• 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
06-28-2017 07:18 PM
494 ... 1617181920
tools
    Any idea what's next? - Page 2 ? perfectworld-neverwinter

Verification for no event this weekend, new calendar to drop with Alliances.
    08-04-2016 06:46 PM
    Totally fine for me, as of tomorrow morning, I will be gone right up till next Thursday (won't be on this weekend at all). At least I won't be missing out on some sweet event.
    08-05-2016 02:54 PM
    It's been a while peeps although it seems quiet! :) getting about half way with the dragon flight boxes having managed to finally get it started. Just need another 25 boxes and then start saving up diamonds to open them so it better be worth it! Hopefully everyone is still having a good time playing :)
    08-08-2016 05:18 PM
    08-09-2016 06:52 AM
    Thanks Miracle, looks like a good update. I personally like the changes to the campaign to made them more streamlined as it's been a little confusing after level 70 figuring out what to focus on and I've been bouncing around a bit.

I fall in the fan of the forgotten realms and the characters in it category and enjoy the videos and story behind it. Unsure that's true for everyone who plays but I appreciate a little order 😊

My main goal right now is to get better equipment so I can join in the fun things you guys do. I saw the drow armor set in mantol derith looks good but was curious if I should aim for that directly or if the is something halfway to get?

I feel a bit squishy with current gear which would make getting the drow set more challenging.
    Paul Acevedo likes this.
    08-09-2016 09:42 AM
    Thanks Miracle, looks like a good update. I personally like the changes to the campaign to made them more streamlined as it's been a little confusing after level 70 figuring out what to focus on and I've been bouncing around a bit.

I fall in the fan of the forgotten realms and the characters in it category and enjoy the videos and story behind it. Unsure that's true for everyone who plays but I appreciate a little order

My main goal right now is to get better equipment so I can join in the fun things you guys do. I saw the drow armor set in mantol derith looks good but was curious if I should aim for that directly or if the is something halfway to get?

I feel a bit squishy with current gear which would make getting the drow set more challenging.
    Actually if you have tradebar you could go Dust set (tradebar merchant), else you could get drow set at mantol derith, but if you have participated dragonflight with us you can save them up to get a single piece that you haven't upgraded yet. FYI armor should come by this way, Alliance / Stronghold gear > Elven / Dust / Drow set > Dragonflight set. if you can skip them try to do so it saves you alot time. Focus on getting all your gears to purple and atleast rank7 enchantment on all slots.
    Firereader likes this.
    08-10-2016 03:24 AM
    Thanks Iccy. Did we have a previous post about what is more important for the different classes?

For example, as a Warlock, do I focus on power, deflection, critical, other...?

Looking forward to being able to join for the bigger events once I get better gear.

Will definitely be looking up the items you mentioned.
    08-10-2016 01:12 PM
    I played a bit last night with the new alliances in place. I would say the really nice part of it was that there's always someone looking for people. I was able to get into a Ruthless Epic Demogorgon group, and I ran with them for like 8 battles - enough to get me enough Twisted Ichor to get my off hand weapon. This morning Iccy and I joined in on a 4 dragon run within the Ruthless stronghold and we each (nearly) got the 4 dragon achievement. (the achievement shows 100% for both of us, but hasn't officially unlocked). This is all good stuff.

What I worry about is that I didn't really feel like I actually accomplished anything. I was a good citizen tank for most of the edemo runs, but after that, I suspect that I could have sat by the campfire and not actually done anything and still finished gold. Dragons this morning, I somehow managed a "top 5" on the completion screen, but again, I'm not sure what I actually contributed.

I guess, to make a long story short - when Windows Central first beat Bickering Beholders, our first Red Dragon, or our first Green Dragon, it was so cool. We finally did it (after some failures, deaths, etc). But, with finally getting my twisted set and especially with the 4 dragons this morning, it was almost like "meh" as it seemed like I was just along for the ride.

Granted, given the WC guild size, it's entirely possible that we would have never gotten 4 dragons on our own, but it certainly wasn't as cool as when we beat our first dragon alone.
    Matt Riddle and pandjman like this.
    08-11-2016 08:22 AM
    I'm enjoying it tremendously because I've done more dragons in two days than I've done with WC from my join date lol.
    08-11-2016 07:20 PM
    I played a bit last night with the new alliances in place. I would say the really nice part of it was that there's always someone looking for people. I was able to get into a Ruthless Epic Demogorgon group, and I ran with them for like 8 battles - enough to get me enough Twisted Ichor to get my off hand weapon. This morning Iccy and I joined in on a 4 dragon run within the Ruthless stronghold and we each (nearly) got the 4 dragon achievement. (the achievement shows 100% for both of us, but hasn't officially unlocked). This is all good stuff.

What I worry about is that I didn't really feel like I actually accomplished anything. I was a good citizen tank for most of the edemo runs, but after that, I suspect that I could have sat by the campfire and not actually done anything and still finished gold. Dragons this morning, I somehow managed a "top 5" on the completion screen, but again, I'm not sure what I actually contributed.

I guess, to make a long story short - when Windows Central first beat Bickering Beholders, our first Red Dragon, or our first Green Dragon, it was so cool. We finally did it (after some failures, deaths, etc). But, with finally getting my twisted set and especially with the 4 dragons this morning, it was almost like "meh" as it seemed like I was just along for the ride.

Granted, given the WC guild size, it's entirely possible that we would have never gotten 4 dragons on our own, but it certainly wasn't as cool as when we beat our first dragon alone.
    Yup the alliance is good stuff, it helps most of us on getting dungeons/dragons done during none active time or could i say out of guild meetups? so those that usually cant get to guild meetups would be able to do so. We could also try doing Big HE's on other guild stronghold for some special item drops thats not available to us yet. but it will be difficult for those under gear members. Anyway we will only be able to do our own 4 dragon kill when all our current active players are above 3k some what like how Ruthless ran it that day, we have lesser than 19 on each dragon only 17 moved to both advance dragon and still manage to kill it on the last minute.

For end game dungeon/raid runs its usually DPS takes the important role, being a support class it matters in debuff/buff/healing, im not sure if you have chosen any feats/skills that gives support like increase action point/def/skill recovery within a certain range? thats one of the best thing a OP has, kinda like GF action point gain increase for party member (which i do not have, but will be after rebalance patch). Edemo if you have a full group of 3k dps you only need a tank and a cleric or OP to cover both spot, i have done that with 1 GF its difficult to stay alive for most of the dps.

Not sure why do you feel that way about not contributed much on the dragonflight, i participated that day on my alt, but even if im on my main GF i would feel that im contributing alot in a sense that lowering the dragon def/debuffing/buffing party dps and being an awesome tank, Being a tank we sure wont do any noticeable damage to the dragon but we do contribute in our own way.
    Last edited by IccyAsd; 08-12-2016 at 04:23 AM.
    08-12-2016 04:04 AM
    I noticed that when many people are in a stronghold, it opens another instance and you cannot participate in dragon runs. However I also have been able to participate a few times, one time we did all 4 dragons as far as I know. I did not get the achievement though. Perhaps only when it is in our own stronghold. Tiamat was also awesome on Tuesday, all heads went down simultaneously. Like littlebib, I think they would have performed the same without me, but I keep doing my stuff as good as I can. One day I will be in top 5 there, I saw a HR on second place today.

Having an alliance helps a lot, always someone on! I am advancing much faster now, almost have all I need for my first dragonflight gear.
    What is a bit more difficult now is to keep track of the guild chat. There is much to do in alliance and less noise in the guild chat. But that could just be me, as I am in different timezone, not so many in europe.
    08-12-2016 06:15 AM
    Re: contributing (sorry no quote, on phone)...

I was in a regular demo the other day with some folks who just melted everything and while a quick gold is always nice it felt kind of awful to see content that you have to put some effort into utterly trivialized. There's a lot of satisfaction in conquering content when you have to work your *** off at it. I think that feeling of accomplishment is a lot of what keeps me grinding this game. And it's even better to do it with the people you have been working on it with.

Iccy, you may be having a different experience because you are already over 3k.

What's the deal with the alliance flair? I see our members wearing RUTHLESS instead of Windows Central.
    08-12-2016 08:04 AM
    For end game dungeon/raid runs its usually DPS takes the important role, being a support class it matters in debuff/buff/healing, im not sure if you have chosen any feats/skills that gives support like increase action point/def/skill recovery within a certain range? thats one of the best thing a OP has, kinda like GF action point gain increase for party member (which i do not have, but will be after rebalance patch). Edemo if you have a full group of 3k dps you only need a tank and a cleric or OP to cover both spot, i have done that with 1 GF its difficult to stay alive for most of the dps.
    I have a couple of buffs going - one for damage resistance and one for radiant damage (I think that's the one I have active now).

Not sure why do you feel that way about not contributed much on the dragonflight, i participated that day on my alt, but even if im on my main GF i would feel that im contributing alot in a sense that lowering the dragon def/debuffing/buffing party dps and being an awesome tank, Being a tank we sure wont do any noticeable damage to the dragon but we do contribute in our own way.
    I think it comes down to being a little fish in a little pond (Windows Central), or a little fish in an ocean (Ruthless alliance). When WC fights a dragon or demo, I can throw my bubble up and at least feel like it's helping someone. With Ruthless, it seemed more to make me feel better than to actually help with everyone being so high level.
    08-12-2016 08:13 AM
    Thanks Iccy. Did we have a previous post about what is more important for the different classes?

For example, as a Warlock, do I focus on power, deflection, critical, other...
    I use a Hellbringer Warlock & have focused on power & crit. I usually place near the top in DPS in most events.
    08-17-2016 01:59 AM
    Good to see Windows Central in the Ruthless Alliance. I'm in the Casual Gamers guild now and it's nice to cross paths with the WC guys from time to time (DFs and DRs). Did have a pally in WC (Harbor Smashmouth), but I retired him at the end of bubblemania. Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Andaar, Firereader and Matt Riddle like this.
    08-19-2016 03:29 PM
    Good to see Windows Central in the Ruthless Alliance. I'm in the Casual Gamers guild now and it's nice to cross paths with the WC guys from time to time (DFs and DRs). Did have a pally in WC (Harbor Smashmouth), but I retired him at the end of bubblemania. Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Hey thank for helping us out early in the game even when we were noobs back then :P , kept forgetting to reply this post due to the New WC WP app having some replying issue.
    08-30-2016 03:09 AM
    Seems like its been sometime since someone posted here, just want to add 2x RP is coming in 2 days and a month after as well as 2x AD in between, i hope you guys at ilvl2k+ fully utilize this chance to get your item score as high as possible and find ways to hoard more RAD during this 2x AD event, we wont be getting much chance on next 2x AD in near future if PWE are following Neverwinter on PC been months they got one, so treat it as the last one before they change salvage value & remove AD from invocation on mod10 (estimated mid-end oct 2016)

Please be prepare for class rebalance on mod10, you can have a look at PWE forum post Neverwinter | Arc Games
    changes is coming to SW/HR/GF & GWF

Please do not give up when you hit a wall, there is always a way to work around it.
    Last edited by IccyAsd; 09-02-2016 at 01:53 AM.
    08-30-2016 03:44 AM
    Hi guys, Grumble here, I really love the op dev but I'm not a huge fan of the dps dev build.

So with my main (grumble lvl 70 op dev). So I'm doing something a little different, I want an op dev tank.

I plan to set my feats up modeled after the mmominds dps op dev build with an emphasis on healing, reduced cool downs and survivability in that order.

As for my powers I plan to model after captnspicypants mod 9 op proc build with some slight tweets to accommodate me being oath of dev.

As for gear I plan to run lathanders 3pc set and whatever gives me the most defense and deflect and recovery.

As for companions I plan to run earth arcon, fire archon, blacksmith and shadow demon and polar bear cub.

As for enchantments in defense I'd like to run black ice or draconic for the defense+deflect but may use a mix of azure and silvery if mod 10 doesn't beef up black ices and draconics enough. As for offense I wanna mix silvery and draconic for recovery.

Mount insignia bonus I plan to use 3 protectors friendship (every time ur companion strike 10% chance to increase power and defense) and 2 that cause a heal over time with a deflect)
    All this couple with Sharandar deflect boon, and the rest of my boons focused on defense deflect and revovery and survivability.

Any pally experts among us? Does this sound like something that may be an asset to a party near you or am I just a crazy healadin whom longs to be a tank?
    Matt Riddle likes this.
    08-30-2016 01:07 PM
    Hi guys, Grumble here, I really love the op dev but I'm not a huge fan of the dps dev build.

So with my main (grumble lvl 70 op dev). So I'm doing something a little different, I want an op dev tank.

I plan to set my feats up modeled after the mmominds dps op dev build with an emphasis on healing, reduced cool downs and survivability in that order.

As for my powers I plan to model after captnspicypants mod 9 op proc build with some slight tweets to accommodate me being oath of dev.

As for gear I plan to run lathanders 3pc set and whatever gives me the most defense and deflect and recovery.

As for companions I plan to run earth arcon, fire archon, blacksmith and shadow demon and polar bear cub.

As for enchantments in defense I'd like to run black ice or draconic for the defense+deflect but may use a mix of azure and silvery if mod 10 doesn't beef up black ices and draconics enough. As for offense I wanna mix silvery and draconic for recovery.

Mount insignia bonus I plan to use 3 protectors friendship (every time ur companion strike 10% chance to increase power and defense) and 2 that cause a heal over time with a deflect)
    All this couple with Sharandar deflect boon, and the rest of my boons focused on defense deflect and revovery and survivability.

Any pally experts among us? Does this sound like something that may be an asset to a party near you or am I just a crazy healadin whom longs to be a tank?

That seems to be a reasonable setup. I have a OP Protection so I'm definitely not familiar with the Devotion side though. The problem with trying to tank with an OP is that it's pretty hard to generate enough threat to keep something like the Demogorgon interested. I found when I tried to truly "tank" during demo, I would just be ignored. I believe there's a ring that can help with that (can't remember the name off hand). In the smaller dungeons and skirmishes, you probably won't have any problems tanking those.
    08-31-2016 06:19 AM
    That seems to be a reasonable setup. I have a OP Protection so I'm definitely not familiar with the Devotion side though. The problem with trying to tank with an OP is that it's pretty hard to generate enough threat to keep something like the Demogorgon interested. I found when I tried to truly "tank" during demo, I would just be ignored. I believe there's a ring that can help with that (can't remember the name off hand). In the smaller dungeons and skirmishes, you probably won't have any problems tanking those.
    08-31-2016 09:20 AM
    I can confirm what littlebib is saying. Op's set up the correct way can tank but when it comes to the major bosses like edemo or Orcus they can't hold aggro only a gf has the abilities for that. Seems like any op could tank the regular stuff so not sure it's worth it to specialize in that vs a healidin or dps op. Glad to see your wanting to do pvp though as so many people in our guild aren't into it. I am also working on that so let's get together grumble and get our SLAY on!!! Everyone else with interest is welcome just let me know. I still have to get some pvp gear so I'm not quite ready but I'll have it done soon.

Rapture
    08-31-2016 09:30 AM
    @rapture, I think Fine AL is looking to start a PvP character, you may look her up next time you see her

@Iccy, I'm going to start a Guardian Fighter, care to share your build? I understand if not and that's kewl.

I have pretty much researched/picked giantsir's build:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing (had to edit because I don't know how to make a hyperlink in this forum.

This is a link to my character sheet I'm trying to fine tune, there are tabs, but only the far right one is inserted atm, if/when you have a chance would you take a look and see if it's viable and provide suggestions or thoughts? I know things are changing for this class soon, so not terribly sure what to do, as it'll probably be after MOD 10 drops before this character would be 70 and good gear.

The things listed in the my guardian fighter sheet are not owned, they are target items I will shoot for.

Thanks,
    Matt Riddle, Sceaduo
    Firereader likes this.
    08-31-2016 10:31 PM
    thanks for including that Matt. As I said the other day, I did ask for PVP build suggestions here but it did not post. I am not sure what I did wrong. Jim received an email and read it. ???????
    so thanks again
    Matt Riddle likes this.
    08-31-2016 11:55 PM
    I can confirm what littlebib is saying. Op's set up the correct way can tank but when it comes to the major bosses like edemo or Orcus they can't hold aggro only a gf has the abilities for that. Seems like any op could tank the regular stuff so not sure it's worth it to specialize in that vs a healidin or dps op. Glad to see your wanting to do pvp though as so many people in our guild aren't into it. I am also working on that so let's get together grumble and get our SLAY on!!! Everyone else with interest is welcome just let me know. I still have to get some pvp gear so I'm not quite ready but I'll have it done soon.

Rapture
    best PVP gear now is Lionsmane and black ice set, would be easier on mod10 when they have a full set in tradebar for purchase (ilvl145) :P

Ill go pvp later .... maybe.... ~
    09-02-2016 01:56 AM
    @rapture, I think Fine AL is looking to start a PvP character, you may look her up next time you see her

@Iccy, I'm going to start a Guardian Fighter, care to share your build? I understand if not and that's kewl.

I have pretty much researched/picked giantsir's build:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing (had to edit because I don't know how to make a hyperlink in this forum.

This is a link to my character sheet I'm trying to fine tune, there are tabs, but only the far right one is inserted atm, if/when you have a chance would you take a look and see if it's viable and provide suggestions or thoughts? I know things are changing for this class soon, so not terribly sure what to do, as it'll probably be after MOD 10 drops before this character would be 70 and good gear.

The things listed in the my guardian fighter sheet are not owned, they are target items I will shoot for.

Thanks,
    Matt Riddle, Sceaduo
    i dont mind sharing my build but it will be useless after mod10 lol

Race = Human
    Paragon = Swordsmaster
    Ability Points = Cons > Str
    Stats = Def > Recovery > AP > Deflect > life steal
    At-Wills = Weapon Master Strike & Tide of Iron (will be removed on mod10)
    Encounter = Lunging strike (might change on mod10), Enforced Threat, Into The Frey, Knights Valor (KV), Commanding Strike
    Dailies = Villians Menace (might change on mod10), Fighters Recovery
    Passive = Shield Talent (might drop this on mod10) & Steel Defense
    Boon = All defensive boons no power/critical
    Companion = Chicken is needed & a defender pet with 3 greater bonding runestones (need to change if hit DR80% for mod10)
    Artifact = Bruenor Helm & 3 other artifact that has Primary and secondary stats of Recovery & Defense/deflect, 3rd stats can be combat advantage or action point gain. (Artifact might change on mod10 if you hit DR80%)
    Weapon = Fire elemental artifact gear (high def)
    Neck = Greater Lathander Cloak
    Waist = Greater Belt of Constitution
    Underwear = For me to know, for you to find out (Applicable for Female only) =P

I think thats about all that i could remember, feat wise i cant remember what i have now only thing i remember is im half protector and half tactician, big changes are coming on mod10, ill be switching soon after next 2x RP or after mod10 when i can confirm the changes.
    Matt Riddle likes this.
    09-02-2016 02:30 AM
494 ... 1617181920