Thoughts on the name?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What does everyone think about the decision to name it "Xbox One X"?

I think it's interesting that they chose to simplify the Surface naming scheme by naming the Surface Pro "5" "The Surface Pro" (2017). Yet they're almost further complicating the scheme of Xbox names.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I think if I were going to name it with an X, I'd have put an "F" in front of the X = FX (or maybe 4FX = 4K Effects)

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It's funny because I thought of this name many months ago because of all the wordplay. I thought it fit Microsoft's nomenclature, naming scheme, Microsoft history, and Xbox history. There's at least 6 ways that the name ties in with the Xbox One family, Windows 10, Microsoft and Xbox history, the colloquial meaning and connotative meaning of the letter X, etc.

So you can imagine how excited I was that the name was actually chosen. If anyone doubts that I picked it months ago, visit another forum that I post to and check the dates. It'll definitely vindicate me. haha

derrieger

May 17, 2017
Visit site
As all together it says Xbox I think it's amazing

I doubt this was the intention as MS isn't good at naming, at all. But yes, (X)(B)ox(O)ne(X) spells XBOX. At least, they didn't stick to "Scorpio" which reminds me of the villain in a "Simpsons" episode: "He loves German beeeer."

HBLEY

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Should have a series name. Like 1 then 2, then 3 and 4 and 5.

They came up with 360, then moved to one, then they name it project scorpio and now at e3 they called it X.

WTF is in their mind?

See how simple the rule is at Sony. PS 1 2 3 4 and then a tweaked up console came in with 4 Pro name. Simple. Elegant. less confusing!

HBLEY

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Talking about the specs, it sounds more powerful. But all these specs are on paper as of today, untill I experience it on my 4k tv. I have used PS4 Pro and I am impressed by it. Let's see what Xbox one X has to offer now.

Isaac_Hanninen

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
how is no one seeing OX when they look at the name? like a bull? I guess it's just me. Then I think Taurus when I hear/see Scorpio. Which just makes me think that since there is a lot of association here that the "X" should be turned into an Ox head with the horns as the top of the "X" and then the rest of the face being filled out with rest of the letter.

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
It's fine. I think Xbox One Elite would have been better had they not blown that name already. I suspect that after this console they just start calling it Xbox.

derrieger

May 17, 2017
Visit site
To be fair, 'Scorpio' was just a name for a project. The first iPhone was called 'Purple', imagine they had launched it as 'Apple Purple Phone'. XD
The 'One S' also follows the Apple scheme of adding a simple 'S' to hardware revisions of the same model.
For the 'X', they couldn't have named it a lot differently, because it's still an 'XBox One', compatibility-wise. And there was no numbering scheme before, just a 'One' and a 'One S'. Would the 'X' have been the 'One 2' or the 'One 3'?

And at last, the PlayStation naming scheme can easily be called boring and dull.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05