Rumour- Microsoft to Buy EA

Dradzk

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
"But seriously answer this as a gamer or a consumer and not as a MS ******:
Would you prefer them investing 40b on EA just to make their games exclusives to XB or would you rather they invest 40b on 10-15 new studios that make amazing content for XB gamers all while keep getting EA games. Be honest..."

Personally, I have zero preference. Whichever delivers the most high quality games for me to choose from that are trying to earn my money rather than treat me as a cash cow. As I don't have a crystal ball, I do not know which of the current options would better fit that. Microsoft has a spotty history with many of their studios, but so does EA. I have never gotten the impression that Microsoft was trying to swindle me though.

So long story short, I won't be disappointed if MS doesn't buy EA, but I will be interested to see what happens if they do.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
You often ran away when I ask for proof. But this time it looks like you're trying to avoid answering this question that I asked earlier:

"But seriously answer this as a gamer or a consumer and not as a MS ******:
Would you prefer them investing 40b on EA just to make their games exclusives to XB or would you rather they invest 40b on 10-15 new studios that make amazing content for XB gamers all while keep getting EA games. Be honest..."

I'd rather they do niether. I'd rather they buy EA and put all the games in Game Pass day and date of launch. I don't particularly have alot of money to spend on Gaming. Would much rather pay £7.99/month abd that be it.

I'm quite happy with the games I play each year. I don't really struggle with needing more. Looming forward to spending probably upward of 200+ hours on Sea Of Thieves soon. The beta was amazing.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I'd rather they buy EA and put all the games in Game Pass day and date of launch. I don't particularly have alot of money to spend on Gaming. Would much rather pay £7.99/month abd that be it.

Wait. If MS make their own games they'll all be on game pass so that argument really doesn't stand. Plus there'll still be EA access for ea games.

It's not about the "need to play more". It's having MORE choice more variety. Companies investing money to make us games is important. If MS didn't put money into making Sea of thieves but instead put that money to acquire a some random 3rd party franchise, you wouldn't be talking about playing SoT.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Wait. If MS make their own games they'll all be on game pass so that argument really doesn't stand. Plus there'll still be EA access for ea games.

It's not about the "need to play more". It's having MORE choice more variety. Companies investing money to make us games is important. If MS didn't put money into making Sea of thieves but instead put that money to acquire a some random 3rd party franchise, you wouldn't be talking about playing SoT.

Buying EA doesn't mean they will stop Rare making games though. I would be entirely happy for EA to continue to be able to put their games on Sonys console. It's games as a service I want per month. I'd rather not have to pay EA Access if its all under 1 roof.

I have a very different view as to why MS would buy EA. It really has nothing to do with Exclusives. Sure on PS you would have to pay £50 a game. But on Xbox you would pay just a monthly subscription. That would be quite a big draw for Xbox anyway.

I think MS are trying to get out in front of the competition for a monthly service of free games. And if they bought EA they would stay on Game Pass forever. While also stopping he competition able to have any of those titles on their own monthly service.

That's how I see an acquisition like this going.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Buying EA doesn't mean they will stop Rare making games though. I would be entirely happy for EA to continue to be able to put their games on Sonys console. It's games as a service I want per month. I'd rather not have to pay EA Access if its all under 1 roof.

I have a very different view as to why MS would buy EA. It really has nothing to do with Exclusives. Sure on PS you would have to pay £50 a game. But on Xbox you would pay just a monthly subscription. That would be quite a big draw for Xbox anyway.

I think MS are trying to get out in front of the competition for a monthly service of free games. And if they bought EA they would stay on Game Pass forever. While also stopping he competition able to have any of those titles on their own monthly service.

That's how I see an acquisition like this going.

It almost look like your purposely trying to ignore the whole point being made. It's not about EA being on game pass.
Its about getting a whole bunch of other whole new games.

You are an obvious fan of MS's games as you already praise and hype Fable, Halo, Gears, Sea Of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Ori 2 A LOT MORE than any current EA game is making or made.
Don't you want more of those MS-made game rather than games that you show a lot less interest towards? Or are you just hyping those games because they are MS games?
It almost looks like you are saying stuff because you know MS are more likely to buy EA than build their own studios...

I told you to not think as a MS/XB "fan" but as a gamer (if you're one)

It's really simple question. There are 2 cases:
1) MS games opens 10-12 studios and regularly provide a whole bunch (along with current studios) of games on game pass + stilll having the ability to buy/rent EA games seperately.
or 2) Just have EA games on game pass. No new games no new studios.

This should be a no-brainer for an actual gamer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss