With PC sales declining in the consumer space, what if Microsoft positioned the Xbox as a PC alternative? Connect a keyboard and mouse and then run UWP Word and Excel. Even a smaller, less powerful unit could handle it. The game machine is also a homework machine. Feasible? Would you use it?
    05-29-2016 10:30 PM
    I really doubt if it would be popular. Most households that buy game consoles already have at least one PC in the house.

The main reason for the decline in PC sales is that most households already have a PC that works well enough for their needs. Unless someone has a need for resource intensive programs such as Photoshop, AutoCAD, or the latest PC games, there is no need to buy a new PC as long as the old one still works.
    05-29-2016 10:46 PM
    ....and, everyone is doing so much on their phones these days. Well, everyone except those of us using Windows Phones. Ha ha
    :P
    05-29-2016 10:49 PM
    "everyone is doing so much on their phones these days."

That's it right there. I know people who don't replace their computers because they do email and Facebook on their phone, and when they need to edit a Word document or something that requires heavy typing or editing, they fire up their old XP computer. I think this is the market that MS is hoping to attract with Continuum on Phones. But I think a game machine that could serve double-duty as a PC could be interesting.

Something to consider...
    05-30-2016 08:25 PM
    People now a days are most dependable on Phone rather than PC. Because almost everything is possible by a phone whether don't need a PC.
    05-30-2016 08:51 PM