Would You Sell Your Digital Xbox One Games Back To MS For 10% Store Credit?

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
So there is an MS survey floating around asking this question. What do you think?

It's 10% of your purchase price. So the 150.00 I've wasted on Destiny would net me 15.00 and that's assuming we get covered for all that digital deluxe bundles we get suckered into buying.

I think I'd rather get more (20%?) or better yet have an open system like a digital Ebay. Microsoft can run it, even charge me a subscription fee or even take a 10% of the selling price as a commission. I'd even be okay with the money staying in the MS store credit cloud. I think it would be a game changer.

This would be more valuable for those newer titles that you immediately regret because you could ask 30.00 for a 60.00 game. For that reason though I'd imagine they won't do it because a publisher during the first months of a release don't want to compete with a used market place in the digital world.

If it goes the other way, the reason 10% isn't enough is because Gamestop may match that but at least Gamestop has games used for sale cheaper whilst the Xbox store still wants $20 for older digital games I can buy used at Gamestop for $10.

So it still seems like a half measure.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd consider it for really old stuff I haven't played in forever. Really, that just equates to Titanfall, if you can even sell a game from a bundle. I don't buy much digitally, so I wouldn't have much to sell. In Titanfall's case, if I could get $6 for it, fine. I'll end up with EA Access sometime, and in the super-unlikely event I'd want to play the game again, I'd grab it from the Vault.

suburbanl3g3nd

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I want to sell back any of my digital games. As I've gotten older, I find that occasionally I want to come back to a game that I sold and have to re-buy it and it ends up costing more than if I'd just kept it to begin with.

However, if I was able to sell them, I'd want to be able to get 15% or 20% off of current digital price or whatever I paid for it, whichever is less. Or have an option to swap digital titles with other gamers instead [GWG owned titles excluded]. Would be nice to swap Titanfall for OG Destiny for example. And you could post something to a board that just says Titanfall for Destiny. Whoever clicked it first, got the swap.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Only if they did a % based on time. First month of release, 50%, 2-3 months 35-40% and after that 10%...

Now the big question is....10% of what you paid for it, or what the current market value ?

So a game that you paid $60+tax, 6 months ago is now selling for $19.99...you get $2 for it ? Crap, I'd rather keep it then sell it at that point...

I would MUCH prefer if they offered us a way to TRANSFER games to other people. So we could SELL or give one to someone else by just getting their email and sending the game to another user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)