Xbox One S To Get HDR Updates Going Forward?

anon(10359826)

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
With all the new Xbox One X enhanced games becoming available with support for both 4K and HDR, will the Xbox One S get updates going forward for it's games to be played in HDR too?

For instance, Destiny 2, soon to receive the 4K HDR treatment for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, will the One S get the HDR update for this game?

I'm asking for myself, and for the many other owners of the Xbox One S. I bought the console for it's ability to play games in HDR, and I don't see why it shouldn't receive updates to take advantage of this for the same games as the One X; being a new console and part of the current generation.

Otherwise, what's the point in owning one? And why was it sold to me as an HDR console in the first instance?

Thanks,

Jacob

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Games use the same package file on all systems, so unless they deliberately block HDR on a specific platform, it should work.
I'm fairly certain it takes literally NO effort to enable HDR on all devices (compared to enabling on one), and takes MORE effort to actually prevent it from showing on one device.

This goes for PC, Xbox One, One S, and One X.

The nice thing about MS's push for universal everything, they've actually made it more difficult to make features for less platforms. :winktongue:

tigerinexile

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
One test: see whether Final Fantasy XV can have HDR enabled.

The PS4 version of the game on the original PS4 with the HDR firmware upgrade would allow one to turn HDR on or off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills