Are you going to shell out $500 (or more) for Xbox One X?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I will buy one but will wait for it go down to maybe $300

I have a One S now which was purchased last Black Friday.

And I just recently acquired Sony 49X800E with 4K HDR so I have a compelling reason to get a X1X.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I've always been a PC player, though recently I'm getting more and more interested in consoles as my PC is mostly for work.

I was waiting for Xbox One X but as most exclusives are W10 too, I think I'm going to invest into PS4 Pro. As a PC player there are not many incentives to buy Xbox I think.

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally have a reason to upgrade my Xbox One "Day One Edition". Now I am ready to get a 4K TV.

Hey all,

It’s official! The “Project Scorpio” Xbox is called Xbox One X. And it’s pretty, pretty, pretty damn impressive, at least in my opinion. There’s glorious 4K support. It’s powered by eight CPU cores clocked at 2.3GHz, 12GB of GDDR5 RAM and a GPU packing 40 Radeon compute units running at 1172 MHz. (Check out a full list of specs here.)

But there’s also a pretty, pretty, pretty hefty price tag associated with Xbox One X.

So, the big question: Are you going to buy the new console? Do you feel like it’s worth $500 (or more depending on the different models that are released? If so, will you preorder it as soon as possible? And if not, why not?

I’m on the fence. I don’t own a 4K TV, so that’s no huge draw for me. The price is not insignificant, and I’m not sure I really need everything the Xbox One X has to offer.

Your turn! Let us know whether or not you plan to be an Xbox One X owner.

DEEP NNN

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I am going to get the XB1X. As soon as it's available too.

When Nov. 2018 passes by, no one will be questioning the worth of owning this console. Don't sit on the fence wringing your hands wondering if it's the correct decision. In inflated dollars, it's probably a better deal than XB1 was on release day.

I've already acquired a 2017 4K UHD HDR WCG TV. That's how confident I am in XBOX 4K gaming.

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
yes, 2 please...just waiting on pre-oder links to go up.

Also, have a reason upgrade to the Epson 5040UB, hopefully the successor to the 5040UB, the 5050UB(?) comes out before Nov 7.

I game on a 115" projector (Dolby,Atmos), looking forward to 4k at 115".

Kretenn

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm just concerned with lack of support considering that more people will end up buying PS4 Pro and they failed even worse than Sony presenting a case why you should buy one.

ZantReve

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm gonna upgrade my PC instead, as that will be much better than an Xbox One X in my eyes. For people that have an Xbox One, the Xbox One X is a great step up.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I might eventually get one, but the $499 price is a no go for me. I upgraded my X1 to an X1S a few months ago during a flash sale at gamestop that made it an even trade, and love it. I enjoy both UHD discs and streaming, but have noticed that HDR is significantly more important than static resolution, which is already available on the X1S. I was hoping and praying that MS would announce Dolby Vision HDR support now that it can be implemented in software instead of a dedicated chip like my TV has.

Whoa whoa whoa. When did THIS happen? I have a super chunky black OG Xbox One and I want the S that looks so much nicer. Will there be another "flash sale" trade-in?

As for the X, I don't understand the purpose. Sure, it's gonna provide extra graphics power, but beyond that, it seems the exact same as the S. It would be cool if it could run full Windows 10, since mouse and keyboard support is supposedly coming. That would be a true game changer for sure, because only then will it compete with similarly-specced laptops, and only then will I consider buying one.

RayWP7

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeap. My nephews asked for a OneS for xmas despite my warning OneX was coming. And I just gave my One to my youngest nephew. So now I need to replace it but have been holding out until news of OneX came. And here we are. I will definitely be picking one up! I'm glad I waited on a Roku device to get 4K Vudu support as they announced their One S app is 4K capable.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear, the XBOX ONE X does not just add "extra graphics power".

Xbox One X is a generational leap over the current Xbox One.

Also, this console along with the PS4 Pro is a new breed of mid generation refresh that if successful will turn the game console industry into a more "smartphone" like business.

It's both good and bad.

Think of the Xbox One as the vanilla iPhone 6, the Xbox One S as the iPhone SE and the Xbox One X as the iPhone 6S.
This is the business model that I think Microsoft and Sony is looking into.

Zybch

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Day one purchase, like the Launch XBox One, the S and my ps4pro.
Its the same price as the original One, but 5 times as powerful and 20 times as beautiful.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, the XBOX ONE X does not just add "extra graphics power".

Xbox One X is a generational leap over the current Xbox One.

Also, this console along with the PS4 Pro is a new breed of mid generation refresh that if successful will turn the game console industry into a more "smartphone" like business.

It's both good and bad.

Think of the Xbox One as the vanilla iPhone 6, the Xbox One S as the iPhone SE and the Xbox One X as the iPhone 6S.
This is the business model that I think Microsoft and Sony is looking into.

I respect and understand your opinion. However, provide more details: how is it a generational leap? What else does it provide other than "extra graphics power"?

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
NO

The $500 price is not too much but saying its a "True 4k Machine" is not going to be accurate.

The Xbox One X might be 4k capable but it will not be a uncompromised experience. To hit 4k there will be compromises made (frame-rate, textures, dynamic scaling, etc) To think otherwise is pretty naive.

How many games on the Xbox One hit 1080p? Very very very few. 95+% of games run at lower than 1080p with 30fps and many other cuts (textures, lighting, etc).

Xbox One X will be in the same situation with 4k. 6 TFLOPS is not enough for an uncompromised experience.

This is why I wont be buying in until the price drops to $300.

Furthermore I find this quote rather absurd:

Ummm no, not sure where and how he builds computers but the specs of the XB1X are at most $800 machine.

You're forgetting a number of things. Some Xbox games in the past weren't well optimised to take advantage of Xbox One's (or S') power. Blame that on developers. Also, games that will be running in 4K(60) are likely to be extremely optimised to achieve that, so saying it's impossible without ruining the experience to get there is rather naive. Consoles have always had superior means of optimisations that can't be compared to their PC counterparts. That's why it's completely fair to compare a $1500 machine with the One X. I have a $1200 gaming PC which performs and provides image quality far worse than most games ever did on the Xbox One. That's why I'm seriously considering buying the One X, because I'm really tired of pouring money into PCs only to get horrible, buggy and laggy gaming experience despite having the power, only because of poor console game ports.

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
NO

The $500 price is not too much but saying its a "True 4k Machine" is not going to be accurate.

The Xbox One X might be 4k capable but it will not be a uncompromised experience. To hit 4k there will be compromises made (frame-rate, textures, dynamic scaling, etc) To think otherwise is pretty naive.

How many games on the Xbox One hit 1080p? Very very very few. 95+% of games run at lower than 1080p with 30fps and many other cuts (textures, lighting, etc).

Xbox One X will be in the same situation with 4k. 6 TFLOPS is not enough for an uncompromised experience.

This is why I wont be buying in until the price drops to $300.

Furthermore I find this quote rather absurd:

Ummm no, not sure where and how he builds computers but the specs of the XB1X are at most $800 machine.

Its not about the specs, but a 800$ PC would not match XB1Xs performance. Console optimized games can run quite a bit faster than on iso-spec PCs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans