What if the Xbox became the next PC?

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
With PC sales declining in the consumer space, what if Microsoft positioned the Xbox as a PC alternative? Connect a keyboard and mouse and then run UWP Word and Excel. Even a smaller, less powerful unit could handle it. The game machine is also a homework machine. Feasible? Would you use it?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I really doubt if it would be popular. Most households that buy game consoles already have at least one PC in the house.

The main reason for the decline in PC sales is that most households already have a PC that works well enough for their needs. Unless someone has a need for resource intensive programs such as Photoshop, AutoCAD, or the latest PC games, there is no need to buy a new PC as long as the old one still works.

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
"everyone is doing so much on their phones these days."

That's it right there. I know people who don't replace their computers because they do email and Facebook on their phone, and when they need to edit a Word document or something that requires heavy typing or editing, they fire up their old XP computer. I think this is the market that MS is hoping to attract with Continuum on Phones. But I think a game machine that could serve double-duty as a PC could be interesting.

Something to consider...

Tottee

May 30, 2016
Visit site
People now a days are most dependable on Phone rather than PC. Because almost everything is possible by a phone whether don't need a PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxerBoeler