Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Seems like its been sometime since someone posted here, just want to add 2x RP is coming in 2 days and a month after as well as 2x AD in between, i hope you guys at ilvl2k+ fully utilize this chance to get your item score as high as possible and find ways to hoard more RAD during this 2x AD event, we wont be getting much chance on next 2x AD in near future if PWE are following Neverwinter on PC been months they got one, so treat it as the last one before they change salvage value & remove AD from invocation on mod10 (estimated mid-end oct 2016)

Please be prepare for class rebalance on mod10, you can have a look at PWE forum post Neverwinter | Arc Games
changes is coming to SW/HR/GF & GWF

Please do not give up when you hit a wall, there is always a way to work around it.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, Grumble here, I really love the op dev but I'm not a huge fan of the dps dev build.

So with my main (grumble lvl 70 op dev). So I'm doing something a little different, I want an op dev tank.

I plan to set my feats up modeled after the mmominds dps op dev build with an emphasis on healing, reduced cool downs and survivability in that order.

As for my powers I plan to model after captnspicypants mod 9 op proc build with some slight tweets to accommodate me being oath of dev.

As for gear I plan to run lathanders 3pc set and whatever gives me the most defense and deflect and recovery.

As for companions I plan to run earth arcon, fire archon, blacksmith and shadow demon and polar bear cub.

As for enchantments in defense I'd like to run black ice or draconic for the defense+deflect but may use a mix of azure and silvery if mod 10 doesn't beef up black ices and draconics enough. As for offense I wanna mix silvery and draconic for recovery.

Mount insignia bonus I plan to use 3 protectors friendship (every time ur companion strike 10% chance to increase power and defense) and 2 that cause a heal over time with a deflect)
All this couple with Sharandar deflect boon, and the rest of my boons focused on defense deflect and revovery and survivability.

Any pally experts among us? Does this sound like something that may be an asset to a party near you or am I just a crazy healadin whom longs to be a tank?

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, Grumble here, I really love the op dev but I'm not a huge fan of the dps dev build.

So with my main (grumble lvl 70 op dev). So I'm doing something a little different, I want an op dev tank.

I plan to set my feats up modeled after the mmominds dps op dev build with an emphasis on healing, reduced cool downs and survivability in that order.

As for my powers I plan to model after captnspicypants mod 9 op proc build with some slight tweets to accommodate me being oath of dev.

As for gear I plan to run lathanders 3pc set and whatever gives me the most defense and deflect and recovery.

As for companions I plan to run earth arcon, fire archon, blacksmith and shadow demon and polar bear cub.

As for enchantments in defense I'd like to run black ice or draconic for the defense+deflect but may use a mix of azure and silvery if mod 10 doesn't beef up black ices and draconics enough. As for offense I wanna mix silvery and draconic for recovery.

Mount insignia bonus I plan to use 3 protectors friendship (every time ur companion strike 10% chance to increase power and defense) and 2 that cause a heal over time with a deflect)
All this couple with Sharandar deflect boon, and the rest of my boons focused on defense deflect and revovery and survivability.

Any pally experts among us? Does this sound like something that may be an asset to a party near you or am I just a crazy healadin whom longs to be a tank?

That seems to be a reasonable setup. I have a OP Protection so I'm definitely not familiar with the Devotion side though. The problem with trying to tank with an OP is that it's pretty hard to generate enough threat to keep something like the Demogorgon interested. I found when I tried to truly "tank" during demo, I would just be ignored. I believe there's a ring that can help with that (can't remember the name off hand). In the smaller dungeons and skirmishes, you probably won't have any problems tanking those.

AbyssianOne

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
That seems to be a reasonable setup. I have a OP Protection so I'm definitely not familiar with the Devotion side though. The problem with trying to tank with an OP is that it's pretty hard to generate enough threat to keep something like the Demogorgon interested. I found when I tried to truly "tank" during demo, I would just be ignored. I believe there's a ring that can help with that (can't remember the name off hand). In the smaller dungeons and skirmishes, you probably won't have any problems tanking those.

AbyssianOne

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm what littlebib is saying. Op's set up the correct way can tank but when it comes to the major bosses like edemo or Orcus they can't hold aggro only a gf has the abilities for that. Seems like any op could tank the regular stuff so not sure it's worth it to specialize in that vs a healidin or dps op. Glad to see your wanting to do pvp though as so many people in our guild aren't into it. I am also working on that so let's get together grumble and get our SLAY on!!! Everyone else with interest is welcome just let me know. I still have to get some pvp gear so I'm not quite ready but I'll have it done soon.

Rapture

Matt Riddle

May 29, 2016
Visit site
@rapture, I think Fine AL is looking to start a PvP character, you may look her up next time you see her

@Iccy, I'm going to start a Guardian Fighter, care to share your build? I understand if not and that's kewl.

I have pretty much researched/picked giantsir's build:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12kVe2M_7krSBALTjIGMaABt3aMUHL6rQYJYhiNras-Q/edit?usp=sharing (had to edit because I don't know how to make a hyperlink in this forum.

This is a link to my character sheet I'm trying to fine tune, there are tabs, but only the far right one is inserted atm, if/when you have a chance would you take a look and see if it's viable and provide suggestions or thoughts? I know things are changing for this class soon, so not terribly sure what to do, as it'll probably be after MOD 10 drops before this character would be 70 and good gear.

The things listed in the my guardian fighter sheet are not owned, they are target items I will shoot for.

Thanks,
Matt Riddle, Sceaduo

Firereader

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
thanks for including that Matt. As I said the other day, I did ask for PVP build suggestions here but it did not post. I am not sure what I did wrong. Jim received an email and read it. ???????
so thanks again

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm what littlebib is saying. Op's set up the correct way can tank but when it comes to the major bosses like edemo or Orcus they can't hold aggro only a gf has the abilities for that. Seems like any op could tank the regular stuff so not sure it's worth it to specialize in that vs a healidin or dps op. Glad to see your wanting to do pvp though as so many people in our guild aren't into it. I am also working on that so let's get together grumble and get our SLAY on!!! Everyone else with interest is welcome just let me know. I still have to get some pvp gear so I'm not quite ready but I'll have it done soon.

Rapture

best PVP gear now is Lionsmane and black ice set, would be easier on mod10 when they have a full set in tradebar for purchase (ilvl145) :p

Ill go pvp later .... maybe.... ~

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
@rapture, I think Fine AL is looking to start a PvP character, you may look her up next time you see her

@Iccy, I'm going to start a Guardian Fighter, care to share your build? I understand if not and that's kewl.

I have pretty much researched/picked giantsir's build:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12kVe2M_7krSBALTjIGMaABt3aMUHL6rQYJYhiNras-Q/edit?usp=sharing (had to edit because I don't know how to make a hyperlink in this forum.

This is a link to my character sheet I'm trying to fine tune, there are tabs, but only the far right one is inserted atm, if/when you have a chance would you take a look and see if it's viable and provide suggestions or thoughts? I know things are changing for this class soon, so not terribly sure what to do, as it'll probably be after MOD 10 drops before this character would be 70 and good gear.

The things listed in the my guardian fighter sheet are not owned, they are target items I will shoot for.

Thanks,
Matt Riddle, Sceaduo

i dont mind sharing my build but it will be useless after mod10 lol

Race = Human
Paragon = Swordsmaster
Ability Points = Cons > Str
Stats = Def > Recovery > AP > Deflect > life steal
At-Wills = Weapon Master Strike & Tide of Iron (will be removed on mod10)
Encounter = Lunging strike (might change on mod10), Enforced Threat, Into The Frey, Knights Valor (KV), Commanding Strike
Dailies = Villians Menace (might change on mod10), Fighters Recovery
Passive = Shield Talent (might drop this on mod10) & Steel Defense
Boon = All defensive boons no power/critical
Companion = Chicken is needed & a defender pet with 3 greater bonding runestones (need to change if hit DR80% for mod10)
Artifact = Bruenor Helm & 3 other artifact that has Primary and secondary stats of Recovery & Defense/deflect, 3rd stats can be combat advantage or action point gain. (Artifact might change on mod10 if you hit DR80%)
Weapon = Fire elemental artifact gear (high def)
Neck = Greater Lathander Cloak
Waist = Greater Belt of Constitution
Underwear = For me to know, for you to find out (Applicable for Female only) =P

I think thats about all that i could remember, feat wise i cant remember what i have now only thing i remember is im half protector and half tactician, big changes are coming on mod10, ill be switching soon after next 2x RP or after mod10 when i can confirm the changes.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Some Tips i copied from PWE Forum about Portobello's Event

- Weekly cap is 100 out of 400 adventuring Accredituring each week. Once the weekly 100 is reached your given Unsolicited Advice
- Blank report cards can only be picked up once per weekly dungeon board for the campaign.
- Beholder Personal Tank will not drop till the Portobello's "Artificer's Workshop" dungeon board.
- You'll need 120x Crystal Dice to complete "Die Nation"

Shyvanna

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello, recently joined the guild and i come with a question, just played with a warlock who has all of his ability scores increased by 10 points (35 con, 39 cha, ...) how is that possible, is there some kind of buff or consumable im not aware of?

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site

Yes threat seems to be an issue with ops, my aura of valorous is supposed to generate threat but I think it does not work properly, when I need threat I pop on a ring of charging bull +4

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site

Rapture

Yes pvping grumble might not be a bad idea, I ve a respec token awaiting mod 10, should I just build him like a tank with high control strength and resist? I don't know much about pvp, but I think grumble would be grand at healing a pvp party. Any pvp experts out there?

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello, recently joined the guild and i come with a question, just played with a warlock who has all of his ability scores increased by 10 points (35 con, 39 cha, ...) how is that possible, is there some kind of buff or consumable im not aware of?

Its actually a glitch/bug from Permanent Sahha Ball, using that would give +10 to all ability score, entering battle would revert the changes. Its fixed a few patch back, some players got banned from exploiting this.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Welcome! What's your character name and Gamertag?

Shyvanna

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Its actually a glitch/bug from Permanent Sahha Ball, using that would give +10 to all ability score, entering battle would revert the changes. Its fixed a few patch back, some players got banned from exploiting this.

Actually i keep an eye on his stats while fighting demogorgon, so defenitively not patched

Shyvanna

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome! What's your character name and Gamertag?

GT: Ilindur, Character in the guild is my main: Shyvana Dragonslayer

By the way, i like playing all the roles, for that reason i also have a paladin and a cleric with proper level and ok equipment but focusing in tank role, im thinking about lvling a guardian fighter to replace my paladin, do you think it really worths with the incoming nerf to the class?

Firereader

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
ARC has the information out on the class rebalances that will be done on the update Oct. 18, 2016. There is also some other information up about Storm Kings Thunder and an upcoming interview with the new lead designer, if that interests you. The class balance list for changes are Guardian Fighter, Hunter Ranger and the Scrouge Warlock. I just read Call to arms starts wed. 9-22-16 until mon. 9-26-16 and you can win an armored orc wolf companion and a lot of other things. There is a trailer on ARC.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo