Do you prefer the Xbox One X, PC, or both?

Random Thoughts

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I used to be almost entirely a PC gamer, but I'm back to being a console gamer almost full-time.

It's too expensive to constantly keep up with PC's and generally performance degrades over time unless you upgrade.

With the consoles it's the opposite. You make a fixed investment, and the performance gets better with time as they optimize the kit.

sylvanas fox

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
xbox and pc are both have their advantages and disadvantages recommend cross platform compatibility to maximize use of resources available to both xbox and pc give the xbox a mouse and keyboard and give the pc an almost xbox or console like os more coffee michael?<3

Keyan06

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I like them both. Playing Bethesda RPGs, always PC (mods. yes.....mods...). For classic games and flight sims, obviously PC.

I like keyboard/mouse - but I also like controllers ergonomically, you can sit back and not be hunched up over a keyboard with another hand off on a mouse, and analog walking has it's advantages in terms of variable speed and diagonal movement that WASD can't match. There may be controllers out there that can do that but I haven't looked in a while.

For games with the family or friends, or for relaxing in the evening, it's a no brainer, nothing can beat sitting down in front of a large TV on a couch with 7.1 surround and a 4K HDR panel on the One X. It's phenomenal. Gears 4 is something that has to be seen on the One X with a good display. If you are so inclined you can of course move a PC or have one for hooking up to your home theater, but everything just works easily with a One X that is designed for being in a living room, from the interface scale to the sound/video configurations.

The flip side of the closed/pay for argument that PC gamers like to make as a negative is parity, reliability, security, and features. I'm happy to pay for XBL. It's not that much per year in the grand scheme of this hobby, it has excellent party and matchmaking with seamless voice chat. Sure it occasionally has hiccups but so do PC services. And you get 4 free games a month. Everyone on there is playing on a more level playing field with similar controllers and hardware platforms (although some deviation with Elite controllers and the One X), the guy who spent 2k on a high end gaming rig and 8 billion DPI mice won't have as much of an advantage just because he had a huge bankroll. Oh and cheating is much harder. Cheaters ruin PC gaming constantly.

Overall...for me, I like them both. I try to keep a moderately functional PC that while not a huge insane beast can play modern and older titles well, and I also really enjoy console gaming at times too, and for that my choice is Xbox (although yes MS could really up their game on exclusives...)

mattmoo

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I have an Xbox One X, and so far I'm quite happy with it. It's the best made console in years and best of all, the console settings people seem to think were going to be the norm are non-existant as of yet. While being able to play games in 4K in many cases, that's a true feat. I don't think you can diminish because you like pc and find it more powerful. This is a console that was made for gamers and the fact that it can do a reasonable amount of 4K and also HDR, is impressive by itself.

Of course it is a console, but it's almost perfect if you consider that and just enjoy the games instead of over thinking whatever you want to compare between the two platforms. It can be a pretty blissful experience to play on Xbox One X on games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Assassins Creed Origins, and many more.

SX86

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Now that the Xbox One X is out and offers performance closer to that of today's gaming rigs, I'm interested in learning whether you have a personal preference, whether it has changed recently, or if you have both platforms and use them interchangeably, depending on what you wish to play.

For me, I'm about PC gaming most of the time, but do enjoy the Xbox One X when it comes to playing something on the larger screen. What say you?

I prefer to play games on my Xbox One, now Xbox One X, because I don't have that feeling that I have to spend extra money every other year to stay current with the current state of gaming performance. I do have a gaming Laptop that was purchased in 2012, but the Xbox can play games at a higher resolution and higher level of detail.

Also, I like that most games on Xbox One are optimized for the hardware, where, on PC, you have to have what the developer optimized it for in terms of system requirements for a specific game.

Only thing missing on Xbox One now is something that ressembles Steam, but the Xbox Game Preview is a good start.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I prefer to play games on my Xbox One, now Xbox One X, because I don't have that feeling that I have to spend extra money every other year to stay current with the current state of gaming performance. I do have a gaming Laptop that was purchased in 2012, but the Xbox can play games at a higher resolution and higher level of detail.

Also, I like that most games on Xbox One are optimized for the hardware, where, on PC, you have to have what the developer optimized it for in terms of system requirements for a specific game.

Only thing missing on Xbox One now is something that ressembles Steam, but the Xbox Game Preview is a good start.

Funny you should say that because in 2013 you guys paid 500 bucks for a weak console, now you pay another 500 for a stronger console that plays the same games. Some have even bought the S at 300-400 bucks in between. Add the 300 bucks if you played online since 2013 till 2018 and a further 60 per year.
And let's forget games are more expensive on console.
With all that cash we could have got a more powerful upgradable PC from 2013 to 2018.
There are A LOT more games, feature and things you can do with a PC, more gaming options, mods, True BC, a lot more "true 4K", more freedom...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos