So i have a xbox one s and was wondering if you feel it is worth upgrading from to the new xbox? I have a 4K tv, but not sure how much of an improvement I would notice between the one s and the one x in 4k movies and games? Thoughts?
    06-19-2017 02:01 PM
    So i have a xbox one s and was wondering if you feel it is worth upgrading from to the new xbox? I have a 4K tv, but not sure how much of an improvement I would notice between the one s and the one x in 4k movies and games? Thoughts?

if u plan to buy lots of games then maybe it worth but if u are an occasional player, then maybe not.
    the X version basically has better hardware to get better visuals for the game. maybe u enjoy the game with better visuals? maybe u like with weaker visuals and in this case u dont upgrade.
    06-19-2017 02:24 PM
    I don't think it'll be worth it unless you're coming from a 360.
    06-19-2017 03:38 PM
    I'm sure the good folks here at Window Central will do a review comparing the two and stating the advantage for upgrading or not.
    06-19-2017 04:01 PM
    HDR is arguably the more noticeable visual upgrade. Does your TV do HDR? If not, I'd just start saving for an HDR set instead.
    06-19-2017 06:01 PM
    It really depends, the fact that you have a 4k TV makes you the prime audience for an Xbox One X.

It's also worth pointing out that while many say that this is a "mid-generation console refresh" the Xbox One X is essentially a generation ahead in terms of hardware upgrades when compared to the Xbox One S.

While the Ps4 Pro was more of a true "mid-generation refresh" because it wasn't actually a true 4k machine. It's more like a 2k machine, the Xbox One X can do native 4k.

If this business strategy works, we can see more refreshes within 2-3 years from both Sony and Microsoft.

This is why Microsoft is adamant about making games backwards and forwards compatible.
    They essentially want to kill the usual 5 year console cycle in favor of a more smartphone like business model.

This is both good and bad haha
    06-19-2017 08:52 PM
    It really depends, the fact that you have a 4k TV makes you the prime audience for an Xbox One X.

It's also worth pointing out that while many say that this is a "mid-generation console refresh" the Xbox One X is essentially a generation ahead in terms of hardware upgrades when compared to the Xbox One S.

While the Ps4 Pro was more of a true "mid-generation refresh" because it wasn't actually a true 4k machine. It's more like a 2k machine, the Xbox One X can do native 4k.

If this business strategy works, we can see more refreshes within 2-3 years from both Sony and Microsoft.

This is why Microsoft is adamant about making games backwards and forwards compatible.
    They essentially want to kill the usual 5 year console cycle in favor of a more smartphone like business model.

This is both good and bad haha
    I agree. I just feel with consoles it will be a harder sell on a smartphone type upgrade rather than the normal 5 or so years.
    06-20-2017 10:38 AM
    If you want a Gaming PC but cannot afford it. This is the upgrade you want. It's a huge improvement on specs without he crazy price tag of a pc
    07-07-2017 10:48 AM
    I wonder if MS or video game stores will be offering trade ins.
    08-13-2017 10:21 AM
    While everyone mentions visuals, I rarely see anyone mention the performance improvement. This will be my main reason for getting one as I do not have a 4K TV or monitor.

I have a One S now and some times feels like it was a downgrade to my Elite as I had a hybrid SSD (built in). Only reason I got it was because of the size.

Also with the 100 person servers coming for PUBG, I'm sure they it'll need all the power of the XoX.
    08-28-2017 12:23 PM