Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Now let the advice/ suggestions flood in like the Mississippi. What do I put in my question marks? What should I change on the minor stuff placed already? I will change out the Profane Runestones with lessor Bonding as my AD becomes available on my Summoned merc. Is it necessary or advised to put Bonding Runestones on the other 4 active ones too?

My little fingers are tired of typing on this phone I'm sure to have many more questions down the road.

Thanks,
Matt Riddle,
Sceaduo: Level 70 Hunter Ranger Hybrid
Aes Sedai: Leveling Control Wizard

Someone (Iccy?) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that equipment on the active companions actually matters unless they are summoned. You'll still get the active bonus from them (varies per type of companion), but I don't think the equipment matters. I say this, but I do currently have all my companions decked out with equipment and rune stones. If I can get rid of those, that will make this weekend's double refining points a little more profitable.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Level 70 Hunter Ranger hybrid snatch crackers! Yeah, yeah! Mostly thanks to the kind hearted soles of this guild of course. Much appreciated.

Now, companions for my hunter ranger and tricking them out.

Summoned: Mercenary (name Horus) level 30 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
1. Lesser Bonding Runestone
2. Profane Runestone rank 4
3. Profane Runestone rank 4

Equipment
Ring: Guild Companion's Ring iL120
Defensive Slot: Draconic Enchantment 4
Overload Slot: Orc Slayer rank 1
Ring: ?
Waist: ?

Active #1: Water Archon (name Aqua Velva) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
1. Offensive: ?
2. Defensive: ?
3. Offensive: ?

Equipment
Neck: ?

Active #2: Fire Archon (name Magnus) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
2. Offensive: ?

Equipment
Talisman: ?

Active #3: Air Archon (name Hurricane) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
2. Offensive: ?

Equipment

Active #4: Earth Archon (name Dozer) level 25 (ready to upgrade)
Runestones
1. Defensive: ?
2. Defensive: ?
3. Defensive: ?

Equipment

Now let the advice/ suggestions flood in like the Mississippi. What do I put in my question marks? What should I change on the minor stuff placed already? I will change out the Profane Runestones with lessor Bonding as my AD becomes available on my Summoned merc. Is it necessary or advised to put Bonding Runestones on the other 4 active ones too?

My little fingers are tired of typing on this phone I'm sure to have many more questions down the road.

Thanks,
Matt Riddle,
Sceaduo: Level 70 Hunter Ranger Hybrid
Aes Sedai: Leveling Control Wizard

To make things clear for you, you only need to equip the "Summoned" companion and bonding runestone, active companion (other 4) doesn't give you any extra stats so they can be naked, upgrading the other 4 to epic quality it's just for the increased active stats. Now if your main companion reached legendary it will give you an extra 15% companion stats (1m for the upgrade).

As for companion equipment you can look for adorable companion equipment on AH it will cost quite abit, alternatively you can get those dragon flight rings and accessories or elven gear by trading seal of the protector.

Before you move on I would suggest you to think twice on your companion choices, if you know what you doing or following a guide then carry on :)

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Someone (Iccy?) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that equipment on the active companions actually matters unless they are summoned. You'll still get the active bonus from them (varies per type of companion), but I don't think the equipment matters. I say this, but I do currently have all my companions decked out with equipment and rune stones. If I can get rid of those, that will make this weekend's double refining points a little more profitable.

Yes that's correct, my companion other than the summon one all of them are naked, they are there to help me carry +4 rings that I want to keep.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Double Refinement and Celebration of Lliira are now active.

Both events end on July 5th. Everybody take advantage of this time to rank up your equipment and gems!

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't there also a double drop event now too?

Yes indeed. So let's all take it to the max. Everybody to the limit. :)

BTW, we've postponed the contest till July 7 in order to take advantage of the Double Guild Marks weekend that starts at that time.

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully everybody saw today's Guild Mail. We'll have one tomorrow too. I'll post the full details of the contest here in the forum very soon.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I saw them. I managed to wake up early (and be a few minutes late to work) finishing up Llira's fireworks bonanza, so I could get the Panther mount. Haven't even equipped it yet, hope it's worth it. I should be on for a while this evening, doing my daily whatnot (dungeons/skirmishes, professions, invocations). Should anyone need assistance or anything, I'll be around.

Lil Frier@Lil Frier, Devoted Cleric

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Looking for advice on playing multiple characters.

I have 3, and get about 2 hours of play time on during the week per day on average. On my weekends I stay up all night playing and average probably 6-8 hours each night.

What is the most efficient process daily?

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Looking for advice on playing multiple characters.

I have 3, and get about 2 hours of play time on during the week per day on average. On my weekends I stay up all night playing and average probably 6-8 hours each night.

What is the most efficient process daily?

You should focus on your Main, the alt can work on only 2x Dungeon & 2x Skirmish to get you some AD (17-18k). When you are done with everything on your Main & you have extra time to spare only then you should work on your alt. Its important that your main becomes strong because it will help you in accessing epic dungeons or epic Trial (Tiamat/Demogorgon)

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You should focus on your Main, the alt can work on only 2x Dungeon & 2x Skirmish to get you some AD (17-18k). When you are done with everything on your Main & you have extra time to spare only then you should work on your alt. Its important that your main becomes strong because it will help you in accessing epic dungeons or epic Trial (Tiamat/Demogorgon)

What if you can't decide which is your main and which is your alt? Between the nerfed paladin, and a respec of my HR, I'm enjoying the HR more these days. Unfortunately, my HR is about 200 less gear score than my paladin and definitely isn't the work horse that my paladin is which makes some of the encounters much more challenging.

Ulvein/Ulvein Jr.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
What if you can't decide which is your main and which is your alt? Between the nerfed paladin, and a respec of my HR, I'm enjoying the HR more these days. Unfortunately, my HR is about 200 less gear score than my paladin and definitely isn't the work horse that my paladin is which makes some of the encounters much more challenging.

Ulvein/Ulvein Jr.

Well it all depends on how much time you would spend on your character, if you are spending your time evenly it would actually slow down your progression towards end game content, you may get an invite to epic demogorgon with a support class at ilvl 2600 but most normally dont for a DPS class unless they are near to 3k, so there goes your chance of obtaining twisted gears.

Currently there isnt much end game content but eventually the game is going to introduce higher rank armor/weapon, they may even boost up item levels for latest content, that would actually create a much further goal for players that has not moved forward at all.

While we are still pretty much hooked up to this game we should give it all we could :)

George Bravo

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, let me introduce myself, my name is Jorge Bravo, I live in Honduras, Central America, I am 34 years old and love being part of this great Guild. Only have 1 toon, StaticX, a devoted cleric.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon