Hi all.

I'm thinking of getting an Xbox One, or Xbox One S, as more of a multimedia device rather than for gaming (although I may be tempted to buy a game or two at some point..!).

As well as using it as a DVD player, the main use I envisage would be to use the Sky Go (TV from Sky) app. Does anybody use this particular app on their Xbox One or Xbox One S and, if so, how do you rate it? Does it work well, or is it constantly crashing and/or buffering which makes it pretty much unusable? I'm thinking more for live sports streaming such as football and Formula 1. Also, is the app available with a free Xbox Live account, or would I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription?

How do some of the other catch-up services work on it, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, etc? Other streaming services, i.e. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video? Again, are these available with a free Xbox Live account, or would I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription?

I guess these questions are mainly directed at UK users as I assume such content is not available outside of the UK.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Paul
    08-05-2017 07:47 AM