Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I know we don't have a lot of paladins in the guild, but have any of you figured out how to use your free respect since they maimed the bubble? I ran a couple of dungeons yesterday without changing anything just to see. The 6 second duration of the bubble really makes it pretty useless. They definitely made it more of an emergency use thing. But, the problem with that is, do you just wait and not use another daily? That seems a waste. Has anyone found any good advice for the respec?

I was suppose to reply you on the day you posted but unfortunately the NEW Windows Central App for windows phone has an issue after i hit reply it doesnt work and lost everything that i type lol.

Anyway i was trying to tell you there are ways to maintain bubble paladin but sacrifice to be made unlike before (low damage dealing, hard time on doing dailies), you need to focus everything on Recovery & Artifacts/Companion that gives Action Point/Recovery stats before going for DEF/Power, you may have to ditch Armor Penetration as its no use for a Paladin because they cant hold aggro anyway.

There is a few artifact you might want to look into [Tiamat's Orb of Majesty] [Heart of the Black Dragon] they both give recovery & action point gain, most importantly its the [Sigil of Devoted] from Cleric "Your Devoted Cleric spirit fills you with divine power, granting 100% of you total Action Points over 15 seconds. In addition, while this buff is active you Heal yourself for 869 whenever you use an Encounter power." You will need this artifact to be your main & equipped.

As for Companion you may need to find those that boost action points, this is a list of Companion Active Bonus , by looking at the list i think 3 of those sprites is your best bet, Flame, Ice & Normal Sprite at epic rank they all give 2% action point gain thats 6% there, i did a search book imp may help on getting your skills ready faster (i suppose OP generate action point by using skills?), you can have your choice of a Augment companion as your main, slots in Adorable companion equipment that has 2 offense slots so you could throw in Recovery enchantment to get the extra stats from it, as well as ranking it up to Legendary so you can get 15% more stats from your companion.

Now this is just something i came up with my mind from reading around, it may not be 100% accurate but i have read somewhere that a Paladin with Sigil of Devoted & 18k recovery could do 3 rotation of bubble (shield of faith) before losing it, some other claim that they could do it with 13k recovery but with high action point gain, so i suggest you go with the 3 sprite first because thats the cheapest way to get extra action points.

To make things clearer for you 400 recovery stat gives 1%, 100 action point gain stat gives 1%, so those 2 artifact i recommended gives 600 action point each thats 12% at mythic rank.

edit: Oh i forgot to add, you may need to respec your Paladin stats to focus on Charisma if you haven't already, it helps on gaining action point.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's a potential respect from the video I noted above:
captnspicypants

Seems pretty solid so far. Iccy, you seem to be pretty much in line with him on artifacts too :)

So, as it turns out, I have none of the correct artifacts. So, it seems you have to get a cleric through the vault of the nine quest in order to get the sigil artifact. Sigh. My powers are pretty close as I expected, and my feats are a healthy mix of good and bad. Now I just have to finish the research here (in my spare time) and get to it.

Edit:
The above build was finally posted on MMO Minds as well as a healadin build:
Healadin/Devotion: http://mmominds.com/2016/06/21/mod-9-devotiondps-paladin-build-neverwinter/
Bubble/Protection: http://mmominds.com/2016/06/21/mod-9-protection-paladin-build/

Last edited:

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I'll take a look as soon as I have a chance. I am finding my op harder and harder to play and even though I want to stay devotion I clearly need to work on my build.

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys new to the guild here checking out the forum, very cool btw, but I'm gonna be on after work around 10pmish cst in 8 hours, and I could use some help with the dragon campaign as I'm not yet lvl 70, I'm 62. Any help would be much appreciated

Gt Tizzle Bizzell
Character- Grumble

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,

This is my first forum post since joining the guild (Steve Rogers in game, GT mafifer) and I figured I would just say hello and tell everyone a bit about myself. I believe that in order to play together better, getting to know one another helps a lot, so here goes. I am 33 years old, and live in the suburbs of Chicago with my wife and 2 year old daughter.

I played WOW for about 5 years (in it's infancy) and main tanked my guild thru the first few major raid instances (BRM & Naxx mainly). I have only been playing NW for a couple months and just 70 for the first time this past Saturday night. My current main is a GF, but I actually started playing the game as an HR which I got to level 61 and started dying constantly. After looking into it, I found that the ?best? build (trapper roots) for an HR was not one I was really able to get a hang of after switching to it, gave up on the character, and started a GF.

I joined the guild a few weeks ago and since only been able to join in on one guild meetup. Unfortunately that is how my schedule has been the last couple weeks. My normal playtime is Friday night and Saturday morning and some Sunday afternoons. During the rest of the week I can only really sign in to collect my VIP reward, professions, and invoke. I realize this makes it hard for me to contribute too much to the guild but to make up for that I have been dropping nearly all my enchants/gear drops into the coffers as I get them (enough so far to make 1200 marks already).

I know this guild is getting more serious and if my lack of ability to contribute means that I should not continue taking up a roster spot, I understand. If it?s not a problem, I will continue to help anyway I can. I have already made pretty good headway on my GF since hitting 70, I went from 1604 IL to over 2100 without really doing more than hitting the AH a couple times, upping my artifacts, and picking up the Elemental Fire Shield/Dusk gear from Tarmalune. I will say though that I am totally overwhelmed a bit. Upon reaching 70, it immediately seemed every NPC was just throwing quests at me and I now have a quest log so long I have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions on what to focus my time/energy on first (for a GF and/or the guild) is appreciated. As far as campaigns go, I am about 40% thru Tyranny already and about 25% into the new Elementals campaign (thanks to my earlier grinding already in Drowned Shores). Sorry for the long post, I will be sure to keep them shorter moving forward .

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I believe you have character bank slots AND shared bank slots, both of which are available for purchase on the zen market if I am not mistaken. Just need to buy the one you want.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi windows centralers, quick question for you all? If I were to buy extra bank slots on the zen market would they be character or account bound?

Bank slots should be character bound which means they only give you the slots on the character you buy it from, shared bank slots should open for all character because they are shared :)

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I joined the guild a few weeks ago and since only been able to join in on one guild meetup. Unfortunately that is how my schedule has been the last couple weeks. My normal playtime is Friday night and Saturday morning and some Sunday afternoons. During the rest of the week I can only really sign in to collect my VIP reward, professions, and invoke. I realize this makes it hard for me to contribute too much to the guild but to make up for that I have been dropping nearly all my enchants/gear drops into the coffers as I get them (enough so far to make 1200 marks already).

Any suggestions on what to focus my time/energy on first (for a GF and/or the guild) is appreciated. As far as campaigns go, I am about 40% thru Tyranny already and about 25% into the new Elementals campaign (thanks to my earlier grinding already in Drowned Shores). Sorry for the long post, I will be sure to keep them shorter moving forward .

Welcome, Matt!

There's no need to donate Enchantments any more. Because we can produce Gem vouchers via the Jewelcrafting Profession, everyone should try to level up that profession and simply donate vouchers. Save the Enchantments for upgrading your Artifacts, etc. Ideally, members should be producing either Gem or Surplus vouchers every day via Professions. That works well even if you just check in to do your Invocations and don't have time to really play, too.

For now, the best use of your time is:

Complete Spinward Rise if you haven't already. This will get you a main-hand Artifact Weapon. Very important. Do work on the other Elementals areas, but Spinward Rise should come first because it will advance your character the most.

Focus on Tyranny of Dragons. We all need Tyranny Treasures anyway, so you'll kill two birds with one stone. Well of Dragons is challenging, so you might need to ask for help when you go there. That's the great thing about being in a guild; there's often someone around to help.

If you have the time and want to work on a Campaign that you can survive solo, Dread Ring is the next best campaign to work on, followed by Sharandar.

Also, be sure you've started the Underdark campaign so that you can spend the rewards from Demonic Heroic Encounters in Well of Dragons and Dread Ring on that campaign.

Last edited:

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Welcome, Matt!

There's no need to donate Enchantments any more. Because we can produce Gem vouchers via the Jewelcrafting Profession, everyone should try to level up that profession and simply donate vouchers. Save the Enchantments for upgrading your Artifacts, etc. Ideally, members should be producing either Gem or Surplus vouchers every day via Professions. That works well even if you just check in to do your Invocations and don't have time to really play, too.

For now, the best use of your time is:

Complete Spinward Rise if you haven't already. This will get you a main-hand Artifact Weapon. Very important. Do work on the other Elementals areas, but Spinward Rise should come first because it will advance your character the most.

Focus on Tyranny of Dragons. We all need Tyranny Treasures anyway, so you'll kill two birds with one stone. Well of Dragons is challenging, so you might need to ask for help when you go there. That's the great thing about being in a guild; there's often someone around to help.

If you have the time and want to work on a Campaign that you can survive solo, Dread Ring is the next best campaign to work on, followed by Sharandar.

Also, be sure you've started the Underdark campaign so that you can spend the rewards from Demonic Heroic Encounters in Well of Dragons and Dread Ring on that campaign.

Ok, I will start working on Spinward tomorrow evening when I have a chance to play some. With the sale yesterday, I noticed a couple new items in the Services section allowing you to fully complete Sharandar and/or Dread Ring for 2500 zen and get a bunch of campaign currencies. I had about 2600 on me and decided to use it on Dread Ring. I got all the boons out of it, and a number of random keys that allow me to start some daily quests within the line. It was a little misleading that it sounded like it would be 100% complete and I would have ALL the rewards from it instantly, when in fact I still have to wait out the daily timers on some quests, but I am well on my way to having the vouchers you receive from it :).

I will start holding onto my feeders then, at this point I have my Fire Elemental Shield and all 4 artifacts at Epic level and flying towards Legendary, only one more rank on the shield for that matter! Thanks Paul.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

My first Mythic Artifact! Now my Item Level is 2676. Couldn't have done it without the help of Viva, Iccy, and other cool guild members. :D

Ok, I will start working on Spinward tomorrow evening when I have a chance to play some. With the sale yesterday, I noticed a couple new items in the Services section allowing you to fully complete Sharandar and/or Dread Ring for 2500 zen and get a bunch of campaign currencies. I had about 2600 on me and decided to use it on Dread Ring. I got all the boons out of it, and a number of random keys that allow me to start some daily quests within the line. It was a little misleading that it sounded like it would be 100% complete and I would have ALL the rewards from it instantly, when in fact I still have to wait out the daily timers on some quests, but I am well on my way to having the vouchers you receive from it :).

Wow, I didn't know they sold those in Services. Pretty cool option for people who want to catch up on the quick.

Last edited:

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe we can organize a guild Dragon run in the Well. Seems like you can get coins from that which can be donated without effecting the boon progress to bad.

We can try doing this after Dragon run in stronghold, but those dragon hoard coins only worth 5 coffer each, still its a good group thing that we can do together, timing has to be right as well.

We usually start at 10am ET so if we plan on doing 2 dragon runs we will have to do HE's for an hour then proceed with 2x dragon flight after that WoD. we may be able to start earlier if everyone shows up on time :)

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Another newb@70 Q: how do I use the numerical numbers given for map coordinates? Paul has listed a orcas guy or something in this thread way back with some coordinates but I don't know how to use that referencing system.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Another newb@70 Q: how do I use the numerical numbers given for map coordinates? Paul has listed a orcas guy or something in this thread way back with some coordinates but I don't know how to use that referencing system.

They're just X and Y coordinates like on a graph. You check your Y coordinate, move up, check your Y coordinate again, and you can tell whether you're getting closer or farther to the desired endpoint.

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Level 70 Hunter Ranger hybrid snatch crackers! Yeah, yeah! Mostly thanks to the kind hearted soles of this guild of course. Much appreciated.

Now, companions for my hunter ranger and tricking them out.

Summoned: Mercenary (name Horus) level 30 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
1. Lesser Bonding Runestone
2. Profane Runestone rank 4
3. Profane Runestone rank 4

Equipment
Ring: Guild Companion's Ring iL120
Defensive Slot: Draconic Enchantment 4
Overload Slot: Orc Slayer rank 1
Ring: ?
Waist: ?

Active #1: Water Archon (name Aqua Velva) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
1. Offensive: ?
2. Defensive: ?
3. Offensive: ?

Equipment
Neck: ?

Active #2: Fire Archon (name Magnus) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
2. Offensive: ?

Equipment
Talisman: ?

Active #3: Air Archon (name Hurricane) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
2. Offensive: ?

Equipment

Active #4: Earth Archon (name Dozer) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
1. Defensive: ?
2. Defensive: ?
3. Defensive: ?

Equipment

Now let the advice/ suggestions flood in like the Mississippi. What do I put in my question marks? What should I change on the minor stuff placed already? I will change out the Profane Runestones with lessor Bonding as my AD becomes available on my Summoned merc. Is it necessary or advised to put Bonding Runestones on the other 4 active ones too?

My little fingers are tired of typing on this phone I'm sure to have many more questions down the road.

Thanks,
Matt Riddle,
Sceaduo: Level 70 Hunter Ranger Hybrid
Aes Sedai: Leveling Control Wizard

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It has been a big week for the guild!

We completed Guild Hall Level 6.

Visually, this added some scaffolding and flags to portions of the Guild Hall.

Marketplace Level 3 is finished.

We can now buy Dragonflight Accessories, which require Dragon Fangs earned from the Stronghold Dragonflight battles we complete every weekend morning. These accessories aren't too vital, because Artifact Cloaks and Belts are better, as are Purple Rings with 2 slots. But this is a nice stepping stone and a reminder that everyone needs to try to attend Guild Meetups every Saturday and Sunday at 10am ET/7am PT!

We also completed Farm 3, Mine 3, and Stable Level 3!

You can pick up a new quest at the Stable that awards 20 Influence upon completion. It takes four minutes to complete and can be repeated every 4 hours, making it a decent source of Influence in addition to what we can earn from Stronghold Heroic Encounters.

Stable Level 3 also increased our Guild Defense Boon to 2400, as well as unlocking the Guild Armor Penetration Boon which gives 1,000 Armor Penetration at this level. Remember, you need to manually activate the Armor Penetration bonus on all of your characters!

1. Go to the Guild Stronghold
  2. Push Start/Menu
  3. Go left to Character
  4. Pick Boons
  5. Scroll Down to Guild Stronghold
  6. From the Offense page, select Armor Penetration Bonus and press A. Activating Guild Boons is buggy. If the word Active doesn't appear under the Armor Penetration Bonus icon, head to a different map and try again.

Next upgrades

Our next two upgrades are Quarry 3 and Guild Hall 7. Unfortunately, both are very expensive. Here's what we need for Quarry 3:

This will require massive amounts of Treasures of Tyranny, a fair pile of Surplus, and some Fey Trinkets from Sharandar too. As usual, everyone needs to be working on the Treasures of Tyranny Campaign - as well as the Sharandar campaign. Ask for help if you need it!

Guild Hall 7 will require even more Treasures of Tyranny, plus 189,000 Influence. I know it can be troublesome at times, but please try to earn your 400+ Influence every day that you can. Doing Stronghold Heroic Encounters every day will be the difference between Guild Hall 7 taking three weeks or six weeks. Let's try to make it come sooner.

Finally, several of us teamed up to complete Malbog's Castle the other day. here's a video. Please watch at least a minute of it, like it, and Subscribe to my channel so that our Neverwinter videos show up more often in search results. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb