Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

DirtBagMan

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Didn't see that. My bad. Still pretty cool though. LOL, does this post count for the contest even though I don't know what the heck I talking about?

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well it all depends on how much time you would spend on your character, if you are spending your time evenly it would actually slow down your progression towards end game content, you may get an invite to epic demogorgon with a support class at ilvl 2600 but most normally dont for a DPS class unless they are near to 3k, so there goes your chance of obtaining twisted gears.

Currently there isnt much end game content but eventually the game is going to introduce higher rank armor/weapon, they may even boost up item levels for latest content, that would actually create a much further goal for players that has not moved forward at all.

While we are still pretty much hooked up to this game we should give it all we could :)

Yeah. The problem is even the paladin isn't too much in demand these days either. It was great with the bubble, but now I get laughed at "DPS Paladin, ha!".

I've been thinking that I might just use the paladin to run most of the encounters to get AD and then ultimately giving that over to the HR for leveling up items and equipment. I've played enough that I have most of the boons for each so it really comes down to equipment now.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. The problem is even the paladin isn't too much in demand these days either. It was great with the bubble, but now I get laughed at "DPS Paladin, ha!".

I've been thinking that I might just use the paladin to run most of the encounters to get AD and then ultimately giving that over to the HR for leveling up items and equipment. I've played enough that I have most of the boons for each so it really comes down to equipment now.

That is why if you think you still want to be a bubble be confident in it :) There are still ilvl 3k+ OP thats based on bubble build, they are proving people wrong with full focus in Action Point gain & Recovery stats, unlike before being a bubble its only skill based.

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
That is why if you think you still want to be a bubble be confident in it :) There are still ilvl 3k+ OP thats based on bubble build, they are proving people wrong with full focus in Action Point gain & Recovery stats, unlike before being a bubble its only skill based.

I agree. I've been a healadin build since the beginning and I've struggled with it some, especially since really committing to the character. But it is effective and becoming more so the more work I put into it. I've got a long way to go but I really love him. Not every class can heal by throwing puffy pillows at the enemy. :)

That said, I haven't been trying to run in pugs. And I've been cheating on him some with my GWF. So ymmv. I wouldn't be surprised if people are still adjusting to the new normal and that paladin may be welcome again sooner than the popular wisdom would have it.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
July 7-13 Contest details

Here are the details for our largest Guild contest yet, with prizes we spent real money (and Astral Diamonds) to provide!

Duration:

Starts at server reset time (6am ET/3am PT) on July 7, ends at server reset time on July 14. Note that 2X Guild Marks weekend begins at 1pm ET on July 7.

Prizes:

• Grand Prize: One Runic Bag of Holding (36 slots, a $16/1600 Zen value)
  • Second Prize: 5 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantments - Very useful gem that awards Refining Stones when equipped in a Utility slot. Every character over Level 60 should have these or the higher-level versions of them in all of their Utility slots.
  • Third Prize: 4 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantments
  • Fourth Prize: 3 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantments
  • Fifth Prize: 2 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantments
  • Sixth Prize: 1 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantment
  • Seventh Prize: 1 Goat Companion (Purple quality)
  • Sub-Level 70 Prizes: 4 Members who are below Level 70 will receive an Archon Companion (Green rarity)
  • Participation Prizes: All members who meet at least three entry requirements will receive 2 Profession Packs

Prizes donated by EastX (Runic Bag of Holding, 5 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantments, Profession Packs); IccyAsd and Viva la Wong (5 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantments each); StaticX (Goat companion) and Andaar (4 Archon companions)

Ways to Enter

During the contest period, perform each of these tasks to receive an entry in the contest. Once the contest ends, we'll put all entries in a pool and randomly select winners for each prize, starting with the Grand Prize and working our way down the list. The more entries you have, the better your chance of winning.

Each person can only win once, so if you get the Grand Prize, you won't be eligible for the Second Prize, and so on. Everyone who qualifies for a Participation Prize will receive one though, even if they won a larger prize.

• Forum use: Sign up (or have already signed up), subscribe to the thread and enable email notifications (Instant, Daily, or Weekly), and make forum posts on 3 different days during contest period. Posts can't be bumps or pointless.
  • Donate 2000 Influence to the Guild Coffer (5 days' worth of Influence)
  • Donate 2800 Influence to the Guild Coffer (7 days' worth of Influence)
  • Donate 5600 Influence to the Guild Coffer (7 day's worth of Influence from multiple characters)
  • Donate 3500 Treasures of Tyranny to the Guild Coffer (This is the equivalent of completing all Well of Dragon quests every day for 1 week.)
  • Donate 7000 Treasures of Tyranny to the Guild Coffer (This is the equivalent of completing all Well of Dragon quests and all Protectors Enclave quests every day for 1 week.)
  • Donate the most Treasures of Tyranny out of everyone to the Guild Coffer (Only one person will qualify for this entry.)

Maximum entries: 6-7 per person.

How to earn Influence

As most of us know already, you earn Influence by completing Heroic Encounters at our Guild Stronghold. After completing a Stronghold Heroic Encounter, a reward containing Influence and/or other items will appear at the top-right corner of the screen. Press the View/Select button on the controller a few times to highlight the top-right corner of the screen, and then use the D-Pad to navigate to the Reward and claim it.

Influence rewards diminish throughout the day based on how many you've claimed that day.
  • 1st reward: 150 Influence
  • 2nd reward: 120 Influence
  • 3rd reward: 75 Influence
  • 4th reward: 35 Influence
  • 5th reward: 20 Influence

Each character can only claim up to 400 Influence per day. However, there is a workaround that allows characters to "bank" Influence for redemption on a following day. After claiming your fifth Influence reward for the day (the one that gives 20 Influence), don't redeem any more Heroic Encounter rewards. Simply wait until the next day, at which point you can redeem them and still receive Influence. Redeeming a Stronghold Heroic Encounter Influence reward on a subsequent day still counts towards the Influence claim limit for the day in which you redeem it.

Depending on your character's class, Level, and Item Level (as well as the difficulty of the individual Stronghold Heroic Encounter), Stronghold Heroic Encounters can be difficult to complete alone. However, characters of virtually any level (even in the 20s) can survive and complete Stronghold Heroic Encounters when accompanied by other players of sufficient strength. Stronghold Heroic Encounters also take much less time to complete with a group than they do alone.

We recommend that players always attempt to recruit or join other Guild Members when engaging in Stronghold Heroic Encounters. This makes things easier and faster for everyone, and it also encourages players who might otherwise have missed their chance to earn Influence that day to do so.

Guild Members who have multiple characters can contribute more than 400 Influence per day by earning and contributing Influence with each character. This greatly helps speed the Guild's Influence gain, although it takes more of the individual player's time.

In this contest, Influence donated by any of a player's characters count towards that player's overall influence contribution. So donating from multiple characters is encouraged.

How to earn Treasures of Tyranny

Treasures of Tyranny
are a campaign treasure awarded for completing quests in the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign. This Campaign becomes available upon reaching Level 26, but can't be fully completed until Level 70.

Unlike other Campaigns, Tyranny has two different areas in which players will receive quests. From Level 26 onward, you can pick up quests from Harper Boward (and sometimes NPCs surrounding her) in Protector's Enclave.

The Daily Quests given by Harper Boward include Common Cause, Culling the Cultists, and a random assortment of additional quests. These quests must be completed in other areas such as Neverdeath Graveyard and Icespire Peak. Having started Tyranny, players can pick up additional daily quests in Neverdeath Graveyard, and eventually other areas as well.

Harper Boward gives out up to two weekly quests as well: Defeating Dragons and Protecting the Portal (available starting at Level 70).

Some Tyranny dailies such as Ghost Story might require the help of additional players to complete. You can recruit help using the Zone or Looking For Group chat options within the zone that leads to that instanced area (such as Neverdeath Graveyard for Ghost Story) or ask for help from your fellow Guild members.

Upon reaching Level 70, the Well of Dragons zone becomes available to players. This zone offers its own unique daily quests as well as the weekly quest Reclaiming the Hoard. The Well of Dragons might be too challenging for some players to engage on their own, so consider recruiting other Guild members to help you complete quests there.

All daily and weekly Tyranny quests provide Treasures of Tyranny as rewards. Level 70 players can choose to focus solely on the Well of Dragons quests, or also complete the Protector's Enclave quests (and additional dailies given in the five zones involved with the Protector's Enclave quests) for additional Treasures.

The donation targets for this contest do not take the weekly quests into account, but those Treasures still count towards your total. Players have a small amount of wiggle room for reaching the donation targets, so you can possibly miss earning some Treasures in a day and still reach your targets. You can also use Treasures you've already earned towards your donation targets if needed.

DO NOT donate all of your Treasures if you haven't unlocked the first five Tyranny Campaign Boons!

Tyranny has seven total Boons to unlock, but the last two are unobtainable to most players due to requiring an excessive quantity of Linu's Favor (earned by defeating Tiamat or completing the Rewards for the Hoard quest). Many players, including all of our Guild Officers, simply don't plan to get those last two boons unless Perfect World changes the conditions for earning them.

We want you to progress through Tyranny and unlock all five properly obtainable Boons. Donating 100% of your Treasures of Tyranny before unlocking those Boons would set your progress back significantly. Donate everything you earn during the contest period, but don't donate more than you can afford.

Vouchers

Although donating Treasures of Tyranny and Influence earned through normal means is the main way of reaching donation goals for this contest, we do allow people to donate vouchers for those resources as well.

Stolen Treasures of Tyranny vouchers occasionally drop from enemies at the Guild Stronghold. The Dragonflight Raid that we complete as a Guild every weekend morning (and at other opportune times as well) can randomly award vouchers for Treasures of Tyranny, Influence, and other resources as well. Showing up for guild meetups could help you reach your donation targets!

You can also purchase a Stronghold Starter Pack with Zen and use the four Stronghold Chests of Campaigns it contains to create vouchers for Treasures of Tyranny and/or Influence. Doing so would immediately qualify you for the highest donation target of either or both resources. We don't expect people to do this, but it's always an option and a huge help to the Guild.

Tracking your donations

We know this contest is a little complex. Fear not! I have created a Google Sheet (online spreadsheet) for tracking and sharing your contest progress.

To use the spreadsheet:

1. Visit the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iEu1aAaCUdeVR6sOS40rKYzEW5eOjbIY9KF-Em-m3CI/edit?usp=sharing
  2. At the top-left corner of the screen, choose File
  3. From the File menu, select Make a copy
  4. Name the copy

It will now be stored on your Google Drive! Want to share it so we can see your record of your progress?

1. Click the Share button at the top-right corner of the screen
  2. Click Get shareable link from the top-right corner of the pop-up box

Good luck, everyone! We hope you enjoy the contest. With your help, we'll reach our goal of upgrading to Marketplace Level 4 and unlocking the ability to buy the full set of Dragonflight Armor very soon!

Contest results are in!

Top Treasures of Tyranny Donor: Soxfan13 (Mascurado)
Top Influence Donor: Perfect Zer0 (Zer0)
Top Forum Poster: Lil Frier (Lil Frier)

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The contest is now live, people!
Forum posts and donations will count towards donation goals all the way until 6am ET/3am PT on July 14th. Let's win some prizes!

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got home from work, so getting started on the stuff myself. I saved up yesterday's Influence (in case something happens and I miss a day), so I just put in 800 Influence. I'll be on most of the evening, so if anyone wants to do Well together (as a Cleric, I can't do the mini dungeons alone...tried that yesterday, haha!), hit me up. I will also probably work on starting my alt tonight to help with that hullabaloo known as Influence this week/weekend, but I haven't touched even making it yet.

Looks like we actually just need the Surplus to start the next structure though, so that's good.

As always, I am Lil Frier@Lil Frier, if you want to run some junk.

DirtBagMan

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My main is Brut Al (level 70 GWF), my first alt is Ginsu Scissorhands (level 70 Rogue). I also have Minim Al ( level 63 Hunter), Prim Al (level 60 paladin), and Kryst Al (level 23 cleric). If you see that I am on and need someone to run with my clan is always ready for a fight. I am on from 6:00 to 10:30 or 11:00 almost every evening and also afternoons and evenings on the weekends.

I would like to explore putting together a team to fight dragons at night. I know Paul and Iccy are trying to get something going guild wide in the evening, but I would like to see if there are enough people to 'commit' to a team, one night a week, at a specific agreed to time. With organization that's in and out in less than an hour. People Neverwinter smarter than me have figured that generally we would need about 10 people or so. Healers and yes, Pallys are always welcome.

Good hunting!

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
At work, so I'll have to check it later this afternoon. Sorry, I didn't see it if sent while I was on yesterday doing my daily stuff.

PSo. I did buy the 1000 zen for 8.49 yesterday when it popped up. I don't know what I'll do with it yet though. Suggestions?

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At work, so I'll have to check it later this afternoon. Sorry, I didn't see it if sent while I was on yesterday doing my daily stuff.

PSo. I did buy the 1000 zen for 8.49 yesterday when it popped up. I don't know what I'll do with it yet though. Suggestions?

If you're not a VIP, then I would go for that. Getting both the Epic and Enchanted keys can sometimes get you some good stuff. If you want a better mount, I think those are a bit more than 1000. I believe 1000 will also get you 20 keys for the stronghold lock boxes which will get you closer to the dragonflight armor.

side note: I finally updated my username here on the forum from swebs123 to littlebib to match my gamer tag.

One more thing, it is entirely possible I am over-reacting on the usefulness of an OP. I ran through an Epic Temple of the Spider yesterday. I originally started without the bubble, but we were struggling so I figured I'd go with that as often as possible.
spider.jpg.

We ended up finishing and I definitely absorbed my fair share of damage.

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.

We've revamped the first post of this thread and added a new second post in order to make tracking and presenting information easier for everyone. The first post now lists current donation targets and the current contest (linking to the actual contest post).

The second post lists all known forum members, all guild videos (now sorted by category!), and links to guides.

Everyone please take a look at the second post and make sure you're on it. If I didn't fill in your character names or Gamertag, let me know that as well so we can make it complete.

Good luck with the contest, and be sure to participate in the Summer Festival when you're done with your Stronghold HEs and Tyranny of Dragons quests for the day!

Last edited:

Firereader

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am going to introduce myself my main is Fine AL level 64 GWF. I just started my alt Whit Al she is a Paladin but it will be a while before I can use her with the guild. I am starting to interact more now that I know how to move around lol, but really this is the first game I have ever really played so a little intimidated to make people mad if I screw up or I am to slow. I am interacting more and go out with Dirtbagman so I hope to help out and receive help from the guild. See you all in the game.
Firereader

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Matt Riddle
XBOX live GT: Sceaduo

Neverwinter Toons:
Sceaduo = Hunter Ranger lvl70
Aes Sedai = Control Wizard leveling
Shi Pei Pu = Trickster Rogue leveling

Firereader

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
ok, sounds good and thank you. I am on pacific time Oregon and usually play late evening but that can always change.
What is your character name? By the way I messed up my name it is F1reReader Fine Al see I am on a role already. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium