Soooooo, you preordering Xbox One X standard edition?

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
https://www.windowscentral.com/poll-are-you-preordering-microsofts-xbox-one-x-standard-editionIt looks like today is the big day: Xbox One X standard edition preorders are supposed to go live at some point, though it's still unclear when. I'm putting my $$$$ on later this afternoon Eastern Time.

I already preordered my Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, so I won't be placing any preorders today. But if I'd missed out on that, I'd be all over today's sale. (If you do plan to order one, you really ought to do so quickly. The Project Scorpio Edition sold out FAST, and this might end up in a similar situation.)

What say you? Do you plan to preorder? Why or why not? The $500 price tag is not insignificant by any means. But the new Xbox also looks very impressive.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
There is absolutely no incentive for me to buy one. It costs the same as our current Xbox did, but IT came with the Kinect (which, of course, is now virtually useless--thanks, Microsoft). There is nothing about this new one that we need or want. We don't have a 4K TV and we don't play games on it. No value-added features that would entice us to spend another $500.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It's in the post .... If you're using an ad blocker, you might not see it. But it's there. Promise.

Microsoft Edge (and probably other browsers) blocks the poll because it's on insecure protocol. Click the shield icon in the address bar to unblock it.

Took me a while to figure it out until I noticed the icon up top.

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I was monitoring the Project Scorpio preorder page daily. It started with a preorder button that linked to a #buy bookmark, at the bookmark it had the price and "coming soon". A week later the price disappeared. A couple of weeks after that the button disappeared (bookmark remained). Page still had Project Scorpio all over it. Yesterday the Project Scorpio stuff was all replaced with the standard edition.

The local Microsoft employees have pilfered ALL of the allocated Project Scorpio units.

Today it shows "buy online" with 5 retailers, none of which actually have it listed. Utter incompetence in addition to the above fraud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3