Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

Pwaaijenberg

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Great! Let's keep the influence coming. Thanks all for helping me gathering it in for you sometimes difficult timezones. Appreciate it!

b.t.w. I am Quinn / Pride in the game.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got family stuff tonight, so not sure when/if I'll be on as much as usual. However, I'd be up for working on Seals this weekend, if others want to run that stuff. I've not done the Epic dungeons other than Demogorgon once, but I'd be up for trying.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's 2x Seals weekend, which means everybody should concentrate on earning as many Seals of the Protector as possible. Remember, you need at least 400 Seals to get a piece of Dragonflight Armor, and 600 Seals to get the chest piece.

How to get Seals of the Protector:
  • Castle Never (Even if you can't beat the final boss, you'll still keep any Seals earned from beating the first two bosses)
  • Demogorgon
  • Epic Demogorgon (high Item Level players only)
  • Maze Engine Campaign (Reward for completing Defend the Sword Coast, takes 5 days)
  • Epic Cragmire's Crypt
  • Epic Gray Wolf Den
  • Epic Temple of the Spider
Demogorgon and Maze Engine Campaign are the best bets for low-medium Item Level players. Demogorgon is available via queue every hour on the half hour. Medium Item Level players may be able to earn some from Castle Never as well.

Let's get those Seals, everybody!

I would recommend Demogorgon runs. Best if you have the lesser demonic key from the underdark campaign as well because you'll need that to open the chest at the end (you do get some seals and the potential for a ring without the key though).

If you haven't done Demogorgon before:
Phase 1 - only open the purple rifts. The blue and green rifts ultimately release smaller demons that just get in the way.
Phase 2 - if you get tagged, aim the line at the yellow portals. Whatever you do, make sure you're not aimed at black as that heals him.
Phase 3 - just attack over and over.

You'll need to run to the blue areas on the ground to free up your powers fairly frequently during the whole encounter. Final note, if you haven't done this before, be prepared to die fairly often The rewards, however, can be quite nice. By running demo, I've equipped both my characters with at least +4 rings and I even managed a +5 somehow (not to mention the seals). Both +4 and +5 have two slots so that really helps get your item level up quickly.

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I've never run epic dungeons, unless tuern counts, which I've done once with guild help. I'm off work tonight, and would love to get in a group doing such.

PerfectZer0

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
head's up, I won't be able to make the meet today (last minute client issue), but I will be back for Sunday's meet before leaving again for to put the finishing touch on a large project. --no xbox for 4 days, how will I survive

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
We made it to Guild Hall 7 on Friday, the 15th, guys! You can see new banners hanging over the main section.

New boxes and scaffolding have replaced some rocks, too. What will they become at higher levels?

We have one new Stronghold Quest called Welcome to Homestead. You'll have to talk to an inarguably handsome NPC located in the Homestead area outside of the Guild Hall and find some boxes dropped randomly by Stronghold enemies.

We also built the Warehouse, boosting our Coffer capacity for all resources by 30 percent! You'll find it immediately south of the Guild Hall, on the way to the Lake Supply Woes Heroic Encounter.

During this weekend's guild meetups, we faced Demogorgon in order to earn Seals of the Protector. This might become a regular part of our meetups in order to ensure that everyone gets enough Seals to buy Dragonflight Armor. Over the weekend, I also managed to take part in an Epic Demogorgon battle with non-guildies. We earned Gold and I got my first Twisted Iccor!

Swag

During the Saturday meetup, I was surprised to receive a package from Perfect World Entertainment containing Neverwinter swag! Check it out.

The PlayStation 4 version has beautiful Tiamat art (shown on the above scroll) in place of the ugly Valindra artwork of the Xbox One version. I'm a bit jealous. The Tiamat fight still sucks, though!

Last edited:

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Next question - I'm to the point where I need to start getting my enchantments up above level 8. 8 is fairly easy and painless to do the upgrade on, but 9 looks like its going to be much more challenging. At what point do you all actually stop trying the upgrades and just give in and buy them? Or should I be concentrating more on getting my artifacts upgraded than doing the enchantments?

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Next question - I'm to the point where I need to start getting my enchantments up above level 8. 8 is fairly easy and painless to do the upgrade on, but 9 looks like its going to be much more challenging. At what point do you all actually stop trying the upgrades and just give in and buy them? Or should I be concentrating more on getting my artifacts upgraded than doing the enchantments?

Level 10 is the last level that can be reasonably accomplished for enchantments. After that, it's best to save up for Level 12 enchantments.

Artifacts are a higher priority than raising your enchantments. But you shouldn't put any stones of value into anything unless it's a 2x Refinement period. Go ahead and use Level 1-2 stones though, since those aren't worth much compared to the space they take up.

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm approaching my enchantments a little differently. I bought 7s for all slots. Relatively cheap. With having to have 2 8s to get 9s and then 2 9s to get 10s, I've opted to go straight to buying 10s where that isn't an issue any longer. Is there a definite answer on which is a "better" route?

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Level 10 is the last level that can be reasonably accomplished for enchantments. After that, it's best to save up for Level 12 enchantments.

Artifacts are a higher priority than raising your enchantments. But you shouldn't put any stones of value into anything unless it's a 2x Refinement period. Go ahead and use Level 1-2 stones though, since those aren't worth much compared to the space they take up.

How often do double refinements come around? I hate sitting on improvements, even if it is inefficient to leave all of those potential points on the table.

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

The advice I was given was to only go as far as 8, then to buy 10s. Haven't quite gotten to that point, so I haven't had a chance to try it out for myself. :)

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm approaching my enchantments a little differently. I bought 7s for all slots. Relatively cheap. With having to have 2 8s to get 9s and then 2 9s to get 10s, I've opted to go straight to buying 10s where that isn't an issue any longer. Is there a definite answer on which is a "better" route?

It all comes down to how much time you spend in game and what are you focusing on, if you have leadership at rank 21 where you can make Thaumaturgic Stone (3 a time around 3 sets a day if you didnt miss your timing), you clear Sharandar all quest daily (11 Thaumaturgic Stone), you can go ahead with the upgrade path. If you are good at earning AD, 2 Dungeon & 2 Skirmish a day, not missing Weekly 4500AD quest (6 total) & have a bunch of Rings to salvage around 10-15 a day? you can start saving them to buy a rank 12 straight away at 1.3m-1.4m each. I personally do both on both my main & alt, that is why i spend too much time on this game :p

Anyway just to let you know roughly how many Thaumaturgic Stones you need for 2xRP to get them rank up to rank 12, Rank7>8=7, Rank8>9=21, Rank9>10=63, Rank10>11=125 & Rank11>12=218, i personally would not upgrade a rank10>11>12 because the Success rate is 5% & 1% which you would need a coalecent ward for the 1% chance.

Prepare for more maths :p

Buying a Rank10 echantment is around 320-340k, going to rank11&12 you would need a total of 7 Superior Mark of Potency (70k each) & 1 Greater Mark of Power,Union & Stability. So lets only count Superior Mark of Potency, thats a total of 490k+320k(Rank10)+400k(coal ward)=1.21m and a total of 343(Thaumaturgic Stones) under 2x RP, without 2x RP thats 686 if you can get 20 a day that would take you 34-35 days not missing a single day. So heres the question for you guys, would you buy a rank12 enchantment for 1.3-1.4m or go for the upgrade route ?

Not to discourage anyone but i personally think Enchantment upgrade should come last, should focus on getting all your artifact & artifact equipment to epic(purple), then focus on 1 Artifact & 1 Artifact equipment at a time to Legendary, when there is a 2XRP you have Thaumaturgic Stones to spare, upgrade those rank8s to 9s, do that again in future when you have more to rank10 then stop, buy a rank12 then you would have a spare rank10 for sale or for your alt.

Last edited:

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
How often do double refinements come around? I hate sitting on improvements, even if it is inefficient to leave all of those potential points on the table.

2x RP should come once a month afaik, developer knows that people are hogging all in the bags, it is good business for them so they would just play along :p (ppl buying runic bag of holding & extra bank slots, char slots of extra bag & bank)

Sitting on improvement is well worth it because you save half the time to reach higher rank.

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
2x RP should come once a month afaik, developer knows that people are hogging all in the bags, it is good business for them so they would just play along :p (ppl buying runic bag of holding & extra bank slots, char slots of extra bag & bank)

Sitting on improvement is well worth it because you save half the time to reach higher rank.

I didn't realize they were so frequent. That would definitely make the patience worth it.

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys, I was just wondering if anyone has started watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix yet? I bring it up here because in the opening scene of the show, the 4 main kids are playing D&D and they are about to face the Demogorgon which I just thought was hilarious and perfectly timed after our push to fight him last weekend. Plus the show just has a ******** 80's synth soundtrack and a smokin/drinkin/pill popping sheriff that I miss from shows today:). If you are not watching it and are a fan of the 80's and sci-fi/horror, you need to see it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb