What do you think of Cuphead so far?

Matt Brown

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So after a few (billion?) years of waiting, Cuphead is finally available on Xbox One! Pretty excited to spend some more time with the game this weekend, but been wondering what you guys are thinking so far?

As I said back at Gamescom (and Jez said in our review) the game is really hard, so wondering if I'll ever actually end up completing it though 🤔

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Game is awesome, I've managed to complete it. Not for everyone, though. My sister quit after first boss battle. I won't spoil, but before end battle you have a choice, which is nice, weapons add to spice things up, and tip: go for the health upgrade. Overall it's really short, but if you die a lot you'll have to complete it in a much much longer period. Game is hard but satisfying, especially when you win a battle, so much fun. After completing you can play it till you perfect stats, even play in co-op, nice! Gameplay reminds me a bit of old Pc games, like Prehistorik, Pandemonium and Pitfall. Great game, games nowadays are too easy, COD, Battlefield, etc, where you have infinite health and can't possibly fail so much. This is game for quick reflexes, lots of patience and brain, things that modern gamers sadly lack. :eek:rly:

Branden Jones1

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
So after a few (billion?) years of waiting, Cuphead is finally available on Xbox One! Pretty excited to spend some more time with the game this weekend, but been wondering what you guys are thinking so far?

As I said back at Gamescom (and Jez said in our review) the game is really hard, so wondering if I'll ever actually end up completing it though 🤔
I love it so far. It's challenging but fair

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Never in my life have i enjoyed dying and repeating the same gameplay.

Microsoft need to acquire MDHR Studios and make cuphead their new mascot.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Man it's so hard.
Maybe because I am older or games are generally easier these days but I suck at it.

I want to play it but I don't have time to dedicate to improving and memorising patterns currently so it will have to be shelved for some time until I can get on it properly....sadly could be a while as just had a baby!!

ucyimDa_Ruler

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The game is simply amazing and hard. Whatever you do keep the difficulty at regular. It is worth trying to figure out the mechanics of the game without cheesing your way through.

I did find two bugs though and one cheese tactic.

Anyone find any hidden secrets? And I still need to find the hidden coins.

Topher Lund

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
I have managed to pass only the 1st two levels so far. It has gotten me so frustrated, yet I keep going back for more thinking, "Just one more try." Despite my many failures, I really enjoy the game and animation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3