Now the dust has settled, what do you think of Cuphead?

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Cuphead has been getting a lot of positive buzz across the industry, social media, and regular media, and I personally enjoyed it a lot.

If you picked up Cuphead, how do you feel about it? Think it's too hard? Not hard enough? Good value at $20? etc. :grin:

Cale Hunt

WC Staff Writer
Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I can only play for about 30 minutes at a time before breaking a controller becomes a risk. Can't stop going back to it, however. And finally beating a level is so sweet.

xbottoss

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
I have really loved it. I was initially worried about the hype train rolling over this game. The games concept of reviving run and gun seemed to me destined to fail. But Cuphead has blowin my mind on how well run and gun and old cartoon style meshes. The difficulty fits incredible well into the concept of Cuphead, which I believe is the most important aspect in the implementation of difficulty.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Cuphead has been getting a lot of positive buzz across the industry, social media, and regular media, and I personally enjoyed it a lot.

If you picked up Cuphead, how do you feel about it? Think it's too hard? Not hard enough? Good value at $20? etc. :grin:

I find it difficult but not impossible. I don't think any level or boss has taken me more than 10-20 minutes (which might be considered a long time since most bosses or levels can be beaten in 2-3 mins). IMO, the difficulty is just right. Then again, I am starting world 3, so let's see if I'm pulling my hair out by the end lol.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I think I found a glitch... Played Forest Follies on Xbox and got 4/5 coins. Played again on PC and got the 5th coin, but it still says 4/5 coins have been collected. And now, if you play through again, there are no coins to collect on that level.

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

First let me say that it's a good value at $20, the game is beautiful and the music is amazing. But I do find it very difficult for non-gamers. My wife and young kids can't play the game because it's way to difficult. I think it just start a little easier and get harder as the levels go on. This is why Mario Bros. is to this day one of the best side scrollers. when you say sky level or lava level you know its going to hard.

Still all in all Cuphead is one of the best games I played in awhile

Dwayne Haynes

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

It has been an amazing value for the amount of fun I have been having with it. It is challenging but fun.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I think I'm enjoying it primarily for it's art and music style as I love the 1930s Max Fleisher and Disney Cartoons.

The game play is hard but it reminds me of the older platformers from the NES and SNES that I still enjoy today. I do think that they need to work on the parry mechanic though as it doesn't always work but other than that I really am enjoying it

Prohibited 11

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
This game should never have been released for PC. Cuphead is virtually impossible to control, and I have played 6 hours and completed one level.

I don't think the actual game is that hard but you'll never win unless you master the controls.

I'm giving it 6 more hours and if I do not progress I am deleting it.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This game should never have been released for PC. Cuphead is virtually impossible to control, and I have played 6 hours and completed one level.

I don't think the actual game is that hard but you'll never win unless you master the controls.

I'm giving it 6 more hours and if I do not progress I am deleting it.

You can use an Xbox Controller on PC which makes Cuphead infinitely more playable. My guess is that you are one of those people who just finds it way too hard, personally I don't but having been a gamer since the ZX Spectrum era.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium