Partial HDR support for LG TV?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG 60UF7300 and it has an option for Deep Colour (10-bit colour) and Wide Colour Gamut, both of which are components that make up HDR, AFAIK. According to Xbox website, and every LG-related article I can find, if the TV supports those, you can use them.

On the Xbox, it shows partial HDR support for video, and no support for games... However these seem to be inconsistent if I restart the TV, sometimes it will show no support at all for video, sometimes it will say it stopped supporting 4K@24Hz (normally that is supported).

I do have an AV receiver between my Xbox and TV (for Atmos). It is a Marantz SR5011, and supports HDR passthrough (including deep colour and wide gamut). I have not yet tried bypassing it, is thrre any way to do this without losing Atmos?

Anything else I can try to get this working? I'm reading that a lot if games support deep color (10-bit) and wide gamut, so it would be great to see that, since my TV supports it.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have HDMI 2.0a cables all the way through. Also update your firmware on both receiver and TV. Finally. check your tv settings. Some tvs have things like HDMI subsampling turned off by default. Your receiver needs to also have things such as subsampling and CEC turned on if it is in options (I have an Anthem Atmos receiver, and had to turn off default preset modes).

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried connecting the xbox directly to the TV with the included cable, same results.

Deep Color and Wide Color Gamut are enabled on the TV, aspect ratio is at Just Scan, every else is set according to what the Xbox calibration tool recommends. TV picture mode is set tp ISF Expert1, which is needed to unlock most options suggested by the calibration tool.

Anything else I should check? There's no HDMI enhanced, or anything like that. Just HDMI Deep Color. AFAIK that's all the LGs need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes