Hey Cortana XboxOne

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Its it just me or is Cortana on XB1 a joke. Bing search galore instead of actually doing anything!

And if your phone and or surface is in the same room you get bombarded with her on multiple devices. I mean what genius overlooked that?

It has been kind of a let down of an experience with the functionality and its just cumbersome. I shut it off and stayed with the original voice commands. I'm lazy and its easier with less syllables to turn on.

Hope this gets improved and fast.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
they are working on getting the response per device sorted so that not all devices respond
Additionally, Cortana for countries other than US seems not as good hence the bing results all the time

jklier

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn off Cortana on my Xbox. The old Xbox commands have worked near perfectly for a long time. Cortana is like conversing with a drunken sorority girl. "Hey Cortana open Netflix" and she responds with a Bing search for Netflix then refuses to do anything but Bing searches after that. Responds that way about 8 out of 10 times. When she does work it takes 2-3 times longer to initiate the command.

Will try again after a few updates.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
there was a post in the forums about someone getting cortana to work properly by changing something in the registries but that was for pc. It seems like an update switches off cortana and enabled bing search for all situations

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos