Elite Controller USB Cable

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I purchased an Elite controller for my son and the 10 ft USB cable stopped working after only a few weeks.
Can I buy any 10 FT replacement cable?

I called Microsoft and they want my son's gamertag and serial numbers for both the controller and Xbox.

Has anyone had success requesting a replacement cable from Microsoft?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Just about any USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable should work. In very rare instances, you might come across a cable that only charges and won't transfer data, but those are usually very thin, cheap cables. I haven't requested a replacement cable from them, but their returns/exchange department is pretty good. I exchanged a 360 a while back when I had the RRoD and just recently exchanged my pen for my Surface Pro 4. Going through their chat service was pretty simple. They may ask you to send the cable in to get a replacement, but considering cables are so cheap they may just mail you one. Honestly, if it were me, I'd just find another cable since I have a plethora of USB 2.0 and 3.0 cables laying around.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I just order a braided 10 ft cable for only $7. I do have a shorter cable buy my son prefers the longer one.

-Rich

Just about any USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable should work. In very rare instances, you might come across a cable that only charges and won't transfer data, but those are usually very thin, cheap cables. I haven't requested a replacement cable from them, but their returns/exchange department is pretty good. I exchanged a 360 a while back when I had the RRoD and just recently exchanged my pen for my Surface Pro 4. Going through their chat service was pretty simple. They may ask you to send the cable in to get a replacement, but considering cables are so cheap they may just mail you one. Honestly, if it were me, I'd just find another cable since I have a plethora of USB 2.0 and 3.0 cables laying around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers