Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I just dropped a lot of goodies into the guild chest about 20mins ago. All we need now for the next upgrade is a lot of influence and a few thousand in surplus equipment. I also maxed what I could in resources. I'll start having all my characters make surplus chests starting tomorrow. Influence is going to be a drag though. :unhappy:

Thanks for donating! Don't worry too much about surplus lets just focus on influence it may take sometime to get there, I have 2 char so I can get 800 today

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, like I said, I'm on after work most every day. That's about 4 PM CST that I'll get in. Given I'm playing a Cleric, I can't run those SH heroics myself, but if others are up for it, I'll totally play to get my daily Influence in every evening. I can try to get my Paladin in on it as well, since he just hit 60, but he's also not left the Enclave since about level 8, so he's wearing total junk gear I'll have to replace before I throw him to the literal and figurative wolves in the SH.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Everyone has been doing good on Influence since we sent out the Guild Mail on Thursday. I had fun earning 400 Influence with all 3 of my characters last night, with the help of Viva la Wong, True Gimmick, ChalkyDude, and StaticX.

Still, we need sooo much Influence. We've gotta step things up with an extra Guild Meetup this week.

This Saturday, we'll do Guild Stronghold Heroic Encounters starting at 10am ET - the same time we meet on Sundays.

Please join us if you can! And don't forget to come team up with us on Sunday morning too!

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
We did it, guys! We built the Stable! Extra special thanks to Thyrennia for donating the most Influence out of everyone. You can find the Stable just Northeast of our Stronghold Guild Hall.

The Stable has a new quest you can pick up:

This single-player checkpoint race takes place at the Blacklake District (sometimes it might be for other maps):

You pick up the reward at the entrance to the Blacklake District. The Tier 3 Reward is 10 Influence. Not a lot, but you can pick the quest up again after 3.5 hours. So In one day, some players might be able to earn 30-40 extra Influence from this easy quest.

As promised, the Stable also unlocks a Defense Boon! You must manually activate this Boon for all of your characters.

To do this:

1. Go to the Guild Stronghold
  2. Push Start/Menu
  3. Go left to Character
  4. Pick Boons
  5. Scroll Down to Guild Stronghold
  6. Press Right Trigger until you reach the Defense category
  7. Select Defense Bonus and press A. Activating the Defense Bonus is buggy. If the word Active doesn't appear under the Defense Bonus icon, head to a different map and try again.

The next Guild upgrade

With the Stable now built, we have two choices for our next upgrade.

Stable Level 2, which will increase our Guild Defense Boon from 800 to 1600:

Or Guild Hall 6, which will increase the Guild Coffer capacity and unlock Level 3 upgrades for all Guild structures:

Both of these upgrades have massive Influence costs! Stable 2 needs much less Influence, but it also requires a lot of Frozen Treasures from the Icewind Dale campaign. Guild Hall 6 requires an insane 155,000 Influence, which will take forever.

Either way, we need both of these upgrades. Our current plan is to aim for Stable 2. If we reach the requirements for Guild Hall 6 before Stable 2, we'll switch to Guild Hall 6. It all depends on how long it takes us to accumulate the Frozen Treasures for Stable 2.

Guild meetups every Saturday and Sunday morning

Because we need so much Influence for our next two upgrades, we'll be doing Guild meetups every Saturday and Sunday morning at 10am ET from now on. Please join us every Saturday and Sunday morning when you can. Don't forget to wear your headset so you can join the Xbox Live Party, and be sure to mute your mic when not talking to the party. Mic etiquette is very important, especially during big meetups like ours.

Thanks everybody, and enjoy these two group shots from last week's meetup!

Last edited:

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I work nights and stay up playing on my nights off. I won't be able to make the Saturday Sunday meet ups. When I wake in the afternoons I log on while drinking some coffee and do what I can for a bit before real life takes over and I go to work. I stay up all night and play on Sunday Monday nights. I'm in Montana so that's mountain timezone or -7 . I look for members when I'm on and will continue to do so. I just reached 60 with my first character and in the under dark quests.

DEADP00L1391

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I'll be won't be able to turn up for most on the meet ups now since I'll be working on most of the weekends over the summer but I will hopefully be on in the afternoons.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It has been a while since we ran a contest, and it's time to fix that. Next week, we're giving out our last Boar Mounts to 10 lucky (and dedicated) players.

Contest Details:

• Prize: Boar mount (50% speed bonus)
  • Begins at daily reset time (6am ET/3am PT) Monday, June 13
  • Ends at daily reset time (6am ET/3am PT) Thursday, June 16 (Total duration: 3 days)
  • How to enter: To qualify for the contest, you must earn and donate 400 Influence all 3 days (1200 total influence) with a character who is below Level 70.
  • Additional rules: Players who have a Level 70 character may enter, but only if they participate using a sub-Level 70 character. Earning extra Influence prior to the start of the contest is okay, but you must still donate on Saturday and Sunday if you played on those days. Donating 1200 total Influence using multiple sub-Level 70 characters belonging to the same Gamertag is permitted (in case somebody misses a day).
  • Determination of the winner: On Thursday, Iccy will use Random.org to select 10 winners from all eligible characters who donated 1200 Influence during the contest period. Prizes will be sent through Xbox Live messages. Winners must redeem the code through the Arc app for Xbox One and then pick up the prize from the Rewards Agent in Protector's Enclave.

I'll be leaving for E3 on Sunday morning and returning on Friday the 17th. Will definitely miss everyone while I'm gone. Good luck, everybody!

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm hopefully going to be on tonight. I'd like to help out with the Frozen Treasure hunt, if possible. However, since I'm a cleric (and inept at killing things in Icewind Dale), I'm going to need some assistance. If anyone else is up for running around in there this evening, let me know in-game. I'll probably also look at doing Sharandar (haven't done my weekly Arc. Res.), maybe Dread Ring, and some skirmishes/dungeons. Coming up on the weekend, so I should be good to play late into the night/early into the morning (though not too late, since we got guild meetup in the morning!).

Derrin01

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Great contest. Will love to be in it. Need to get my alt to 30 so I can get it in the guild. Hoping I will be 70 before the end of the contest. Hope it does not take long to get the 400 influence. I am going to visit my grandson in Texas on Wed. Plan is to leave and spend the whole day out there.:sweaty:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you beaten the secret boss Oculus the Inflamed yet? You'll get an Achievement for it. Here's how to find him:

Oculus the Inflamed can be found way at the end of The Chasm, a Level 49 area. So you must be Level 49 or higher to get the Achievement.

In The Chasm, take the portals at the following map coordinates to reach the Mystic Grotto/The Jagged Approach where Oculus appears:
  • 13266,-348 portal to Scrying Tower
  • 506,420 portal to Unhallowed Grounds
  • 154,999 portal to Mystic Grotto (head Northeast to find this portal)
Oculus can be found in a hidden area that appears as a darkened tunnel at the top-right corner of the map. This area is known as The Jagged Arppoach, but you reach it on foot from Mystic Grotto. If his location is not randomized, you'll find him at the Northeast corner of the map near 14137, -902.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know we don't have a lot of paladins in the guild, but have any of you figured out how to use your free respect since they maimed the bubble? I ran a couple of dungeons yesterday without changing anything just to see. The 6 second duration of the bubble really makes it pretty useless. They definitely made it more of an emergency use thing. But, the problem with that is, do you just wait and not use another daily? That seems a waste. Has anyone found any good advice for the respec?

DirtBagMan

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I have both started Paladins and both are in their early 20's. We have no idea now how to build them. I have a MMO Minds build I love, but it doesn't seem like it will work well now. I know we needed Pally's but is it going to be worth having them now.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I missed you while I was away at E3! Thankfully, you did great earning Influence while I was gone. We have now completed the Stable Level 2 upgrade. The Guild Defense Boon now provides 1600 Defense instead of 800. Way to go!

We're also very close to being able to afford the Guild Hall Level 6 upgrade! As of this moment, we just need a bunch of Gold and ~35,000 Influence. Everyone please donate what you can and don't stop doing Stronghold Heroic Encounters. We should be able to afford the upgrade within the week.

After Guild Hall 6, our next targets are Marketplace 3 (which unlocks the ability to buy Dragonflight accessories) and Stable 3 (which unlocks the Guild Armor Penetration boon and increases the Guild Defense boon to 2400). Each of these will require massive amounts of Treasures of Tyranny (as does Guild Hall 7), so please work on the Tyranny of Dragons campaign and the Well of Dragons quests as much as you can.

Interview

While I was in Los Angeles, I had the special chance to interview Rob Overmeyer, Executive Producer of Neverwinter. They didn't give me much time with him, but I used all of it to advocate for improvements that many of us would like to see.

Please watch the whole video, Like it, and Subscribe to my channel so that our videos will come up more often in search results. Stay tuned for my article that will include some of the information from the interview and my thoughts on it.

Last edited:

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I have both started Paladins and both are in their early 20's. We have no idea now how to build them. I have a MMO Minds build I love, but it doesn't seem like it will work well now. I know we needed Pally's but is it going to be worth having them now.

As I noted above, I'm still trying to figure out how to respec mine, but even without, I feel like there's still a fair amount of use for the paladin. A couple examples, in this morning's dragon flight, I managed 5th on the post-dragon scorecard with both dragons. That definitely wasn't because of my DPS. The bubble still helps, it's just not permanent any more (that's a bit of an understatement). In a Lostmauth run yesterday, I actually got a "thanks pally" at the end.

I really don't think I'm going to have to do too many changes on my powers. I know I have 4 in one or two that don't need it so it's more an adjustment away from those. On the feats and boons however, I think I might need a bit more emphasis on defense. With both the scorpions in Lostmauth and Orcus in Castle Never, I still was getting one-shotted. I think that has to do with Binding Oath providing less protection than before. But am not 100% sure of that.

I did find a new guide on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocHrUTTRwpE but it's a little tough to follow a quickly as he cranks through it. I'll let you know if I find more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre