EA multiplayer problems and EA denies any issues. Advice?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Need some advice on where to go with this as I'm getting no where quick.

Myself and 2 friends have been trying to connect to our usual games together - Rory McIlroy PGA Tour and FIFA 17. We've had no issues playing with each other online until last weekend.

Now these issues are unique in that we can all connect to the EA servers without a problem. But matchmaking causes odd problems that are easily repeatable for all us. Trying to connect in a head2head, unranked game in PGA for example. I set up the game as usual, I'm in the room and send the invites out. And the moment one of my friends accepts the invite both his game and mine freeze instantly. Forcing us to both do a manual close of the game. It doesn't matter who hosts or tries to play. Each one of the 3 getthe exact same results. But no known issues anywhere online. No issues connecting to the server. We've all rebooted our modems, consoles, deleted and re-added each other on our friends lists etc. EA support over twitter tried a few things and none we decent solutions. Xbox Support chimed in over Twitter teaching me how to manually close a game when it freezes. Like seriously lol..

FIFA also allows us to connect to the servers. But inviting each other to a friendly season online game allows the host to get in fine. But the invited player gets booted back out immediately after accepting.

I've connected to a game with the same friends in NBA 2K17 with zero issues which leads us to think it's EA related. Yet they say there's no issues and we can see other people still playing these games online. We all live in the same city (Toronto) so not sure it's a region thing either.

Any suggestions on where to go for better support? I'd love to continue playing these games online.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Since it's repeatable, record a video with multiple attempts shown (do a split screen merge with you and friend doing the same tests if you can) and post a link to them on twitter :winktongue:.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried connecting to somebody else? see if that works, that would eliminate if there is an issue between just you two or connection overall in an EA game. Connecting meaning able to play an game against somebody else through a manual invite vs. a quickplay if there is one. I dont play golf or fifa ea games so not sure if they do have a quick play option.

I do play madden in a league every year and the last two madden games had major issues with connecting user vs user on the xbox one. It was never acknowledged, but it was a legitimate problem for the xbox one version and not the ps4 version since we've talked to ps4 leagues that had zero issues with connecting. When somebody would send an invite, the other person will either not get it or if they get it an accept, when it gets to the team select screen, it says opponent left. Some egames we would attempt 5-10 times to play a game which is frustrating. A router reset or closing out the game was a hit and miss but eventually ti worked. I dont know if there is the same cause for fifa/golf, but i wouldn't be surprised. Luckily they kind of fixed it this year for madden 17 which we haven't had much issues with setting up games. In the end, i put the blame on the xbox one matchmkaing system since this madden 17 issue problem on ps4. This was an issue that the entire league of 32 owners had problems with, so it def wasn't our connections.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So the issue is actually between 3 of us friends. Any combination of the 3 of trying to play either game fails the same way. Funny enough, in PGA I can see that other people are playing online as there's tournaments are ongoing and scores are being posted. Trying to join other people's open games that are being hosted also causes me to get kicked right back out immediately of their rooms. It fails to let me in.

Unfortunately I've tried all the obvious solutions like rebooting the consoling, clearing cache, cleaning the MAC address, restarting the game, deleting the friends and re-adding them, attempting to start head to games in a party and not in a party, resetting modems and routers etc

I've been ripping EA on Twitter for help but they pretty much give me the run around. Suggesting I post my issues to their online forum. Which btw no one reads or has updated any posts in months (for PGA anyway). So highly doubt anyone will care about this problem. I find it very odd that I can play any other games online so this leads me to believe it's EA related.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So the issue is actually between 3 of us friends. Any combination of the 3 of trying to play either game fails the same way. Funny enough, in PGA I can see that other people are playing online as there's tournaments are ongoing and scores are being posted. Trying to join other people's open games that are being hosted also causes me to get kicked right back out immediately of their rooms. It fails to let me in.

Unfortunately I've tried all the obvious solutions like rebooting the consoling, clearing cache, cleaning the MAC address, restarting the game, deleting the friends and re-adding them, attempting to start head to games in a party and not in a party, resetting modems and routers etc

I've been ripping EA on Twitter for help but they pretty much give me the run around. Suggesting I post my issues to their online forum. Which btw no one reads or has updated any posts in months (for PGA anyway). So highly doubt anyone will care about this problem. I find it very odd that I can play any other games online so this leads me to believe it's EA related.

One way that got my madden games to connect was i told my opponent to invite me first, i know it wouldn't work. I would accept and nothing would happen. Then i would invite them and it would work. One of the keys to actually getting it to work sometimes is when i received the xbox prompt that i got an invite and hold the xbox button to open it up, i never held it, i went to the notifications, opened the invite an daccepted from there. Not sure how you are opening up the invite, but i never held the xbox button to open it up because it never worked.

We are talking about different games, but anything worth a shot.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I know exactly what you're talking about. But I wish it were as simple a fix as this lol. Unfortunately this didn't work for us either. Didn't matter how we accepted the invite in our case.

glenspart

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
The Online Hub in PGA is an absolute joke!
I’ve phoned EA SUPPORT three times now.
This is the instructions they gave me.
1. System - settings - disc & blue-ray - persistent storage - clear Persistent storage 3 times.
2. System - network - network settings - advanced settings - alternate MAC address - Clear - instead of selecting the restart option you actually have to go to the console & press the power button for 5 seconds - leave the console off for 30 seconds the repress the power button on the console.
Once the console reboots the online hub will work but only for one game in simultaneous mode.
Once you’ve completed the game then you have to repeat the process again in order for it to work again.

This is the actual advice from EA sports help line!

Mayor issue!! Demand a refund!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos