xbox one x and Kinect

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I want to get the xbox one x, but my kids love the Kinect games we have on the One.... does the One X support Kinect or not?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, works fine, but you need the adapter. Microsoft Stores seem to have the most stock, but any store that sells the One S/X should carry it.

Best Buy has it for $30 normal price (at least in Canada, probably cheaper in the US) but MSRP is $40-50. My local MS Store was able to price match though.

Plug the Kinect into the adapter "hub", plus the hub into power (it needs an external power brick, unfortunately), and plus the USB cable into the hub and either port on the back of the Xbox. It'll detect automatically, no setup required.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I want to get the xbox one x, but my kids love the Kinect games we have on the One.... does the One X support Kinect or not?

Yes, it fully supports the Kinect but you will need to get the adapter.

I still use and love the Kinect on my XBOX One X, mostly for voice commands and sign ins. However, I do like the few Kinect games there are and in this months Games With Gold, there is a Kinect Enhanced game available.

Now if Microsoft could port KINECT PARTY and the original (not this Rivals junk) KINECT SPORTS...that would be something.

wyabcp

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the X and transferred the kinect from my OG xbox, had to buy the adapter, but I could never miss the control it gives me, just being able to say "Xbox on", and have it switch on, TV, AV, and set top box is awesome... All the other commands are super useful too..

Quaalid

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I use Kinect every day and enjoy it for navigating TV channels and recording game clips. The "XBOX' legacy commands are much more fluid than Cortana because it doesnt need to ping a server somewhere. Sadly I have noticed Microsoft has taken some commands away like "XBOX select" which would highlight everything on screen that could be voice activated. My question is why take that feature away? Who does it harm?

Jaroslav Houdek

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

It is quite difficult to buy the official adapter cable these days. I had to go with a DIY solution. It works, but you need to disassemble the kinect sensor, losing any warranty.

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Although now Microsoft has opened up webcams for use with Skype on Xbox, I still use my Kinect for that. I also use the face login too. Those are my two favorite features.

Hi,

hoyty

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Yep, I still use mine mostly for Skype with grandparents. Still best camera for it. Also new re-release of Disney game uses it. Also use it for voice control sometimes.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Yep, use it everyday. Kinect is the primary media interface in our room...voice commands and visual login are terrific.

Packard1

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

100% YES! the kids and live bowling, fruit ninja etc and I use the voice support to control my amp and tv channels etc.

I’ll be trading up from an original Xbox one to a One X but find the price of the adapter to be Ridiculously expensive online. Hope MS get more produced and for a reasonable price

Haystack510

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Received my project Scorpio and the first thing I made sure worked was the Kinect. Its a must i use it to turn on my Xbox/TV. I use it to change apps when my hands are full. Using hey cortana works great. Especially when folks are over and I use the command they all have a million questions after. I do however prefer when Cortana was able to change TV cannels but since the fall update. That feature is no longer there. Hopefully they can bring that back. I do not use the gaming aspect of it too much. But when my nephews and Nieces come over they sure do enjoy dance central. And then there is SKYPE. my family lives in a different country so being able to see them on a big screen instead of a phone is awesome. Hopefully they can figure something out to bring Kinect more alive. Maybe it was ahead of its time but with VR going the way it is I am sure Kinect can live on.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I finally picked up a Kinect (Gamestop used for $17, how can you not?), and I returned the first one, because I thought the Mic was broken. The second one was just as bad at picking up commands. I expected, foolishly, the same or better quality than the Kinect 360. I installed Cortana, and it is way better, and usually works. But the fact that the neutered the setup by removing gesture controls, pretty much doomed it. It's good for switching apps, but the second you get there, you need to pick up a controller anyway.
I use it for:
-Turning the Xbox on/off
-Turning my volume up
-Pausing/Playing movies
They should have left gesture control in it, and made sure it could act as a "cursor select" in any app. Even if you didn't use it for games, it would have been a worthwhile accessory, that I would have paid $100 for. But since they crippled it in comparison to the 360? Stupid. Just absolutely STUPID on Microsoft's part.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Although now Microsoft has opened up webcams for use with Skype on Xbox, I still use my Kinect for that. I also use the face login too. Those are my two favorite features.

I tried to get Skype, and it said it was currently unavailable. Have you had it on there for a while? Did they pull it since then? Or did they just re-add it? Sorry for a 100 questions...

Ireney Berezniak

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I am still using it myself. I have X and had to purchase the adapter, obviously, which a little vexing, truth be told.

Now, this means that my original One, which I moved to another family room, is without one, and I find myself issuing commands to it forgetting that it lacks the means of listening to them. This has really highlighted how much I actually did use Kinect to control the console, whether switching apps, video playback, or channel switching. If I come across a good price, I will buy another Kinect for the original One.

Rockin Yankee

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
I still have one for the voice command ability it offers. Matter of fact, I bought another and an adapter for my Xbox One X. I love using it for the voice commands to control my TV/Cable box, receiver and other voice commands. I wish they would come out with a voice command device like Alexa or Google Home that would offer more features like home environmental controls so that I could get rid of the Kinect.

JasonH81

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't find the adapter for sale anywhere. It's annoying, and I don't feel like getting price gouged because the sharks smell blood in the water. I guess a lot of people are upgrading.

jbrown9100

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I use it daily like so many others; turn on/off the Xbox, switch apps, pause/resume shows and volume up/down. Periodically, I'll use Cortana to set a reminder or search for stuff on the web. I had hoped they would have made a next generation one with games for 4K and Xbox One X. My kids have almost the entire Kinect game portfolio and still play many of them regularly.
I have adult children and grandchildren in different parts of the country. We use it to Skype. We really like being able to Skype with a 70" TV.

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
It is quite difficult to buy the official adapter cable these days. I had to go with a DIY solution. It works, but you need to disassemble the kinect sensor, losing any warranty.

Not hard at all... did you try Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Microsoft Store, etc.? All of those places have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa