Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Is there a chance to get dragon flight runs during the week and evenings?

When we have enough people we can always do it :)

If things doesnt work out, no worry! next week after the Alliance update we will have other guilds helping us or you can hop over their stronghold to do dragonflights too :)

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Was playing Temple of Spider yesterday (none epic), saw an interesting OP that deals alot of damage, can you guys who played OP identify what skills / encounter he uses ? If you look closedly on the video you would notice the big damage that was done wasn't from TR as the dagger only shows up a sec later taking like an inch of health from the Boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXM6TqO9Lis

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Was playing Temple of Spider yesterday (none epic), saw an interesting OP that deals alot of damage, can you guys who played OP identify what skills / encounter he uses ? If you look closedly on the video you would notice the big damage that was done wasn't from TR as the dagger only shows up a sec later taking like an inch of health from the Boss.

Divine Judgement. My personal favorite. Look for the big gold sword dropping from the heavens. I've seen it hit 100k critical.

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Totally fine for me, as of tomorrow morning, I will be gone right up till next Thursday (won't be on this weekend at all). At least I won't be missing out on some sweet event.

SirMykey

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
It's been a while peeps although it seems quiet! :) getting about half way with the dragon flight boxes having managed to finally get it started. Just need another 25 boxes and then start saving up diamonds to open them so it better be worth it! Hopefully everyone is still having a good time playing :)

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Miracle, looks like a good update. I personally like the changes to the campaign to made them more streamlined as it's been a little confusing after level 70 figuring out what to focus on and I've been bouncing around a bit.

I fall in the fan of the forgotten realms and the characters in it category and enjoy the videos and story behind it. Unsure that's true for everyone who plays but I appreciate a little order 😊

My main goal right now is to get better equipment so I can join in the fun things you guys do. I saw the drow armor set in mantol derith looks good but was curious if I should aim for that directly or if the is something halfway to get?

I feel a bit squishy with current gear which would make getting the drow set more challenging.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Miracle, looks like a good update. I personally like the changes to the campaign to made them more streamlined as it's been a little confusing after level 70 figuring out what to focus on and I've been bouncing around a bit.

I fall in the fan of the forgotten realms and the characters in it category and enjoy the videos and story behind it. Unsure that's true for everyone who plays but I appreciate a little order ��

My main goal right now is to get better equipment so I can join in the fun things you guys do. I saw the drow armor set in mantol derith looks good but was curious if I should aim for that directly or if the is something halfway to get?

I feel a bit squishy with current gear which would make getting the drow set more challenging.

Actually if you have tradebar you could go Dust set (tradebar merchant), else you could get drow set at mantol derith, but if you have participated dragonflight with us you can save them up to get a single piece that you haven't upgraded yet. FYI armor should come by this way, Alliance / Stronghold gear > Elven / Dust / Drow set > Dragonflight set. if you can skip them try to do so it saves you alot time. Focus on getting all your gears to purple and atleast rank7 enchantment on all slots.

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Iccy. Did we have a previous post about what is more important for the different classes?

For example, as a Warlock, do I focus on power, deflection, critical, other...?

Looking forward to being able to join for the bigger events once I get better gear.

Will definitely be looking up the items you mentioned.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I played a bit last night with the new alliances in place. I would say the really nice part of it was that there's always someone looking for people. I was able to get into a Ruthless Epic Demogorgon group, and I ran with them for like 8 battles - enough to get me enough Twisted Ichor to get my off hand weapon. This morning Iccy and I joined in on a 4 dragon run within the Ruthless stronghold and we each (nearly) got the 4 dragon achievement. (the achievement shows 100% for both of us, but hasn't officially unlocked). This is all good stuff.

What I worry about is that I didn't really feel like I actually accomplished anything. I was a good citizen tank for most of the edemo runs, but after that, I suspect that I could have sat by the campfire and not actually done anything and still finished gold. Dragons this morning, I somehow managed a "top 5" on the completion screen, but again, I'm not sure what I actually contributed.

I guess, to make a long story short - when Windows Central first beat Bickering Beholders, our first Red Dragon, or our first Green Dragon, it was so cool. We finally did it (after some failures, deaths, etc). But, with finally getting my twisted set and especially with the 4 dragons this morning, it was almost like "meh" as it seemed like I was just along for the ride.

Granted, given the WC guild size, it's entirely possible that we would have never gotten 4 dragons on our own, but it certainly wasn't as cool as when we beat our first dragon alone.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I played a bit last night with the new alliances in place. I would say the really nice part of it was that there's always someone looking for people. I was able to get into a Ruthless Epic Demogorgon group, and I ran with them for like 8 battles - enough to get me enough Twisted Ichor to get my off hand weapon. This morning Iccy and I joined in on a 4 dragon run within the Ruthless stronghold and we each (nearly) got the 4 dragon achievement. (the achievement shows 100% for both of us, but hasn't officially unlocked). This is all good stuff.

What I worry about is that I didn't really feel like I actually accomplished anything. I was a good citizen tank for most of the edemo runs, but after that, I suspect that I could have sat by the campfire and not actually done anything and still finished gold. Dragons this morning, I somehow managed a "top 5" on the completion screen, but again, I'm not sure what I actually contributed.

I guess, to make a long story short - when Windows Central first beat Bickering Beholders, our first Red Dragon, or our first Green Dragon, it was so cool. We finally did it (after some failures, deaths, etc). But, with finally getting my twisted set and especially with the 4 dragons this morning, it was almost like "meh" as it seemed like I was just along for the ride.

Granted, given the WC guild size, it's entirely possible that we would have never gotten 4 dragons on our own, but it certainly wasn't as cool as when we beat our first dragon alone.

Yup the alliance is good stuff, it helps most of us on getting dungeons/dragons done during none active time or could i say out of guild meetups? so those that usually cant get to guild meetups would be able to do so. We could also try doing Big HE's on other guild stronghold for some special item drops thats not available to us yet. but it will be difficult for those under gear members. Anyway we will only be able to do our own 4 dragon kill when all our current active players are above 3k some what like how Ruthless ran it that day, we have lesser than 19 on each dragon only 17 moved to both advance dragon and still manage to kill it on the last minute.

For end game dungeon/raid runs its usually DPS takes the important role, being a support class it matters in debuff/buff/healing, im not sure if you have chosen any feats/skills that gives support like increase action point/def/skill recovery within a certain range? thats one of the best thing a OP has, kinda like GF action point gain increase for party member (which i do not have, but will be after rebalance patch). Edemo if you have a full group of 3k dps you only need a tank and a cleric or OP to cover both spot, i have done that with 1 GF its difficult to stay alive for most of the dps.

Not sure why do you feel that way about not contributed much on the dragonflight, i participated that day on my alt, but even if im on my main GF i would feel that im contributing alot in a sense that lowering the dragon def/debuffing/buffing party dps and being an awesome tank, Being a tank we sure wont do any noticeable damage to the dragon but we do contribute in our own way.

Last edited:

Pwaaijenberg

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I noticed that when many people are in a stronghold, it opens another instance and you cannot participate in dragon runs. However I also have been able to participate a few times, one time we did all 4 dragons as far as I know. I did not get the achievement though. Perhaps only when it is in our own stronghold. Tiamat was also awesome on Tuesday, all heads went down simultaneously. Like littlebib, I think they would have performed the same without me, but I keep doing my stuff as good as I can. One day I will be in top 5 there, I saw a HR on second place today.

Having an alliance helps a lot, always someone on! I am advancing much faster now, almost have all I need for my first dragonflight gear.
What is a bit more difficult now is to keep track of the guild chat. There is much to do in alliance and less noise in the guild chat. But that could just be me, as I am in different timezone, not so many in europe.

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: contributing (sorry no quote, on phone)...

I was in a regular demo the other day with some folks who just melted everything and while a quick gold is always nice it felt kind of awful to see content that you have to put some effort into utterly trivialized. There's a lot of satisfaction in conquering content when you have to work your *** off at it. I think that feeling of accomplishment is a lot of what keeps me grinding this game. And it's even better to do it with the people you have been working on it with.

Iccy, you may be having a different experience because you are already over 3k.

What's the deal with the alliance flair? I see our members wearing RUTHLESS instead of Windows Central.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For end game dungeon/raid runs its usually DPS takes the important role, being a support class it matters in debuff/buff/healing, im not sure if you have chosen any feats/skills that gives support like increase action point/def/skill recovery within a certain range? thats one of the best thing a OP has, kinda like GF action point gain increase for party member (which i do not have, but will be after rebalance patch). Edemo if you have a full group of 3k dps you only need a tank and a cleric or OP to cover both spot, i have done that with 1 GF its difficult to stay alive for most of the dps.

I have a couple of buffs going - one for damage resistance and one for radiant damage (I think that's the one I have active now).

Not sure why do you feel that way about not contributed much on the dragonflight, i participated that day on my alt, but even if im on my main GF i would feel that im contributing alot in a sense that lowering the dragon def/debuffing/buffing party dps and being an awesome tank, Being a tank we sure wont do any noticeable damage to the dragon but we do contribute in our own way.

I think it comes down to being a little fish in a little pond (Windows Central), or a little fish in an ocean (Ruthless alliance). When WC fights a dragon or demo, I can throw my bubble up and at least feel like it's helping someone. With Ruthless, it seemed more to make me feel better than to actually help with everyone being so high level.

Andaar

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Iccy. Did we have a previous post about what is more important for the different classes?

For example, as a Warlock, do I focus on power, deflection, critical, other...
I use a Hellbringer Warlock & have focused on power & crit. I usually place near the top in DPS in most events.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good to see Windows Central in the Ruthless Alliance. I'm in the Casual Gamers guild now and it's nice to cross paths with the WC guys from time to time (DFs and DRs). Did have a pally in WC (Harbor Smashmouth), but I retired him at the end of bubblemania. Anyway, keep up the good work.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Good to see Windows Central in the Ruthless Alliance. I'm in the Casual Gamers guild now and it's nice to cross paths with the WC guys from time to time (DFs and DRs). Did have a pally in WC (Harbor Smashmouth), but I retired him at the end of bubblemania. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Hey thank for helping us out early in the game even when we were noobs back then :p , kept forgetting to reply this post due to the New WC WP app having some replying issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99