Xbox One S - Kinect Adapter - Deal killer?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is the requirement for an adapter to use the Kinect with the xbox one s a deal killer?

Or you hardly use kinect?

Lastly why do you think Microsoft has switched from a dedicated proprietary port found one the Xbox 1 to a standard port?

Chime in below!

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had one on my xbox 360, but mainly used it for voice commands. I've been thinking of getting one for my One S, but not sure if I want to spend $100 on a new Kinect + adapter. I kinda wish it just came with the console like it originally did at no extra cost.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice if they simply made a new Kinect that used USB directly.

It would be nice but, a problem, The special cable (USB C I think its called) they used carried power as well as USB. So a standard USB cable would not carry the required power needed to run the Kinect. That is what this addon does, it adds the power and break up the USB 3.0 cable.

Is the requirement for an adapter to use the Kinect with the xbox one s a deal killer?

Or you hardly use kinect?

Lastly why do you think Microsoft has switched from a dedicated proprietary port found one the Xbox 1 to a standard port?

Chime in below!

It's the Kinect adapter for WIndows in a new box.... that is all it is, hide it behind you TV stand, not a big deal. The Nice thing about it is, If you cant stand the limits of the 9' cord on the Kinect, you can buy a GOOD USB 3.0 cable like 15-20' and use it with this.

My Kinect cable is going a little over 20' with everything.... it works perfectly...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6