April 2014. I like it but its a paper weight right now as my xbox one has more exclusives that i want to play. In fact the ps4 in 2015 kinda sucked. I mean they had bloodborne. Also after today I realized that xbox games with gold program is offering way more value than PS+. Not to mention all the 360 games for gold will also work on the xbox one. In fact back compat has been the best thing MS has done for the xbox one. Id say there is better value in the system.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I got my xbox one on launch in 2013. I really enjoy the system as MS improves it every month. I actually still got a ps4 last year in April 2014. I like it but its a paper weight right now as my xbox one has more exclusives that i want to play. In fact the ps4 in 2015 kinda sucked. I mean they had bloodborne. Also after today I realized that xbox games with gold program is offering way more value than PS+. Not to mention all the 360 games for gold will also work on the xbox one. In fact back compat has been the best thing MS has done for the xbox one. Id say there is better value in the system.

Same here. Got the Day One edition and then the PS4 about the same time last year as you did. I did play advanced warfare on it, then for black ops 3, I've been playing the Xbox exclusively.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

I use both systems all the time (360 and One). In fact after owning a One I upgraded my old 360 to a newer 500g model. All in....

Just add an external hard drive to your shopping cart because the 500, even the 1T is not enough. I've already used 25% on a 4 Terabyte. Games are huge.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If your happy with your 360, live with it for a little longer. The Xbox one is what Microsoft is putting their effort into now so, you will see limited updates on the 360...

Like above said, If your getting a Xbox one now, get a 1tb Model, if you play a lot of games, 500gb is a joke when games can take 12-50+gb and you have to INSTALL every game, no longer play off disc like the 360...(same with the PS4 btw)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I use both systems all the time (360 and One). In fact after owning a One I upgraded my old 360 to a newer 500g model. All in....

Just add an external hard drive to your shopping cart because the 500, even the 1T is not enough. I've already used 25% on a 4 Terabyte. Games are huge.

That I could not do any more. I decided to trade in my 360 when I got my 2nd X1. The games are so slow. Not being able to go to the dashboard while in game is really annoying.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If your happy with your 360, live with it for a little longer. The Xbox one is what Microsoft is putting their effort into now so, you will see limited updates on the 360...

Like above said, If your getting a Xbox one now, get a 1tb Model, if you play a lot of games, 500gb is a joke when games can take 12-50+gb and you have to INSTALL every game, no longer play off disc like the 360...(same with the PS4 btw)

Or get a super cheap 500GB plus an external 2-3 TB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99