Xbox One Streaming Questions

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have two issues.

1. I set up Kinect to turn my TV off and on with my Xbox. If I'm in another room and try to initiate streaming when the Xbox is off, it will turn on the TV. Can I disable that?
  2. Is there a way to leave Live TV going on the TV and still stream a game? If someone is watching TV and I want to stream a game, it currently causes the game to overtake the TV.

cmakthat

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I did a quick search for you and it looks like you're out of luck for both issues.

1. Microsoft hasn't implemented something like this to prevent the TV from coming on. As long as your Xbox is turning on and you have your Kinect set up to turn your TV on, your TV is going to turn on. Take a look here as others also request this feature: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...ing-on-xbox-one-through-xbox-app-for-streamin

2. The Xbox streaming to Windows is meant to be a mirror of what's happening on your Xbox. It currently isn't capable of multitasking like that.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have two issues.

1. I set up Kinect to turn my TV off and on with my Xbox. If I'm in another room and try to initiate streaming when the Xbox is off, it will turn on the TV. Can I disable that?
  2. Is there a way to leave Live TV going on the TV and still stream a game? If someone is watching TV and I want to stream a game, it currently causes the game to overtake the TV.
1. Yes it will turn your TV on. What i do is after i tell my xbox to turn on from the app, I open up the remote and turn the TV and Audio Receiver off. The only issue with this, as it will turn both of the devices back on when you turn your Xbox off.

2. Currently, there is no way to run 2 apps a the same time.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have two issues.

I bought my Xbox One thinking it could do the same things. I'm so disappointed in it. I would take it back if i could.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Xbox One thinking it could do the same things. I'm so disappointed in it. I would take it back if i could.

I have no doubt that eventually this will be addressed in an update.

You should have had at least 2 weeks to return your xbox... soooo there's that.

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I did a quick search for you and it looks like you're out of luck for both issues.

1. Microsoft hasn't implemented something like this to prevent the TV from coming on. As long as your Xbox is turning on and you have your Kinect set up to turn your TV on, your TV is going to turn on. Take a look here as others also request this feature: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...ing-on-xbox-one-through-xbox-app-for-streamin

2. The Xbox streaming to Windows is meant to be a mirror of what's happening on your Xbox. It currently isn't capable of multitasking like that.

Thanks for that forum. #2 is here https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...tream-xbox-game-while-watching-tv-on-xbox-one

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have no doubt that eventually this will be addressed in an update.

You should have had at least 2 weeks to return your xbox... soooo there's that.

I bought it from Gamestop so I really cant return it. Ill hold on in the hope that they do fix it quickly.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought it from Gamestop so I really cant return it. Ill hold on in the hope that they do fix it quickly.

That's the one thing I dislike about GameStop. But I will try and get my $50 credit for the Elite Xbox bundle price drop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750