Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I hate this game. I've spent a fair amount of time and AD to get my Black Ice Forge to level 4. First cool thing I could build was corrupted black ice armor. So, I finally saved up enough black ice and bought some crafting supplies and spent the 1.5 days to build it. I knew going in that it was a little lower than my current armor (130 vs. 135) but figured I could sell it. Turns out, that it (and all the level 5 forge stuff) binds upon pick up. Not on equip, but on pick up. So, I can't even sell it. I'm not pleased. I can salvage for a whopping 5,000AD, but I spent more than that getting the necessary crafting supplies. Is this true of the other profession items? This sucks.

Dezara XBoxlive

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion intro

Hey, Daryl here I've played with a few of you already. Main TR 70, HR 70, Bubble Paladin 70 and Control Wizard level 61. Only the TR and BP are in the guild. I'm trying to get back into the game. I got burnt out mostly I've played with Andar and my wife MapetiteLioness. I'll help where I can. You have a great group.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I hate this game. I've spent a fair amount of time and AD to get my Black Ice Forge to level 4. First cool thing I could build was corrupted black ice armor. So, I finally saved up enough black ice and bought some crafting supplies and spent the 1.5 days to build it. I knew going in that it was a little lower than my current armor (130 vs. 135) but figured I could sell it. Turns out, that it (and all the level 5 forge stuff) binds upon pick up. Not on equip, but on pick up. So, I can't even sell it. I'm not pleased. I can salvage for a whopping 5,000AD, but I spent more than that getting the necessary crafting supplies. Is this true of the other profession items? This sucks.

Not so with other professions. I built my 145 pants and shirt via Mailsmithing. However, it's only a 60% chance that you will get them. The other 40% chance is a 140 set. I got the 140 shirt and pants the first time for each crafting attempt, and I threw them up on the AH for about 20-25K each (not great, since you need a Unified Elements and a Dragon Egg). Items say on them if they are BoP or BoE, so just keep an eye on that.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Guild Hall Level 5 is completed! Check out the fancy new decorations:

Along with the slight visual enhancement, this upgrade has brought us new guild quests!

You'll also find new enemies in some areas of the Stronghold:

And even new minibosses like this guy:

Thanks to everyone who made the Guild Hall Level 5 upgrade possible.

Our next goal is to build the Stable, which will give everyone in the guild a big Defense boost and even more Boons in the future! Here's what we need to build it:

The big requirements are Influence and Dark Gifts.

As everyone should know, we get Influence by completing Heroic Encounters at the Stronghold. We will also need a ton of Influence for the Guild Hall 6 upgrade, so Stronghold Heroic Encounters need to be a priority for the foreseeable future. Of course we'll keep meeting up and grinding for Influence on Sundays, but we need to be earning Influence on weekdays too. Please earn all 400 Influence with as many of your characters as you can every day that you can.

Level 70 players can get Dark Gifts from the Dread Ring campaign. Again, please do all dailies in this campaign with all characters you can. Once you complete all campaign objectives, you can produce vouchers for 1,000 Dark Gifts daily or semi-daily. Keep at it, and let's get that Stable built as soon as possible!

Also, last weekend we completed two Dragonflight encounters at the Stronghold! Here's the second victory (our third overall) from that day. Please watch the video, Like it, and Subscribe to my channel so more people will see our guild videos.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll be around most of the evening, if anyone wants to do SH Heroics or something. As a Cleric, I can't solo that stuff like some others, but I'd totally be down to run them most nights.

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey, played with Dezara and Andar today for nearly 2 hours. Great guys and very helpful. Thank you for the items and expertise taught. Lots of information available in you experienced players. Thanks for sharing with me. Friended both on live. Look forward to growing up and being able to give back myself.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I finally got through the Epic Castle Never dungeon last night. I got into a group that needed a bubble tank. For anyone considering doing CN, I don't believe that this is possible with just some random group unless you get really lucky and get in with a bunch of super powerful people. In this case, we actually got onto an Xbox live party and, especially during the final battle, there was a lot of communication.

Our group consisted of 3 DPS (I think we had a warlock, great fighter, and trickster rogue), bubble paladin, and haste cleric. I basically had the perma-bubble going any time we were fighting. 4 of the 5 of us were at about 2600 equipment level with one at over 3k so nothing too crazy high.

I did learn some things like how I had equipped the wrong powers for my paladin. And I never really knew what recovery did. Now I know that it helps with your AP which is really important for maintaining the bubble (and other daily powers for everyone else). And I now know that I really want to get a soulforged enchantment (revives you when you die).

Dezara XBoxlive

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I'd be interested how our Bubble Paladins builds compare. With a haste cleric I can almost perma-bubble. Without I can keep up up pretty well but there's always more to learn right? :) If you see me on send me an invite dezara. I'd do it here but it easier with the toon in front. :) Do we have a haste cleric?

Dezara XBoxlive

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey Matt, it was good playing with you. Its was no problem. We had help back in the day. Its just one big karmic wheel. I don't want to admit what level I was when I had to be told about search vs open and mimics! :D have a great one

Ten Towns supporting the locals from outside big business mages since it was funny to do so.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested how our Bubble Paladins builds compare. With a haste cleric I can almost perma-bubble. Without I can keep up up pretty well but there's always more to learn right? :) If you see me on send me an invite dezara. I'd do it here but it easier with the toon in front. :) Do we have a haste cleric?

I keep wanting to go to it. I'll be on after work tonight (about 4 hours), I might give it another look. The respec cost has always been what kept me from it ($5 or 180K+ AD). I've got almost 400K saved up, maybe I'll bite the bullet. I'd probably be more up for jumping to it if we were struggling without it, but we've progressed well. IDK, I've gotta find a build for it as well, which has proven really tough. The NEWEST I've seen is about a year old and not explained well on some fronts.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I finally got through the Epic Castle Never dungeon last night. I got into a group that needed a bubble tank. For anyone considering doing CN, I don't believe that this is possible with just some random group unless you get really lucky and get in with a bunch of super powerful people. In this case, we actually got onto an Xbox live party and, especially during the final battle, there was a lot of communication.

Our group consisted of 3 DPS (I think we had a warlock, great fighter, and trickster rogue), bubble paladin, and haste cleric. I basically had the perma-bubble going any time we were fighting. 4 of the 5 of us were at about 2600 equipment level with one at over 3k so nothing too crazy high.

I did learn some things like how I had equipped the wrong powers for my paladin. And I never really knew what recovery did. Now I know that it helps with your AP which is really important for maintaining the bubble (and other daily powers for everyone else). And I now know that I really want to get a soulforged enchantment (revives you when you die).

I have done a bunch of CN last week, bubble paladin is almost a must for the last boss, else it's a 1 shot even for me unbuff 15-16k def, I think OP bubble build need kind of same setup as my ITF GF, def>recovery comes first so you could get your dailies full quickly.

Take sometime to understand more about OP before you do any big changes to it, I would wait until they push out the next update, but if the changes doesn't cost too much go ahead. On future update bubble OP and haste cleric will get a big nerf, result in many ppl changing build so this 2 classes will get a free respec token.

I did not choose soulforge enchantment for my GF, negation enchantment synergies with ITF, so the higher my damage reduce the higher my buff goes.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I keep wanting to go to it. I'll be on after work tonight (about 4 hours), I might give it another look. The respec cost has always been what kept me from it ($5 or 180K+ AD). I've got almost 400K saved up, maybe I'll bite the bullet. I'd probably be more up for jumping to it if we were struggling without it, but we've progressed well. IDK, I've gotta find a build for it as well, which has proven really tough. The NEWEST I've seen is about a year old and not explained well on some fronts.

If you are not in rush wait for next update, OP & DC gets a free respec token, I think it will probably be end of this month. Could save you some AD

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Take sometime to understand more about OP before you do any big changes to it, I would wait until they push out the next update, but if the changes doesn't cost too much go ahead. On future update bubble OP and haste cleric will get a big nerf, result in many ppl changing build so this 2 classes will get a free respec token.

Yeah. I'm definitely still learning and then will need to relearn everything when the do the next update. Pretty annoying timing for me (I won't get into whether it is a good/bad change).

The changes I've made so far included just a gem from a cost standpoint to add some recovery. The other changes I've made were on what daily powers I use. Basically, I changed out Divine Touch and Smite for Binding Oath and Bane. I may re-swap Smite for Bane but I have to play with that more to see. Essentially, I had been scared of Binding Oath because it seems you could kill yourself pretty easily, but it seems I may have been over-reacting.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are not in rush wait for next update, OP & DC gets a free respec token, I think it will probably be end of this month. Could save you some AD

Yeah, we had discussed that last week, right? That was something else keeping me from switching--if I paid it, then got a free respec token, I'd be pretty peeved. I know someone (Viva?) was saying Pallys were nerfed in the latest update for PC, is that what's coming to XB1? If so, I can't help but wonder if Haste DCs will meet a similar fate, since they made up that must-have pairing of characters with the haste and bubble.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, we had discussed that last week, right? That was something else keeping me from switching--if I paid it, then got a free respec token, I'd be pretty peeved. I know someone (Viva?) was saying Pallys were nerfed in the latest update for PC, is that what's coming to XB1? If so, I can't help but wonder if Haste DCs will meet a similar fate, since they made up that must-have pairing of characters with the haste and bubble.

Yes it will come soon to Xbox, the whole idea is they do not want a class that's too much depended on, like no one cares what CW, HR, SW, GWF, TR build are, it also comes with a fix for lostmauth set (not intended like the text description) it gives too much dmg in result of all dps class using it, so they will have a npc for lostmauth artifact swapping, quality of the artifact retains but it will lose the level in-between

PerfectZer0

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I just dropped a lot of goodies into the guild chest about 20mins ago. All we need now for the next upgrade is a lot of influence and a few thousand in surplus equipment. I also maxed what I could in resources. I'll start having all my characters make surplus chests starting tomorrow. Influence is going to be a drag though. :unhappy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb