PGA Tour 15 Vs. PGA Tour 14 And Lower

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm seeing tons of bad reviews about the new PGA Tour 15 (Xbox One).
I've been a long-time fan of the Tiger Woods PGA Tours (PC), so it's surprising that it's just not just a new version of the old.
It looks to have a new engine, which may have something to do with it.
It doesn't look like any of the Tiger Woods PGA Tours are on the 360 backwards-compatibility list, though.

Has anyone been successful in playing a Tiger Woods game on the One?
Has anyone played 15?
It's a hefty price for a game that doesn't seem very good (and no demo).
JJ

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There isn't a demo, but you could install and play the game as an EA Access trial without being a member of it. IDK if that is still possible, but you could try it. I hadn't played a Tiger Woods game since maybe the 07 release. This game's just bad on too many levels.

1. The career mode makes you play chunks of rounds. You only get to play 3-5 holes in a round, and that's incredibly stupid. I suspect it's something to do with my third point here. It's also got no event calendar in the career, and it's really just aimless single rounds that occasionally give you a stat boost.
2. The character creation is dreadful. You can't give a guy facial hair--seriously. The customization on characters is barebones, to put it in the nicest form possible. It's just useless.
3. The content is severely lacking. Back to my point about partial rounds, I can't help but feel like they don't let you play the entire round because the lack of courses would stand out even more if you got to experience the entire course every time out. Maybe there's an option to play full rounds as you progress. Regardless, something like a dozen courses (including the fantasy ones) and a dozen or fewer golfers is pathetic. Yet, this is what $60 got you with Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. I'm waiting for it to reach EA Access, then I MIGHT subscribe to it for an occasional golf fix. For now, The Golf Club can minimally entertain me on the rare occasion I NEED to play a golf game.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I did play this, during the free EA Access time.
Personally, I thought the game was enjoyable.
Honestly, I thought the graphics were a little ho-hum (I always thought PGA Tour was one of the most beautiful games, but it could just be nostalgia).
The announcers weren't really commenting on the specific shots (seemed like random comments).
I'm not sure that I would pay $60, for it, but it's inclusion into EA Access is great.
I've considered joining that subscription and this is just another reason to do it.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos