Another new XBox One owner with questions...

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So my wife and I bit the bullet and got my 8-year-old son an Xbox One (without Kinect) for Christmas. So I had a few questions:

(disclaimer: I am a computer tech and I know my way around computers and home theater...)

1. What is the benefit of passing my Verizon DVR box through the Xbox? Will it be easy to use to watch regular TV? For me it doesn't matter, but my wife is pretty computer/device illiterate, so it has to be easy... lol..

2. After setting up the Xbox and having it keep asking me to sign up for Xbox Live, I decided to. That was the day after Christmas. So Yesterday I find out that I can create a child account within my own Microsoft account, which would make it easier for him to use the Xbox and have things in his name. How does this affect Xbox Live? do I have to shell out another $60 for his account? Or does this work with any account under my main Microsoft account?

Hope someone can help...

Justin Pearson

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
1. It can be worth it if you don't want to bother with changing from the Xbox to the cable box. Easier? Na. Maybe slightly convenient.

2. As long as you set the Xbox to being your home console everyone on it has access to your games and can use Live.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
1. It can be worth it if you don't want to bother with changing from the Xbox to the cable box. Easier? Na. Maybe slightly convenient.

Yea, gotta be easy... lol... but not for me. I'll keep it hooked up as it is: HDMI to my receiver, then HDMI out to my TV.

2. As long as you set the Xbox to being your home console everyone on it has access to your games and can use Live.

I assume that's how it is by default... I'll only have one XBox...

Thanks for the reply...

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Another question: What about achievements? We got the bundle with the Lego Movie game, and he's already cleared 3 levels. If I log on to the XBox as him, does he loose that? And do I log onto the XBox with his account, or mine, then somehow switch it after I log on?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Achievements will unlock to the account that is playing the game. If he cleared the levels under your account, he will need to start a new game under his account. You can have multiple accounts logged in at once, just make sure you know which account is logged into the game. Usually at the start screen of every game there is a "switch profile" you can use that to see which account is playing the game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077