Worth upgrading from an Xbox 1S?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So i have a xbox one s and was wondering if you feel it is worth upgrading from to the new xbox? I have a 4K tv, but not sure how much of an improvement I would notice between the one s and the one x in 4k movies and games? Thoughts?

bortovic

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
So i have a xbox one s and was wondering if you feel it is worth upgrading from to the new xbox? I have a 4K tv, but not sure how much of an improvement I would notice between the one s and the one x in 4k movies and games? Thoughts?

if u plan to buy lots of games then maybe it worth but if u are an occasional player, then maybe not.
the X version basically has better hardware to get better visuals for the game. maybe u enjoy the game with better visuals? maybe u like with weaker visuals and in this case u dont upgrade.

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm sure the good folks here at Window Central will do a review comparing the two and stating the advantage for upgrading or not.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It really depends, the fact that you have a 4k TV makes you the prime audience for an Xbox One X.

It's also worth pointing out that while many say that this is a "mid-generation console refresh" the Xbox One X is essentially a generation ahead in terms of hardware upgrades when compared to the Xbox One S.

While the Ps4 Pro was more of a true "mid-generation refresh" because it wasn't actually a true 4k machine. It's more like a 2k machine, the Xbox One X can do native 4k.

If this business strategy works, we can see more refreshes within 2-3 years from both Sony and Microsoft.

This is why Microsoft is adamant about making games backwards and forwards compatible.
They essentially want to kill the usual 5 year console cycle in favor of a more smartphone like business model.

This is both good and bad haha

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It really depends, the fact that you have a 4k TV makes you the prime audience for an Xbox One X.

It's also worth pointing out that while many say that this is a "mid-generation console refresh" the Xbox One X is essentially a generation ahead in terms of hardware upgrades when compared to the Xbox One S.

While the Ps4 Pro was more of a true "mid-generation refresh" because it wasn't actually a true 4k machine. It's more like a 2k machine, the Xbox One X can do native 4k.

If this business strategy works, we can see more refreshes within 2-3 years from both Sony and Microsoft.

This is why Microsoft is adamant about making games backwards and forwards compatible.
They essentially want to kill the usual 5 year console cycle in favor of a more smartphone like business model.

This is both good and bad haha

I agree. I just feel with consoles it will be a harder sell on a smartphone type upgrade rather than the normal 5 or so years.

beckyadney

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
If you want a Gaming PC but cannot afford it. This is the upgrade you want. It's a huge improvement on specs without he crazy price tag of a pc

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
While everyone mentions visuals, I rarely see anyone mention the performance improvement. This will be my main reason for getting one as I do not have a 4K TV or monitor.

I have a One S now and some times feels like it was a downgrade to my Elite as I had a hybrid SSD (built in). Only reason I got it was because of the size.

Also with the 100 person servers coming for PUBG, I'm sure they it'll need all the power of the XoX.