08-02-2017 01:22 AM
123 12345
tools
    Not now and not at that price.
    DJCBS likes this.
    06-12-2017 03:35 PM
    I'm gonna upgrade my PC instead, as that will be much better than an Xbox One X in my eyes. For people that have an Xbox One, the Xbox One X is a great step up.
    06-12-2017 04:00 PM
    I might eventually get one, but the $499 price is a no go for me. I upgraded my X1 to an X1S a few months ago during a flash sale at gamestop that made it an even trade, and love it. I enjoy both UHD discs and streaming, but have noticed that HDR is significantly more important than static resolution, which is already available on the X1S. I was hoping and praying that MS would announce Dolby Vision HDR support now that it can be implemented in software instead of a dedicated chip like my TV has.
    Whoa whoa whoa. When did THIS happen? I have a super chunky black OG Xbox One and I want the S that looks so much nicer. Will there be another "flash sale" trade-in?

As for the X, I don't understand the purpose. Sure, it's gonna provide extra graphics power, but beyond that, it seems the exact same as the S. It would be cool if it could run full Windows 10, since mouse and keyboard support is supposedly coming. That would be a true game changer for sure, because only then will it compete with similarly-specced laptops, and only then will I consider buying one.
    06-12-2017 04:51 PM
    Yeap. My nephews asked for a OneS for xmas despite my warning OneX was coming. And I just gave my One to my youngest nephew. So now I need to replace it but have been holding out until news of OneX came. And here we are. I will definitely be picking one up! I'm glad I waited on a Roku device to get 4K Vudu support as they announced their One S app is 4K capable.
    06-12-2017 05:25 PM
    No.
    Guest_aotf likes this.
    06-12-2017 05:28 PM
    Just to be clear, the XBOX ONE X does not just add "extra graphics power".

Xbox One X is a generational leap over the current Xbox One.

Also, this console along with the PS4 Pro is a new breed of mid generation refresh that if successful will turn the game console industry into a more "smartphone" like business.

It's both good and bad.

Think of the Xbox One as the vanilla iPhone 6, the Xbox One S as the iPhone SE and the Xbox One X as the iPhone 6S.
    This is the business model that I think Microsoft and Sony is looking into.
    06-12-2017 06:12 PM
    Day one purchase, like the Launch XBox One, the S and my ps4pro.
    Its the same price as the original One, but 5 times as powerful and 20 times as beautiful.
    06-12-2017 06:54 PM
    Just to be clear, the XBOX ONE X does not just add "extra graphics power".

Xbox One X is a generational leap over the current Xbox One.

Also, this console along with the PS4 Pro is a new breed of mid generation refresh that if successful will turn the game console industry into a more "smartphone" like business.

It's both good and bad.

Think of the Xbox One as the vanilla iPhone 6, the Xbox One S as the iPhone SE and the Xbox One X as the iPhone 6S.
    This is the business model that I think Microsoft and Sony is looking into.
    I respect and understand your opinion. However, provide more details: how is it a generational leap? What else does it provide other than "extra graphics power"?
    techiez likes this.
    06-12-2017 07:17 PM
    NO

The $500 price is not too much but saying its a "True 4k Machine" is not going to be accurate.

The Xbox One X might be 4k capable but it will not be a uncompromised experience. To hit 4k there will be compromises made (frame-rate, textures, dynamic scaling, etc) To think otherwise is pretty naive.

How many games on the Xbox One hit 1080p? Very very very few. 95+% of games run at lower than 1080p with 30fps and many other cuts (textures, lighting, etc).

Xbox One X will be in the same situation with 4k. 6 TFLOPS is not enough for an uncompromised experience.

This is why I wont be buying in until the price drops to $300.

Furthermore I find this quote rather absurd:

Ummm no, not sure where and how he builds computers but the specs of the XB1X are at most $800 machine.
    You're forgetting a number of things. Some Xbox games in the past weren't well optimised to take advantage of Xbox One's (or S') power. Blame that on developers. Also, games that will be running in 4K(60) are likely to be extremely optimised to achieve that, so saying it's impossible without ruining the experience to get there is rather naive. Consoles have always had superior means of optimisations that can't be compared to their PC counterparts. That's why it's completely fair to compare a $1500 machine with the One X. I have a $1200 gaming PC which performs and provides image quality far worse than most games ever did on the Xbox One. That's why I'm seriously considering buying the One X, because I'm really tired of pouring money into PCs only to get horrible, buggy and laggy gaming experience despite having the power, only because of poor console game ports.
    06-12-2017 07:50 PM
    NO

The $500 price is not too much but saying its a "True 4k Machine" is not going to be accurate.

The Xbox One X might be 4k capable but it will not be a uncompromised experience. To hit 4k there will be compromises made (frame-rate, textures, dynamic scaling, etc) To think otherwise is pretty naive.

How many games on the Xbox One hit 1080p? Very very very few. 95+% of games run at lower than 1080p with 30fps and many other cuts (textures, lighting, etc).

Xbox One X will be in the same situation with 4k. 6 TFLOPS is not enough for an uncompromised experience.

This is why I wont be buying in until the price drops to $300.

Furthermore I find this quote rather absurd:

Ummm no, not sure where and how he builds computers but the specs of the XB1X are at most $800 machine.
    Its not about the specs, but a 800$ PC would not match XB1Xs performance. Console optimized games can run quite a bit faster than on iso-spec PCs.
    06-12-2017 07:55 PM
    You may want to look up the definition of "poll".

This is not a poll. This is a discussion.
    DJCBS and Rahsna Asurac like this.
    06-12-2017 08:15 PM
    I doubt it, last Xbox I owned was a 360, and if I want to do anything other than play games I have to have a Gold account on top of the $500 tag and $60+ games.
    Guest_aotf likes this.
    06-12-2017 09:10 PM
    I will be pre-ordering. I've owned a 4K TV for two years and I've been itching for true 4K gaming. I also dig the backwards compatibility, all my accessories working, and the fact that I'm going to be able to patch older games to look better.

And honestly, this move feels like a company actually taking care of the customer for once and giving us what we want, like back in the day when we all got our 360s repaired way, way beyond any reasonable warranty period.
    06-12-2017 10:55 PM
    Is it just me who thinks Project Scorpio was overhyped atleast by the look of coverage given by WC and in the end it was damp on the VR/AR scene and ended up as just a bump in specs.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    06-12-2017 11:36 PM
    Getting an Xbox X at launch. Have 2xXbox One's and HD tv's but want to get a HDR for the living room before or when XBox X ships.
    06-13-2017 01:00 AM
    Is that..... Lube?
    06-13-2017 03:12 AM
    I've always bought one or two of each XBOX model. I mostly play on my PC, but why not add this to the collection? Not going to sleep on the sidewalk to get it though...
    06-13-2017 03:29 AM
    I'll see what the trade in value for my One S and fat Xbox is. I'll probably still jump on the x. Need a new tv though too.
    06-13-2017 04:05 AM
    With the Xbox One X again arriving as a black model the chances of me buying one increased exponentially.
    And at 500.- it'll most likely be cheaper than my US to Switzerland imported Xbox One Day 1 Edition.

Kinda bummed for them, again, not integrating a dedicated Kinect Port - AFAIK that adapter is HUGE.
    06-13-2017 04:27 AM
    No, but I'm a PC gamer, if I go console I'm going Playstation because that's what my friends are on.
    DJCBS and Muessig like this.
    06-13-2017 04:51 AM
    You're forgetting a number of things. Some Xbox games in the past weren't well optimised to take advantage of Xbox One's (or S') power. Blame that on developers. Also, games that will be running in 4K(60) are likely to be extremely optimised to achieve that, so saying it's impossible without ruining the experience to get there is rather naive. Consoles have always had superior means of optimisations that can't be compared to their PC counterparts. That's why it's completely fair to compare a $1500 machine with the One X. I have a $1200 gaming PC which performs and provides image quality far worse than most games ever did on the Xbox One. That's why I'm seriously considering buying the One X, because I'm really tired of pouring money into PCs only to get horrible, buggy and laggy gaming experience despite having the power, only because of poor console game ports.
    Some games not optimized to to take advantage of Xbox Ones power?? Maybe one or two like GTA 5 but no almost all console games are optimized.
    Every single game this generation that is cross platform runs better on a PS4, not because of optimization, but because it has more horsepower. Even then PS4 games dont always run in full 1080p.

And now you think some kind of magic is going to happen where developers do extra special optimizations to get games to run at 4K/60fps with great textures and lighting????

PS4, XB1, XB1X are all running the same CPU and GPU architectures. There is no special sauce that will magically make XB1X run games at 4k.

You are going to be very very disappointed.
    ZantReve likes this.
    06-13-2017 09:53 AM
    Definitely going to look at buying one but first I want to upgrade my TV to a 4K HDR OLED one so will have to see what's out around that time and what pricing is like here in Australia.
    06-13-2017 10:37 AM
    60% Yes right now. The annoyances of pc gaming are starting to get to me. I do enjoy it, but the maintenance is a bit of a headache, and a lot of the "Advantages" aren't important to me. I'm a sysadmin all day, I don't want to be one at home as well.
    06-13-2017 10:38 AM
    Not right away. I don't have a 4K TV and don't really see a need for one now. I'm sure I'll get one eventually though.
    06-13-2017 10:53 AM
    Yes I'm going to get one
    06-13-2017 11:42 AM
123 12345