I'm going to buy a xbox one s in the next 3 days.
    What i would need and need to do to get playing(set it up) without any hassle and as quickly as possible? (installing games,settings, updates etc)
    (this will be my first xbox)
    (also, I'm not facing any issues, I just need a heads up. Drop your comments)
    Drael646464 likes this.
    05-11-2017 09:44 AM
    Just internet service. It has built in wifi, but I always hardwire mine for the best performance.

Other than that, it comes with everything you need, assuming your TV has an HDMI input. On power up, it may download and install an update. Then it will walk you through the setup, i.e. TV resolution, audio options, etc. It's pretty simple.

A rechargeable battery pack for the controller is a good addition. You'll use up a lot of AA batteries without one.

And to really get the most out of it, an XBox Live Gold subscription is a must. Normally $100/yr, but you can get the cards on sale sometimes (check Amazon) for less. There should be a trial subscription card included with the console. You only need one paid acct per family, and everyone else can have their own free id's and still play anything you've purchased and play online multiplayer as long as the paid acct remains on that console. You don't even have to be signed in - just present on the console. It'll make sense when you see it.
    Fire 29 likes this.
    05-11-2017 10:24 AM
    Just internet service. It has built in wifi, but I always hardwire mine for the best performance.

Other than that, it comes with everything you need, assuming your TV has an HDMI input. On power up, it may download and install an update. Then it will walk you through the setup, i.e. TV resolution, audio options, etc. It's pretty simple.

A rechargeable battery pack for the controller is a good addition. You'll use up a lot of AA batteries without one.

And to really get the most out of it, an XBox Live Gold subscription is a must. Normally $100/yr, but you can get the cards on sale sometimes (check Amazon) for less. There should be a trial subscription card included with the console. You only need one paid acct per family, and everyone else can have their own free id's and still play anything you've purchased and play online multiplayer as long as the paid acct remains on that console. You don't even have to be signed in - just present on the console. It'll make sense when you see it.
    Thanks. These are pretty useful pieces of info. Thanks for the help
    05-11-2017 10:35 AM
    Re:XBLive - This is exactly what I do...

Either amazon or ebay.

With amazon you know it's good but have to wait for the card to arrive with ebay its probably good.

Here's the link to it on amazon where it's $55

Regards

Steph
    05-17-2017 06:37 AM
    Fire29 how was your Xbox One experience so far?
    06-04-2017 02:42 PM
    I'm going to buy a xbox one s in the next 3 days.
    What i would need and need to do to get playing(set it up) without any hassle and as quickly as possible? (installing games,settings, updates etc)
    (this will be my first xbox)
    (also, I'm not facing any issues, I just need a heads up. Drop your comments)
    I would also recommend getting a decent headset for online gaming and an external hard drive to store additional games/apps/media on. I have a 1TB XB1s and you cannot believe how quickly you can fill up the internal storage.
    06-04-2017 05:45 PM